Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Why didn’t we let the full time team win on Saturday? They seem to get upset when they get beat/hammered.
Oh yes it’s because we have much better players, management and supporters.
what you on about [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Shut the f**k up peter.

It’s not like you weren’t warned that “shut up and coach” is NOT a viable choice with PG.

From the interviews, the implosion is spectacular…I’m not sure the new management can wait till week 10 to make a change.

Just now, TxRover said:

It’s not like you weren’t warned that “shut up and coach” is NOT a viable choice with PG.

From the interviews, the implosion is spectacular…I’m not sure the new management can wait till week 10 to make a change.

Just cos it’s predictable doesn’t make it ok.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Seeker said:
Why didn’t we let the full time team win on Saturday? They seem to get upset when they get beat/hammered.

You're cute x

Seeker sounds about 14 Leigh! 

3 hours ago, Seeker said:

What in the name of all that is holy are you even talking about?

I have never in my life sobbed because the Pars won a game but the defeated opposition didn’t praise us highly enough.

Such bizarre and troubling behaviour from now - incredibly - multiple Arbroath fans.

Anyone getting a bit worried that Grant will get to at least December, regardless of how toxic and depleted the crowds are? Fearful this is going to be yet another wasted season. In fact, I’m concerned that the season is done already, unless Grant is punted over the next fortnight.

First championship season with no massive favourites/bigger clubs and the board have made a complete mess of it. This should have been the most winnable season for us since we returned to this level in 2016. Prior to that, we’ve had Hibs, Dundee United, Hearts. All of whom would have to underachieve for us to finish above them. It wasn’t impossible, but it was certainly a bigger task. You can probably add Ross County to the list, due to the money they spent.

Basically, prior to this season starting, there was no excuse for us not to be challenging at the top this year. It makes it even more inexcusable that we headhunted this buffoon, who has only experienced failure as a manager.

The fact that the club’s social media put up a pre-match interview with the manager, around 7 hours after we forfeited the game, only highlights how embarrassing our club currently is. The Germans can forget about an academy etc if we don’t sort out the mess on the park/behind the scenes. It certainly won’t be feasible to set up an academy when we’re in league 1.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Anyone getting a bit worried that Grant will get to at least December, regardless of how toxic and depleted the crowds are? Fearful this is going to be yet another wasted season. In fact, I’m concerned that the season is done already, unless Grant is punted over the next fortnight.

We lose against Ayr and Inverness then any realistic hope of promotion will be finished by mid-September, no matter if Grant stays or get sacked.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Just looked at the fixtures and honestly can't see where our next win comes from. Looking at the next 4 (away to Ayr, home to ICT and Hamilton, away to Raith) if we were to win none of those games then I can't see him being in charge by time October begins. Ayr haven't had a great start but it's been more respectable than ours. ICT are the best team in the league as it stands, Hamilton will beat us because we never beat them at East End and the Raith game is a lottery. 

If it was the old board fully in charge then I'd be concerned he'd get until Christmas, or even the full campaign but with the Germans on board now I think he could be out quicker. They might have had involvement in his appointment but I think they'll be more ruthless, genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they'd had a "chat" already. His interviews where he mentions that he "hopes to get time to fix things" will suggest that.

20 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We lose against Ayr and Inverness then any realistic hope of promotion will be finished by mid-September, no matter if Grant stays or get sacked.

It doesn't seem to me that the board recognize how crucial the next few weeks are. IMO we're out of the title race already,  and if we lose the next few even getting 4th will be a tough challenge. 

Every single game we let grant take charge of is a game less a new manager has to bring our season back to something respectful.

How the hell are they planning on getting fans in to watch?  we could have the best PR campaign in history and it wouldn't make a mark against fans seeing the results,  hearing the manager slaver shite in every interview and the very negative reports from those of us insane enough to drag ourselves along.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It doesn't seem to me that the board recognize how crucial the next few weeks are.

I think they will. Just because PG hasn't been sacked yet doesn't mean they haven't been having conversations behind the scenes, amongst the board plus with PG and possibly even the players. I want PG gone as much as the next person but if they'd sacked him by now I'd be gobsmacked, we've only played 3 league games. Just to be clear though I don't for one second think he can turn this around, purely just speculating as to how the board are viewing this.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The board must be thinking 'its only 3 games, give him time'

What they should be thinking is its only 3 games,  that gives us a chance to rectify the mistake of employing him and get someone else in whilst there is time for them to achieve something.

They might be. But they also might be thinking 'that's him 3 games without a win, fail to win away to Ayr on Saturday and we have to change it'. Let's be honest, I don't even think Roman Abramovich would have sacked a manager after 3 league games but it probably wouldn't be far off.

Last year was difficult for the fans to vote with their feet because we couldn't attend the games and watching on a stream isn't for everyone, so they would have anticipated less paying customers. I personally think if crowds were in last season that Stevie's position could have came under threat, fans really weren't happy but apart from voicing their opinions on social media and fans forums there was no real way to get your point across. I know from my opinion I was already disappointed with how the season was teetering out before Raith scudded us 5-1, couldn't see anyway back for him after that. This season is different, we can now all go to the games so if the football on show continues to be poor even more fans will stop going.

Have been thinking for a while that the new investors might be considering an appointment from "linksfeld" for the next manager with their Hamburg connections.  Maybe @Stellaboz can give some insight about the possibility of the currently unemployed Daniel Thioune ??

Maybe salaries & funds available are way beyond a reality for him or any others from that circle, but the potential Scottish alternatives to the current, incompetent incumbent are both thin on the ground and uninspiring.     Just a thought for something different and to get the fans back onside - even for a while.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daniel-thioune/profil/trainer/15452