Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Rovers fans suggesting we won’t miss Nisbet much are in denial. We haven’t had a 30 goal a season striker since Dalziel in our Div.1 title year in 1993.

He might not have a pedigree in the Championship but he’s clearly knuckled down and grasped his (at the time) final shot at full-time football this season.

1 hour ago, ExxyJj said:

If Nisbet signs, all League One top scorers over the past six seasons (apart from Rory McAllister) will have played for the Pars. Seven straight seasons, if you include the old Division Two.

That is an astounding stat.

I'd love to see us sign someone in the same like as Scott McDonald. He was a huge part of Thistle staying up and a shit load of experience beyond this level.

Strangely, I think Kris Doolan could be that guy for us.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Indeed. 

Due to living down South I've went to allot of Brentford games, it's only been the last few years which has actually Co incided with the best and most sustained success since the 1930s, a side that plays some of the best football in the league and a new stadium on the way close to the spiritual home. The current stadium has a pub on every corner of the ground aswell, sounds great eh? 

The fans still moaned like f**k last season during points. Either I'm unlucky enough to be a part of two of the most negative fanbases in British football or football fans are quite fickle. I know what I'm putting my money on. 

Theres St Johnstone fans who demand Tommy Wright is sacked and want a "clearout" every single Summer...

17 hours ago, grumswall said:

He constantly works up front, challenging for high balls and pressing defenders. He created a few goals from nothing last season aswell. He doesn't have a high record of assists because he is a natural goalscorer and will look to find the net rather than a teammate. We will absolutely miss him if he leaves. FB_IMG_1558386949664.jpg

Come on, baby, do the no promotion :whistle

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd love to see us sign someone in the same like as Scott McDonald. He was a huge part of Thistle staying up and a shit load of experience beyond this level.

After that ridiculous song some of our fans insisted on singing, I doubt Scott McDonald would consider playing for us. 

Its a shame our fans didn’t put that amount of effort into making up more songs backing our own players   

McDonald has gone over to Oz now. 

Just fuel more Falkirk comparisons, Casey Stewart of Tadcaster Albion now on our radar. Former Sheffield United youth player. He's just started following Pars twitter account too.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How?

Well, it's going to make a lot of people look stupid and their "sources" to be bollocks. 

Also, I doubt these two young guys from England will be in contention for the first team. They'll be development squad players initially and given the odd game to see their worth. Totally unlike Falkirk who relied on the jobbers they signed to do do the business for them from the off. We'll still have plenty of players to announce that we're probably more familiar with. 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why would Doolan be that guy?

If he was that guy then Partick wouldn't have had to buy Mcdonald, pretty crucially Mcdonald was still a good player at this level, Doolan is not. 

9 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

It's big step up from where they have been playing.  Very happy with signing the of Turner but the 3 or 4 from down south make me quite nervous of a Falkirk like scenario. 

The schoolboy lad has already trained with us twice so I suppose Stevie and co must be confident enough. 

Crawford clearly making good on his promise of investing in youth. Complete polar opposite of AJs approach of arsing money at players based on reputation and past experience of managing them.

Time will tell if it's the correct approach. Interesting few months coming up.

1494 season tickets sold. Up from 1302 same day last year. Bit surprised.

Renewed mine before closing today and the poor women behind the desk was knackered. Volunteer tae. Doft my cap to all the folk that give their time for nothing.