Walking Down The Halbeath Road

O’hara, todorov and McDonald will all be away I think. I’d keep todorov and McDonald personally but reckon they’ll both want more first team action, McDonald is a good versatile player and can beat a man no problem. On the loan players, I’d only really keep KRH and otoo but if we can’t get them, they’ll be others out there. Genuinely believe if we get the right signings in there’s no reason why we can’t challenge next season 

2 hours ago, parsboi said:

Suspect you’re right about Mehmet, but if what I have heard about a replacement is right, then we’ll be fine.

Interesting, we have recruited perhaps the most annoying wee time waster of a keeper so I hope we're on the lookout for a keeper too (I'm certainly looking!)

I see Sneddon is out of contract, always thought he was pretty decent. Frustratingly rather good at headers too. Dabrowski also out of contract at Hibs. I'd take either of them at Cove.

Anyway good luck finding a replacement and congrats on the league title. Impressive bounce back.

Was at Peterhead a few weeks back and although the first half was even the second half was clinical from the Pars.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

22 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Interesting, we have recruited perhaps the most annoying wee time waster of a keeper so I hope we're on the lookout for a keeper too (I'm certainly looking!)

I see Sneddon is out of contract, always thought he was pretty decent. Frustratingly rather good at headers too. Dabrowski also out of contract at Hibs. I'd take either of them at Cove.

Anyway good luck finding a replacement and congrats on the league title. Impressive bounce back.

Was at Peterhead a few weeks back and although the first half was even the second half was clinical from the Pars.

Sneddon would be some coup so anyone to get him. 

After we won the league, McPake was interviewed by PLZ and he agreed that we needed to strengthen our forwards area for the step up to the Championship.

Obviously, he sees Wighton as our best striking option out of our current group and with McCann under contract for another year, I don't think that bodes well for either O'Hara or Todorov. For me, O'Hara doesn't score enough and even though I like Todorov, McPake hasn't started him in many games this season.

It would be nice to see Mehmet signing a new deal, however his stock is as high as it might ever be, so I wouldn't be surprised if he left for money. 

I think McPake will keep Comrie and release MacDonald, as I don't think he's good enough for the Championship and would like to see a new right back coming in and challenging Comrie for that position.

Of those who are on loan, trying to sign KRH on a permanent basis must be a priority if we can afford it. He's turning 21 in September and I can't see Rangers keeping him on. For KRH, of course I am sure he will have other options but he's at a club where he is loved by the fans and has his best years ahead of him.

I would also like to see us sign Sam Fisher on a permanent basis, he was really impressive during his loan spell. The only other loan player I would keep would be Otoo. His contract with Celtic runs for another year but I like the fact he's versatile and is a physical specimen. Yes, he looks raw at times but he has huge potential.

I wouldn't attempt to re-sign Mahon, Mochrie or McGowan (in a playing capacity).

21 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

One of the reasons I like Mehmet is his ability to be an annoying wee time waster,  but he does it subtly enough to not get time added on.

He's also prone to the occasional massive blunder, he's got away with things this season though. 

Partick away in the cup he inexplicably let's slip an easy ball and the lad hits it wide. Being closed down on Saturday while 1-1 was also madness and I'm certain there's been a few more. However, he'd had a great season so can't complain too harshly.

Wouldn’t be too bothered if Comrie moved on. He’s regressed since he first joined us, and for mehmet I wouldn’t be too fussy either if the rumours are true if he’s on a fair whack. We’ll be fine either way 

McGowan will get a deal I'd imagine. Would be fine with Todorov, Mcdonald and Comrie getting new deals but wouldn't be arsed if any of them went on. Ohara will leave I'd imagine and think Mehmet will too.

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Wouldn’t be too bothered if Comrie moved on. He’s regressed since he first joined us, and for mehmet I wouldn’t be too fussy either if the rumours are true if he’s on a fair whack. We’ll be fine either way 

Would't say he's regressed, if anything I'd say he's became a better defender, having Bene next to him has been great. He had to slot in at centre half last season under PG and it didn't work, however when he's done it this season he's been absolutely fine.

