Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

You are playing in league one next season, you were not safe at all. 

I'm honestly interested in what you think he said, just so we can find out whether it's reading you struggle with, or comprehension. 

I'm honestly interested in what you think he said, just so we can find out whether it's reading you struggle with, or comprehension. 

I’ve stared at both posts for a good 10 minutes and still can’t tell if he’s trying a “wheeheey” moment, or if he’s just thicker than his wee sister’s knickers.

I’ve got a fiver on the latter tbh.

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ha ha fair play, it’s comprehension. In my excitement of you lot going down I completely and utterly misread that. It was also early. So in conclusion I made a c**t of myself.

Just now, Daz80 said:

Ha ha fair play, it’s comprehension. In my excitement of you lot going down I completely and utterly misread that. It was also early. So in conclusion I made a c**t of myself.

Your post was said in such confidence that it made me massively doubt myself. 

Fair play for owning the f**k up tbf. 

On 10/05/2022 at 08:23, TheScarf said:

I don't say this lightly when I say that John Hughes is the last full-time football manager you want managing you when you need to rebuild.  99% of the players he signs are fucking shite.  He's fine when he inherits a good team, which I think he's only done once since the left Falkirk in 2009.

Chairmen need to wake up and realise he's not the guy you want to hire when you've just sacked someone because your team is shite, he's the guy you hire when your manager has been poached for doing well and you have a good team.

Just had a quick look to see who Hughes signed whilst at ICT:

2013/14

Greg Tansey (CM) - Rumoured to have been coming back anyway but this was a signing that definitely did very well for us under Hughes.

2014/15

Lewis Horner (RB) - A player completely out of his depth.
Edward Ofere (ST) - Effective striker to replace Mckay after he left for Wigan. Good signing.
Tarmo Kink (ML) - :lol: I'm not even bothering to write anything about this joker.
Ibra Sekajja (ST) - :lol: See above.

2015/16

Iain Vigurs (CM) - On the whole I'd say this was a good signing. Vigurs is a talented player and whilst he blew hot and cold and his workrate would infuriate some it's a solid enough signing. 
Owain Fon Williams (GK) - Definitely not the greatest keeper we've ever had but far from the worst. Could make some stunning saves then sell you a goal 5 minutes later. Okay, nothing more.
Andrea Mutombo (AM) - Dreadful. Honestly don't know what this guy was meant to offer. Low point was a ludicrous scything tackle on Nick Ross at Dens which saw him sent off. Scored a good goal in the Scottish Cup against Hibs and Yogi pulled his shorts down at full time. Great banter...

Nat Wedderburn (CM) - JFC. Slower than a week in jail and couldn't pass it more than 5 yards. No wonder Hughes was a fan. 
Ryan Williams (CM) - :lol: A former futsal player IIRC? Another awful signing from Hughes and shock it was another central midfielder!
Alex Fisher (ST) - Whilst he went on to be a popular figure during the Foran season (shudder) with Hughes he never played because he was injured or....reasons. Poor signing in terms of return under Hughes but looked better when Foran did play him so I'll say average overall.
Liam Hughes (CM) - :lol: Another dreadful midfielder signed by Hughes? Of course! But to be fair, he moved him up front against Ross County who couldn't handle his physical presence and he turned in a decent performance. But yet another rotten transfer from Yogi.
Dani Lopez (ST) - :lol: :lol: :lol: Hughes claimed he would get double figures the season he signed. Did score a nice goal against Celtic but he was just woeful and capped off his time in Inverness by gobbing on a Saint Johnstone youth player in a reserve / U21 game and was sent packing.
Jordan Roberts (MR/ML) - A player that looked handy when he did play but he was injured far too often to make any real impact. Missed most of his first season at the club but, like Fisher, I'll say overall average.
Miles Storey (ST) - For the one season he played as a striker with Christie playing behind him he looked superb though he did go on a poor run of form without scoring for a while. Identified by the Chairman however so whilst this was a good signing I am not sure how much credit we can give Yogi given he had no part to play in bringing him in.
Tobi Sho-Silva (ST) - Signed around the same time as Storey IIRC and didn't so anything apart from exaggerate a slap from a Hearts player to get him sent off. Another poor signing.

So in 2.5 years Hughes signed one player, Tansey, who improved the squad for longer than a few months (such as Ofere). As @TheScarf says, the majority of players he signs are garbage.

Edited by RiG

Fair play. My apologies to you and your wee sister.

11 hours ago, smpar said:

What also worries me is that the board might feel like sacking their second manager in 6 months is an admission that they've made a right c**t of things this season.

