Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Could get some really top quality loans in as big clubs (hard to imagine clubs more massive than ours, I know) will see the progression of this year’s loans and the development of Todd, McCann etc

Edited by Shandon Par

Season ticket prices released (as had already been announced on here earlier) with the tagline “Dreams Stay with You.” 

Nice bit of graphic design to promote it, a sincere letter to the fans from McPake and a significant improvement from the web design perspective. Most importantly, students and ‘young adults’ (couldn’t see any specifics) are still £99. £50 for U18s. It’s hard not to get excited at the direction we’re going in under David Cook. 

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

Season ticket prices released (as had already been announced on here earlier) with the tagline “Dreams Stay with You.” 

Nice bit of graphic design to promote it, a sincere letter to the fans from McPake and a significant improvement from the web design perspective. Most importantly, students and ‘young adults’ (couldn’t see any specifics) are still £99. £50 for U18s. It’s hard not to get excited at the direction we’re going in under David Cook. 

Also good release time, the last home games done, there's a feel good factor around the team and it's the start of the month so people have hopefully been paid, I like it. 

How hot is that fucking graphic btw? Sad to see that the finance option has gone, I hope that doesn’t put people off as it’s a big chunk of cash in one go, especially for a full price adult and the absolute bollocks state of the world, cost of living etc. I personally used that option last season but had been putting away each month for next season but I’m sure others would have been planning to use it again. Suppose the club have said they’re looking at an alternative supplier. 

15 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surprised he didn't get called out individually if he was at the game.

Aye I thought that too, expected him to get the call when it came to number 15 and they were also announcing his new two year deal at the same time 🤣. He came out when the introduced all the members of the back room staff. 

At the end of last season I wanted Mehmet, Todd, Chalmers, McCann, O'Hara, Todorov, Allan and Breen all punted (along with others, but I mention these guys because they're current players).

I also thought McPake was a really poor appointment.

In conclusion, I'm a fucking slaver.

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

At the end of last season I wanted Mehmet, Todd, Chalmers, McCann, O'Hara, Todorov, Allan and Breen all punted (along with others, but I mention these guys because they're current players).

Top 30 Fawlty Towers GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

As your man from Footy Adventures notes in his video from yesterday (see below), it was a year ago yesterday we lost to Queen of the South at East End to be consigned to the playoffs.

Some difference a year can make!

Still don't get why the trophy was presented with the empty Cowden end in the background. Bizarre.

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Still don't get why the trophy was presented with the empty Cowden end in the background. Bizarre.

Because almost all the fans were in a U shape from just past half way go just past half way and putting it there meant everyone could see presumably. Much better than what I thought they'd do, which is have it facing the main stand whereby a lot of folk in the North stand in particular wouldn't have seen anything. 

Really surprised that you lads would be willing to pay a decent wee whack in compensation for Sam Fisher. He looks decent but at 22 come the summer, is he worth paying a fee for? No idea what the figure would be admittedly but even still.

If McPake sticks to his roots and goes down the signing his pals route, then Cammy Kerr wouldn't be a shock.

21 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Might be an old man here (31) but anyone else think the pitch invasion was annoying as f**k? I’d sooner have had the players and their families do another proper lap of honour. Just felt what should have been a good moment was lost.

I have to agree, felt like the players should have gone round the NE then the main stand and the Norrie before a bit of a party again in front of the NW.

I sit in the NW so obviously the players flock here every game but feel it must be a bit annoying for the main stand who pretty much get ignored in the celebrations, maybe I'm wrong and they don't mind but still would have been a nice moment.

Edited by 101

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really surprised that you lads would be willing to pay a decent wee whack in compensation for Sam Fisher. He looks decent but at 22 come the summer, is he worth paying a fee for? No idea what the figure would be admittedly but even still.

If McPake sticks to his roots and goes down the signing his pals route, then Cammy Kerr wouldn't be a shock.

We might have some serious cash if Nisbet finally moves somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We might have some serious cash if Nisbet finally moves somewhere. 

My point was more, if you have money to spend, surely there's better ways to spend your money? 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you are entitled to a lot of comp given how long he has been in your youth system but that only kicks in if you offer a new deal.  Even if you do there’s room for negotiation, it really depends how desperate you are to keep him, which as far as I can see baring the recall and handful of games is not that much.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I have to agree, felt like the players should have gone round the NE then the main stand and the Norrie before a bit of a party again in front of the NW.

I sit in the NW so obviously the players flock here every game but feel it must be a bit annoying off the main stand who pretty much get ignored in the celebrations, maybe I'm wrong and they don't mind but still would have been a nice moment.

Main stand loyal and I don’t mind in the slightest, the connection between the players and section NW is special and I enjoy watching it from afar, I’m not particularly bothered by a player celebrating near me and I think if I was I’d sit elsewhere.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Me and @Stellaboz left before the pitch invasion. Didn't even realised it had happened until later in the pub when some mates were showing us photos they got on the pitch!

Same here,  was nice to see the players get there medals and the trophy lift, but after a minute or so of watching the players celebrating on the podium many left,  different people want different things I guess.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I know you are entitled to a lot of comp given how long he has been in your youth system but that only kicks in if you offer a new deal.  Even if you do there’s room for negotiation, it really depends how desperate you are to keep him, which as far as I can see baring the recall and handful of games is not that much.

All we need to do is give him a token offer on the exact same money he's on now for us to be entitled to compensation. It'd be madness for us not to do that.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

You and me both then pal. 

I was happy to keep Todd as I think he looked good at right back, but I was scunnered when McPake he was moving him back to centre mid. 

I was absolutely scunnered when we appointed McPake aswell, I thought it was an awful appointment. 

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I agree tbf. If we can get him for free I'd be happy, but I don't think he's worth shelling out for. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Me and @Stellaboz left before the pitch invasion. Didn't even realised it had happened until later in the pub when some mates were showing us photos they got on the pitch!

Same, I just watched the trophy lift then went to the pub, was baffled when I seen the fots.