Part of the defence that's held 23 clean sheets this season, defending better, still getting forward, popping up with the occasional goal, can't really see where the regression is coming from?

13 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would't say he's regressed, if anything I'd say he's became a better defender, having Bene next to him has been great. He had to slot in at centre half last season under PG and it didn't work, however when he's done it this season he's been absolutely fine.

Part of the defence that's held 23 clean sheets this season, defending better, still getting forward, popping up with the occasional goal, can't really see where the regression is coming from?

Just from when he signed and I thought he was brilliant, I just think he’s not as good as he was back then. Just my opinion of course but could be better options out there. 

I’d keep Mahon ahead of Mochrie and McGowan. Wouldn’t be disappointed to see Mochrie return right enough. Think we can do better than McGowan. 

I don’t see McGowan as a good signing in the championship.   Mahon and mochrie could offer something, but like the debate for our in contract players of o’hara and Todorov it’s an area of the pitch you really want to bring in a proven player not already on the wane, which means at least one can’t come back

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t see McGowan as a good signing in the championship.   Mahon and mochrie could offer something, but like the debate for our in contract players of o’hara and Todorov it’s an area of the pitch you really want to bring in a proven player not already on the wane, which means at least one can’t come back

How's Mochrie been for you guys? I wasn't hugely impressed seeing him play on Saturday tbh. I'm not sure he'll make it at United, but you guys will maybe know better than me.

I’d say that Saturday’s performance and generally the later part of the season have been rather meh.  Early Season I really liked him but both parts are reduced with his final ball.  He’s a really good ball carrier but his assist and goal count don’t match that which is an issue.   Also talk of his defensive work not being up to scratch which has improved but still not fantastic.

In terms of ball carriers KRH and Todd have completely overtaken him and they have better attributes in other parts of the game too.   For me he’s a sub at best in the championship, he may well develop enough to make himself a regular starter at that level over the majority of his career, which is clearly not enough for United to accept.

I like McDonald. 

He only got patched from the team on the right side because KRH came onto a game. He was brilliant for a spell there...at beating his man anyway but the final ball was lacking. If we can keep him, we should. 

Would love KRH but once the dust has settled I think he will be moving on elsewhere if he doesn't stay at Rangers. 

I’d be very excited if our starting 11 looked something like this

mehmet 

Fisher Bene Murray

KRH Hamilton chalmers edwards    
   Todd.    New ATM

Wighton/ new ST

breen, comrie, McCann, Todorov as highly used squad players.  Little takes the reserve keeper.  Leave about 4 spots up for grabs in the squad, bryne would be a great one as a CM option, a young loanie winger which Mahon or mochrie could take. Not sure on the other 2 but guys that can play multiple positions would probably be the aim

25 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

How's Mochrie been for you guys? I wasn't hugely impressed seeing him play on Saturday tbh. I'm not sure he'll make it at United, but you guys will maybe know better than me.

Mixed bag. From the season starting to December I couldn't think of us playing without him, he was the guy that always looked like he was going to create. Early 2023 he was in and out, sometimes just from the bench, got binned at HT against Clyde, only got a minute from the bench the next week and then binned at HT away to Airdrie the following week. He's been in and out the starting 11 but certainly featured a lot less this side of Christmas. He did start our crunch game Vs Falkirk in March and very nearly opened the scoring on HT but was subbed only 10 mins into second half.

There's 100% a player in there. One thing I'l say is he always wants the ball, will carry it well. However, his light shined a little less as the season went on and guys like Matty Todd, KRH, Chalmers, Hamilton, McCann all really kicked on, goals, assists and general more influential performances.

Say Dundee Utd stay in the Prem and we were offered him again for another season I think I would take him, because he's only going to improve. However, if you're asking is he ready to feature for Utd in the Prem next season I'd say no. If you guys were to go down then I wouldn't be surprised to see him used regularly.