You got relegated - of course they made a right c**t of things 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by spot on

Just now, smpar said:

Fair play. My apologies to you and your wee sister.

I’ve since read your post back and as much as I enjoyed the backwards step you’ve taken since yogi has came, I’ve no idea how I interpreted that so badly. 

My wee sister says you’re a bawbag though. 

You got relegated - of course they made a right c**t of things [emoji2371]
Thats exactly the point. Everyone knows they've made an arse of every single thing in the past few years, but this board will never take any responsibility for it.

You got relegated - of course they made a right c**t of things [emoji2371]
Aye but they'll try spin it in a way to reflect that we should all take collective responsibility.

"You know, you fans aren't entirely blameless in all this" Kind of patter.

Aye but they'll try spin it in a way to reflect that we should all take collective responsibility.

"You know, you fans are to blame. You made Yogi cry like a little girl" Kind of patter.

Fixed it for you

Wonder if they’ll just copy and paste from the statement defending Grant…

“individual mistakes, losing possession in dangerous spaces and lack of defensive compactness played a big role in why we couldn`t win games.”

“With a little bit of luck and a better exploitation of our scoring chances, we could have won one or two games and would then also be in a better position in the table.”

“the coaching team will continue to work on the balance between defence and offense in the coming weeks in order to be able to score goals”

“positive encouragement rather than criticism is what we need from the stands “

“Finally, the Board would like to state that the behaviour of a handful of supporters at the end of Saturday’s match was completely unacceptable”

“the DAFC Board are made up of supporters themselves who have acted on a voluntary basis for the last 8 years”

I wonder if Meggle and co had to ask the other directors what the fans were saying at the end, as they directed the ‘dirty Falkirk b*****d’ chants at Hughes.

We’ll get something from them today or tomorrow, I would suspect. The players have all to report to EEP today. I’d suspect they’ll be getting told what’s happening with them and the management for next season. Whether that means Hughes and working out something with the squad to offset who he doesn’t want OR Hughes has already been given his jotters and is negotiating a pay-out, but the players will be informed of such today and advised by the board what they suspect their future is at EEP. Time will tell.

Gut feeling is that it is the former of those two. Won’t be back at EEP for a good while if that’s the case. Club is a complete and utter shambles. Never thought a club our size could ever manage to top Falkirk’s disasterclass but we are sure shit on our way to doing it.

We’ll get something from them today or tomorrow, I would suspect. The players have all to report to EEP today. I’d suspect they’ll be getting told what’s happening with them and the management for next season. Whether that means Hughes and working out something with the squad to offset who he doesn’t want OR Hughes has already been given his jotters and is negotiating a pay-out, but the players will be informed of such today and advised by the board what they suspect their future is at EEP. Time will tell.

Gut feeling is that it is the former of those two. Won’t be back at EEP for a good while if that’s the case. Club is a complete and utter shambles. Never thought a club our size could ever manage to top Falkirk’s disasterclass but we are sure shit on our way to doing it.

Yeah, the board seem more focused on self-preservation and doubling down on their mistakes, rather than accepting they’ve made mistakes. I think that’s what makes it so much more frustrating. They’re human, they’re going to make mistakes. They’re absolutely not going to get everything right.

But these guys are supposed to be intelligent and successful businessmen. Surely, to get to where they have, they’ve made mistakes and had to rectify them? Surely they’ve hired the wrong man for the job in their own businesses and had to offload them and re-recruit for that role? I certainly doubt they hold out for ages, hoping that by some miracle these staff, that don’t look up to the job, suddenly become competent.

Fully expect them to stick with Hughes and opt to slag off the fans again. Then, within weeks, they’ll ask us to buy season tickets at championship prices, contribute to the lifeline (which will now be more important than ever - again) and buy new kit/leisurewear from the shop. They might even remind us that they keep a ‘donation’ option open when renewing season tickets/buying match tickets, in case you don’t feel like you’re giving them enough money.

If they keep Hughes on then they'd better massively adjust their budget downwards, as they'll struggle to shift 1000 season tickets, not to mention the reduction in walk ups, the reduction in lifeline funds, the reduction in merchandise and the reduction in prize money for when we finish well below the top places.

Edited by DA Baracus

If they keep Hughes on then they'd better massively adjust their budget downwards, as they'll struggle to shift 1000 season tickets, not to mention the reduction in walk ups, the reduction in lifeline funds, the reduction in merchandise and the reduction in prize money for when we finish well below the top places.
And factor in they'll inevitably be paying up his contract in October/November anyway.