Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Passionate said:

Why did you let Todorov go, looks like you are struggling a little to replace him,  were Wighton and him too similar,   or McPake not keen on him etc..

I’m struggling to see any similarities between him and Wighton. So they’re definitely not too similar. He barely started and only played 35% of our league minutes, despite no injuries or suspensions last season. He also got very limited minutes the season before, but will have been one of our higher earners.

Personally, I think he’d have offered something. He’s a good player.

As for struggling to replace him, that remains to be seen. We need to sign a number of new players and prioritised bringing back those that were here on loan last season. Still plenty of time to make other signings.

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Why did you let Todorov go, looks like you are struggling a little to replace him,  were Wighton and him too similar,   or McPake not keen on him etc..

Lewis McCann can do everything Todorov and O’Hara could do and more. A 20 goal a season striker is what they’ve said they want (hence it taking ages). Still think Todorov is a cracking player though. Like his old school approach to roughing up defenders. 

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

Quite simply, we need better in the championship. Plenty of time to get a replacement in, still 4 weeks til the league starts 

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The ones that include embarrassing Falkirk to romp League 1 first tike of asking?

I didn't say it was the the wrong thing to do.  I'm saying his transfer windows are boring. No need to be defensive.

9 hours ago, Passionate said:

Not remotely the same as said above. Todorov can't trap a bag on cement and was never going to get a start. It was the right thing to do. I'm confident we will find somebody much better than Todorov by the time the season starts.

We’ll have replacements in place by the end of the window. It’s shite, but at the end of the day, every other club is the same as us: working to tight budgets and mainly signing players that are out of contract. Players are holding out for the best deal. In the case of Todorov, McPake obviously believes his wage can be utilised more effectively. We have Wighton and McCann who should be the ying and yang of our striking options. The wage Todorov was on could perhaps get another striker deemed more useful in Championship for the way we play. O’Hara is the exact same. We could probably get a more useful wide attacking option with his wage and have the 3 strikers as enough. 

It wouldn't surprise me if O'Hara and Todorov were on very decent championship wages. We got O'Hara after a storming season with Alloa, and we signed Todorov under the noses of Ayr who you'd imaged had outbid Inverness... 

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

We've just announced O'Halloran 

Hope you get more out of him than we did. 10 games, 0 goals and assists.

Completely flattered to deceive but granted was playing in a woeful, low confidence Hartley side. 

Has pace but didn't show much creativity. Clearly got a legacy of playing higher up. Rekindle his form when at St Johnstone in the double winning year and he'll be an asset.

I’m happy with O’Halloran. McPake seems to demand a lot from his players, I have absolutely no evidence for this but he seems to have been training with us for weeks so I wouldn’t be surprised if McPake was really making him prove himself and earn a contract. 

I really liked him years ago, he was an electric player to watch. However I haven't seen him recently at all though and by all accounts he done poor at Cove. 

If nothing else he fills a requirement in the squad in that we needed more pace, and as backup to KRH he should be OK. 

Pretty sure he was subbed for being absolutely shite before half time when we thumped Cove 6-1 last season. 

Which of course means he’ll score on his return to Kirkcaldy next week….

Edited by Wardy

Issues as normal with ParsTV, I haven’t bought a stream in a long time but someone on .net complaining with an audio issue just got the reply,

why are you saying at 20 past 3 you can`t hear anything ? is that factually correct.”

I can’t believe that was a reply to someone having issues