Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye, an ever present in a team that’s sitting second top and not been out the top 4 all season, mental. :huh:

Aye, a player that put in the worst performance I've ever seen at this level then signing for one of the best teams is mental. 

He was gubbins against us earlier in the season aswell. 

Because you'll have seen every dunfermline game this season right enough.
Well no, mainly because as Grant helpfully points out here.....
Aye, a player that put in the worst performance I've ever seen at this level then signing for one of the best teams is mental. 

He was gubbins against us earlier in the season aswell. 
One can use prior assessment to arrive at conclusions.

Its pretty popular on this thread to claim Dunfermline have a knack of getting the best out of players. The reality however is that much like with Jimmy Craigen, what you were told is that you will go nowhere with signings like these. That was proved true of Craigen and I would happily bet it will prove true of Paton. And lets not pretend he uasnt been slated plenty on this thread this season too. Oddly defensive of him tbh.

You might well get the best out of these types of guys but the best they have is mediocrity. Enjoy.

Craigan was a wee star in a team of utter Shite last season. Hippolyte being on of the worst culprits. Durnan was also a fucking dungheap of a defender, don't know how he's getting on in League One but he was awful here.
Durnan is shite. I've not seen 1 minute of him this season but he'll have been shite. Going by Bairnardo's logic, anyway.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well no, mainly because as Grant helpfully points out here.....One can use prior assessment to arrive at conclusions.

Its pretty popular on this thread to claim Dunfermline have a knack of getting the best out of players. The reality however is that much like with Jimmy Craigen, what you were told is that you will go nowhere with signings like these. That was proved true of Craigen and I would happily bet it will prove true of Paton. And lets not pretend he uasnt been slated plenty on this thread this season too. Oddly defensive of him tbh.

You might well get the best out of these types of guys but the best they have is mediocrity. Enjoy.

But then as the Ayr fan has pointed out, despite Muirhead being (imo) a gubbins player they've been in the top four for a year now, the reason we have had mediocrity isn't because of James Craigan, it was the shite that surrounded him which led to our mediocrity. You're never going to have a team of superstars at this level. 

Partick Thistle got promoted with James Craigan scoring the goal that effectively won them the league, Inverness won the Scottish Cup with James Vincent scoring the winning goal despite being down to ten men etc etc. 

There's allot that goes into a good squad, and James Craigan, as well as Paul Paton have been in good squads. 

Durnan is shite. I've not seen 1 minute of him this season but he'll have been shite. Going by Bairnardo's logic, anyway.
Absolutely proves my point tbf since Durnan is rapidly becoming my scapegoat of the season. A fucking carthorse capable of the occasional impressive aerial challenge but other than that, a liability.

Absolutely proves my point tbf since Durnan is rapidly becoming my scapegoat of the season. A fucking carthorse capable of the occasional impressive aerial challenge but other than that, a liability.
Not utilising him properly IMO.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not utilising him properly IMO.

Utlising that man to the limit of his skills would result in a red card and a prison sentence. 

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Craigan was a wee star in a team of utter Shite last season. Hippolyte being on of the worst culprits. Durnan was also a fucking dungheap of a defender, don't know how he's getting on in League One but he was awful here.

He really wasn't. He was definitely less shite than most but in no way was he a star.

Where did you go?
League one benchod

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Well no, mainly because as Grant helpfully points out here.....One can use prior assessment to arrive at conclusions.

Paton is, by and large, doing just fine for us just now. Don't think any Pars fan is thinking he's a top 6 Premiership quality player, but he's doing a job for a mid-table Championship club, which is where we are just now. Also worth bearing in mind that the centre of midfield is probably the one area Crawford hasn't quite sussed out yet, but even now Paton is being used well and no real cause for concern, we have options if he or Turner is having an off day.

Craigen was a big part of the 2017-18 team that had a late push and helped turn our season around and get into the playoffs. But why let facts get in the way of your bitterness...

If you’re looking for examples of players who have flopped at us, surely you’d go for the likes of Gavin Reilly, Dean Shiels, El Bakhtaoui (second time)... reality is, as is the case with most clubs, there’s plenty examples of us getting the best out of some players and plenty examples of players having the worst spell of their career with us.

Craigen got pass marks last season, that was about it. Every single other player was absolute horse-shit, barring Joe Thomson.

I don’t think J Longridge was even that good tbh. Masterstroke from Crawford selling him when we had Lewis Martin coming back from injury.

I wouldn't consider Dean Shiels a 'flop' with us. The second half of his season was very poor, but for much of the first half of the season he was a very influential player for us.