Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The man hasn't got it. The board will be seriously naive if they think season tickets will still sell well for next season; the fans are really not happy with what's happened this season. I'll not be back anyway until there's a change. I'm not joking when I say this: that is the worst football I have witnessed in the past 20 years supporting the Pars, even worse than season 14-15. At least that season we seen some goals at EEP. There is no defending the fact that an Alloa Athletic player is the top goalscorer at EEP this season. An absolute farce.  

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I'm not joking when I say this: that is the worst football I have witnessed in the past 20 years supporting the Pars, even worse than season 14-15. 

Steady on. I'd take terrible football over getting ridden 5-1 by Stranraer and 3-0 by Brechin every time.

I also don't care if Crawford is a bundle of energy or boring as sin, as long as the football is exciting and we win plenty of games.

Steady on. I'd take terrible football over getting ridden 5-1 by Stranraer and 3-0 by Brechin every time.
I also don't care if Crawford is a bundle of energy or boring as sin, as long as the football is exciting and we win plenty of games.

He's boring as sin, the football's shite and we don't win.

Most managers are boring.

It's not something that should be of relevance.

What should be is the football played and the results, which to nearly all of us say he should go and a new manager brought in.

57 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Sad day when you can't attract a manager away from Morton.

Give it to Paul Clement on tic...

We'll never know if we can or can't though unless the club try to employ him, which looks unlikely.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

We'll never know if we can or can't though unless the club try to employ him, which looks unlikely.

He's a Morton fan who has shares with the club, he's not going to come to us. 

Sounds to me that Stevie knows he's safe.

My biggest concern with this, is the style of play.  I know he's spoken about changing things but I'm not convinced there will be a big change. He seems to spend a lot of his analysis talking about defending from the front and being compact, players buying into his game plan.  At no point has he hinted at playing expansive football.  Only ever mentioned bringing in players to suit what he's trying to do.

Bruce Anderson has been let down by him. The guy would score goals for fun in this league with a more attack minded team.  He has chased shaddows under Crawford. No support due to parking the bus.

If he's here next year and he's boring the tits off me still by October/Novemeber time and bang average results to match, then I would want to see action. 

Not a great situation to be going into in a new season. He needs a good start or it will turn bitter very quickly.

In not sure folk complaining about Crawford's style of play are being serious by suggesting Hopkin as a preferred candidate, he played anti football that was pretty poor to watch. He wouldn't be my choice, I would gladly give Stevie to Christmas and take stock then we can look for a replacement, Jack Ross might be available by then ;) . I would hasten to add that I was desperate to Darren Young to come in to replace AJ and I'm glad we didn't do that.

26 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Sounds to me that Stevie knows he's safe.

My biggest concern with this, is the style of play.  I know he's spoken about changing things but I'm not convinced there will be a big change. He seems to spend a lot of his analysis talking about defending from the front and being compact, players buying into his game plan.  At no point has he hinted at playing expansive football.  Only ever mentioned bringing in players to suit what he's trying to do.

The only glimmer of hope I can see in that regard is that the youth teams under Shields play some good football. 

Summer recruitment will say allot, we desperately need some wingers, would love us to make a move for a player like Dom Thomas. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Cardle, Dom Thomas, Harry Paton and Sam Roscoe pls.

I’d literally rub one out for any of those.

Edit - Rudden on loan emoji102.png

Was actually going to suggest Rudden, depends if Rangers want him to play in the Premiership though. 

Who's Sam Roscoe? 

Was actually going to suggest Rudden, depends if Rangers want him to play in the Premiership though. 
Who's Sam Roscoe? 

Rudden, Anderson or Keena would all be excellent loans. Dobbie(this is me dreaming now) is also possibly available if queens go down. Issue is if bottom 6 clubs come in for them or their own teams keep them as fringe players(apart from Dobbie obviously). Unfortunately Good chance none of them will be available.

In terms of wingers as far as I'm aware mcdaid is available, he's unstoppable on form tho I think Ayr fans have moaned about his consistency, if united go up king and mcmullan might become available.

Aird is also capable but it looks like once again his attitude has let him down at queens.