Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, an86 said:

The one hope I’d give us is that Cove Rangers didn’t beat us this season. All the pressure is on Dunfermline. Nobody really expects us to do anything. Saw you pump Thistle and thought you’d get out of trouble. Looked a decent outfit that night. 

Reckon we’ll have to score first. Conceding a goal usually leads to an apocalyptic drop off in performance levels. Dunfermline score early and it could be a long two legs. My one hope is that we stay in the tie to give Saturday a bit of spice. Make it as tense for the Dunfermline players as possible. Many Pars fans are likely to come through?

Aye we did look good that evening against Thistle. Bit of a false reflection tbh.

I think the first leg will be tight with it all to be played for in the second leg, can see 1-0/2-1 to either team on Wednesday night. No chance we show a difference in class and kill this in the first leg, we're utter shite. Probably even more so when the pressure is on.

We would normally travel well to these type of games but given the two half arsed performances against Thistle and Queens, the fact it's bck to Firhill and ticket pricing for the home legs I think it'll be a reduced support. Fans are pretty annoyed with the club atm. If we go into Saturday's game down by more than one goal the second leg will be poorly supported also. The Pars board could have came out, got the the fans back on side, discounted tickets with a plea to try and get the place packed but they haven't bothered their arses so neither will the fans.

Edited by The Toun Clock

35 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Quit whinging about the playing surface FFS. I've seen far, far better teams than us play on far, far worse pitches than that. You know what they did? They got on with it. 

They're playing on the same surface against us. Stop making early excuses for them, they should be going out there ready for a fight and making sure they win that fight. 

What much better teams are playing on a worse surface and playing well? It's an undeniable fact that a surface as unique as that will give the advantage to the team that plays on it more

They are playing on the same surface, they've also played on it far more, I genuinely don't get why people can't comprehend that home advantage, is a thing.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What much better teams are playing on a worse surface and playing well? It's an undeniable fact that a surface as unique as that will give the advantage to the team that plays on it more

They are playing on the same surface, they've also played on it far more, I genuinely don't get why people can't comprehend that home advantage, is a thing.

I really hope that our squad doesn't have the same mindset or we're beaten already. 

As for home advantage, I understand what you're saying but it doesn't add up in my book. Firhill is a temporary home for them and we've also played there recently so there should be no surprises in this regard. We're there to beat QP, not the Firhill pitch. 

It was the same when Crawford starting crying about that crazy wind game at Gayfield last season, talking about how it should have been postponed. Aye, maybe but it didn't and we were beaten fair and square because we were a bunch of wee shitebags who didn't want to play. 

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I really hope that our squad doesn't have the same mindset or we're beaten already. 

As for home advantage, I understand what you're saying but it doesn't add up in my book. Firhill is a temporary home for them and we've also played there recently so there should be no surprises in this regard. We're there to beat QP, not the Firhill pitch. 

It was the same when Crawford starting crying about that crazy wind game at Gayfield last season, talking about how it should have been postponed. Aye, maybe but it didn't and we were beaten fair and square because we were a bunch of wee shitebags who didn't want to play. 

I really hope that they've got my mindset so they're prepared to go there and deal with the pitch, if we rock up and try and do our usual way of playing of slow, shite possession based football then we'll be in for a long evening. 

We weren't surprised at the Firhill pitch, but it stands to reason that any team that plays on it regularly will deal with it slightly better, if we used your logic of "You've played there once, now home advantage isn't a factor" how is it teams tend to have better home records? Saying its a temporary home doesn't mean shit, they didn't rock up a couple of weeks back, they've been there all season long. 

When we had our shocking plastic pitch we had a far, far better home record, every team knew about it, every team could train on an AstroTurf, and I'm damn sure teams played on it more than once, but unsurprisingly playing on it for 90 minutes doesn't come close to having had a seasons worth of prep on it. Who would've thought? 

The game should absolutely have been postponed in that instance, it was a farce. Unsurprisingly again, a team that deals with those conditions done far, far better with them. 

Sorry, but we're going to disagree here. It's shitebag mentality. I don't want us to go try play slow, posession football (which we're shite at anyway) either, but they can't go there and have a ready made excuse for not winning. 

Our away record for a number of years now has been shocking and I believe it's a mentality thing above anything else. You HAVE to go away from home and start dealing with the different conditions, it's literally half your season as we all know. They've been doing it since they've been youth players I'm assuming so it's not a new thing. If we're going and coming back after a defeat moaning about the pitch, the wind, the temperature or whatever it says to me that there's a lack of responsibility being taken for their own performances.

Prices reduced to £15 now. However, it’s another club statement that simply lies with their reasoning. Said they went full price to be ‘consistent with previous play off campaigns’ - we reduced prices to £15 for the promotion playoffs 4 years ago and haven’t been in playoffs since.

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Prices reduced to £15 now. However, it’s another club statement that simply lies with their reasoning. Said they went full price to be ‘consistent with previous play off campaigns’ - we reduced prices to £15 for the promotion playoffs 4 years ago and haven’t been in playoffs since.

Good news.

Can everyone start emailing the club telling them to fucking win this play off unlike any other attempt? Maybe they'll listen to that an aw.

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

McHugh, Murray & Quintongo sounds like enough fire power to cause our shitebags a problem. 

Quitongo is our most threatening player. An absolute joy to watch him run at full backs but you are always terrified he gets injured and he hasn’t played 90 minutes in a long time. 

McHugh has improved massively over maybe the last 2 months but he is not a natural goalscorer, certainly not for QP. His hold up play is good but would hope we have much better lined up as a starting striker for next season regardless of what league we are in.

Simon Murray is finished. 

I emailed Drew Main this morning and I've got to say I'm delighted with how quickly he responded. Must've been enough people do it given the change in stance.

26 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Quitongo is our most threatening player. An absolute joy to watch him run at full backs but you are always terrified he gets injured and he hasn’t played 90 minutes in a long time. 

McHugh has improved massively over maybe the last 2 months but he is not a natural goalscorer, certainly not for QP. His hold up play is good but would hope we have much better lined up as a starting striker for next season regardless of what league we are in.

Simon Murray is finished. 

Quitongo has a nasty habit of scoring against us. McHugh has popped up with goals against us. Surprised about Murray although I didn't know he played for QP until I looked at the squad on Saturday so that backs up your assessment. Will score now.

Glad they've reduced the prices but that statement is poor. They really need to be saying more, including an apology. Instead it sounds like a huffy response they were forced in to.

I emailed Drew Main this morning and I've got to say I'm delighted with how quickly he responded. Must've been enough people do it given the change in stance.

I emailed yesterday and got a decent response today. Always had a relatively quick and well thought out response whenever I’ve got in touch. He’s definitely one of the good guys and deserves a lot of credit. He must be very busy with emails this season, but he’s never ignored one of mine.

Logic prevailing but it’s yet another unnecessary f*ck up from the club. We are genuinely a shambles at the moment. It would not shock me in the slightest if QP hump us on Wednesday night, effectively ending the tie.

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I emailed yesterday and got a decent response today. Always had a relatively quick and well thought out response whenever I’ve got in touch. He’s definitely one of the good guys and deserves a lot of credit. He must be very busy with emails this season, but he’s never ignored one of mine.

I've never raised anything with him or the other SLO but it was nice to know it was read, responded to and had impact. You're right he's one of the good guys who had to field a lot of shite.

19 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Anyone know who won the Lifeline half time draw on Friday? Usually posted somewhere but haven’t seen anything. 

Screenshot_20220502-160302.jpg