Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
39 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
Hippolyte's testimonial

Hes been broken down for scrap?

The scrapping machine won’t get him as he’ll be too far forward,.........as usual 

Edited by P475

I remember us losing to Shipyard. Maybe ahout 89/90ish. Our modern studies teacher was a physio or coach for them and next morning he got a wee round of applause from us Pars fans in the class.
Yeah, think they beat us 1-0 at East End when a few years before (or maybe after) we beat them 10-1.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
Aren't you aware that all TV money is pooled as part of the prize money? We don't make anything extra from these nowadays.

Tell them to gtf then. We are losing money from tv coverage that cant be right.

Our prize money is subsidised by TV money which shows predominantly Premiership games. 

The pricing of the league games and season tickets were fair enough. It brought us in line with similar clubs with similar facilities. 

The league cup prices are just ridiculous though. Surely this was a chance to get fans hooked with potential wins against smaller teams. 

They're taking this piss by being the most expensive club in the group stages. Unproven team built on a reduced budget too. Just when the young players need the support, the club start making daft pricing decisions like this. I'm now not going to any of these games just to show that I'm not some fanboy cash cow. The board need to remember that many of our fan base pay £20 a month lifeline as well as ST's. The really are going to start pissing people off.

Edited by Chubbychops

As chubbychops says, I was happy with our reasons for increasing league prices. We brought them in line with everyone else. The board stated how important competitive pricing was.

Genuinely interested to know he reasons our board have decided our league cup games will cost 25% more than the top flight clubs are charging for them. That goes against the whole competitive pricing argument.

For me, this should be used as a chance to encourage some of the fans that disappeared last season, to return and see the new squad. It would be good for the players to play in front of a semi-decent crowd as well. Instead, we announce the highest prices of any team in the group stage, discouraging fans from turning up.

Starting to feel like the board are taking the piss out the fans.