Walking Down The Halbeath Road

17 years ago today since we lost Mr Dunfermline! RIP Norrie, your gone but never forgotten!! :(

Used to really hate the big moustachiod fucker,

probably like most of the Raith support,

& that in itself is probably the biggest sign of respect from opposition fans.

RIP Norrie.

Norrie was a magnificent player, focused, determined and a born leader. He had worked bloody hard to get to the level he achieved, remember, when he arrived at East End Park, he was basically a Cowdeneath reserve. Enjoyed my post match pints with him, John Watson and Ziggy Bowie in the 80s

Used to really hate the big moustachiod fucker,

probably like most of the Raith support,

& that in itself is probably the biggest sign of respect from opposition fans.

RIP Norrie.

Ditto this. A typical Townie basturt so he was!

Nothing but respect for the big man and a totally tragic story which is still hard to believe all these years on.

RIP

Ditto this. A typical Townie basturt so he was!

Nothing but respect for the big man and a totally tragic story which is still hard to believe all these years on.

RIP

Ditto so much so I attended his service at East End Park

Another fooker was John Watson ;)

I can't believe it's been 17 years.

I remember vividly getting up that morning to read the football news on teletext and ceefax while having breakfast before toddling off to school, as I would do every morning. I couldn't believe what I was reading and I was simply shocked and horrified. Only the season previously, I'd got to fulfil a dream of leading the team out alongside Norrie when I was mascot. That night, a midweek match against Stranraer which we won 3-1, epitomised what he was all about - he made it his priority to make sure that I, a awestruck 7 year old, felt welcome and the centre of attention in the dressing room as I met my heroes. He came across as a genuinely warm and kind man, and that will always be an abiding memory.

Given my primary school age, my dad didn't let me go to the service but I think it spoke volumes that over 6,000 people attended at East End Park. He was a leader and a terrific servant for the club the likes of which we'll never see again. The big man is still one of my heroes.

RIP Mr Dunfermline.

Like others above I can't believe that was 17 years ago when Norrie died a true Dunfermline legend. I can remember him joining Cowden in 1980 signed by Pat Stanton who later fecked off to EEP and took Norrie with him we got Craig McFarlane in exchange needless to say DAFC got the better of that deal :lol:

Remember being at his testimonial game v Newcastle in 1989 I think it was.

Off the park also remember when Norrie and big Watson had their pubs in the town the East Port and Nicos was it just along from the Alhambra?

Edited by cowdenbeath

Still one of my heroes and remember seeing the headline on ceefax/teletext about is death when I got home from school and put it on. Was saying on the pars forum that on the odd occassion I watch the old champions video these days from 96, the part about the death of Norrie still puts me in a sombre mood. My favourite memory is the goal he scored to start the comeback against Dundee at Dens 2-0 at half time he brought us back to life and I think if my memory is correct we went on to romp them 4-2 (was this game not just a month before his death?)

Theres chat of organising a minutes applause on Saturday on the forth minute (his shirt number) of the game which would be a great tribute

post-13733-0-68758600-1357666297_thumb.j

Edited by Fifes Elite Force