Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Weird that McGowan hasn’t been signed given how bare the bench was today. Said it yesterday but it must be that he’s expecting more money. He was probably on a very healthy wage at Dundee, he’s just not going to get that with us in the Championship but I think he’ll struggle to do better. I mean Dundee Utd won’t sign him, I can’t see Thistle/Inverness/QP signing him.

If we don't sign him reckon he'll end up at Airdrie (is there a more 'classic Airdire' player than McGowan at the moment?!).

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I think this will be his big season, a bit like Matty Todd did last year, I think McCann will be getting talked about all season. He looks a nightmare to play against, very physical, quick and does score goals. You’re right, he does seem to score the 20-30 yarders but miss the tap ins though! 🤣

Haha aye, he might well score more screamers than tap ins! Hopefully he'll kick on this season and be a big player for us.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Think he thrives in that left wing/forward role. Not got the pressure of being focal point up front. He’s also at his best with the ball at his feet, running at defenders. When he’s through the middle, the ball just gets punted towards him. Clearly got a lot of talent and physically he is fantastic. He’s tall, strong and quick. He hit great form towards the end of the season and seems to be continuing that. Really hope he can kick on and be a great player for us.

Aye good summary there. McPake seems to have found his best position.

36 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Weird that McGowan hasn’t been signed given how bare the bench was today. Said it yesterday but it must be that he’s expecting more money. He was probably on a very healthy wage at Dundee, he’s just not going to get that with us in the Championship but I think he’ll struggle to do better. I mean Dundee Utd won’t sign him, I can’t see Thistle/Inverness/QP signing him.

I do think there is a bit of wages to talk about.  He’s used to being one of the biggest earners at this level and is going to need to wrap his head around the difference between that and what generic squad player gets. 

The relationship between him and mcpake is very strong and he has clearly enjoyed his spell here so it’s clearly a point of terms,  I thought we would reach the shit or get off the pot point entering the league cup games but it’s possible his situation continues until the league start.  

57 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Thought Raith were a very odd team. Constantly tripping/kicking/pulling back our players. Then Vaughan and Easton were diving all over the place. Slightest contact, they were screaming and rolling around, I couldn’t believe the ref bought all of that. Easton should have been off for 2 yellows, after at least 4 really obvious yellow card offences. But then we had a few obvious yellows that were also let go. Ref was alright on the whole and seemed to be trying to let the game flow, which is fine with me.

download(5).jpeg.cd0c43ef04c8be7b56480650f6b6c504.jpeg

Surprised nobody has mentioned Chalmers. I thought he was poor, looked like he did first season he joined. Hope it’s just pre-season mode and he’ll shake it off. 

Otoo put a shift in, just need to figure out his best position. 

2 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Chalmers. I thought he was poor, looked like he did first season he joined. Hope it’s just pre-season mode and he’ll shake it off. 

Otoo put a shift in, just need to figure out his best position. 

I wasn’t there yesterday, just watched on telly. Thought everyone did okay, but yes Chalmers gave the ball away a lot. What I will say, and I said it last year was he looks for the ball a lot, he dictates and starts a lot of play, therefore he’s going to see a lot of the ball, so he won’t always get it right. Sometimes he’ll try and Nick the ball to someone and it was too short and they got it. That pitch looks sh*te, all of our passes were either too long or short, the ball runs away too fast on the artificial. But yeah, he gave the ball away but I think it was just him settling back into competitive games. I think he’ll take a lot of confidence from last season and fair far better in the Championship this time.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

That pitch looks sh*te,

I thought the same, it didn't look like it had been brushed pre-match which seemed basic. The deluge just before kick off will have made it really slick as well.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I thought the same, it didn't look like it had been brushed pre-match which seemed basic. The deluge just before kick off will have made it really slick as well.

Aye weather probably played part. Just looked like the ball ran away unnaturally a lot for both teams. I know it has its benefits for the community etc but I hope we don’t go down the plastic pitch route again, can’t beat grass. 

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

Aye weather probably played part. Just looked like the ball ran away unnaturally a lot for both teams. I know it has its benefits for the community etc but I hope we don’t go down the plastic pitch route again, can’t beat grass. 

I would hope in 2065 the plastic pitch at Rosyth will be a good facility for the community ;)

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

No way of buying this top is there?

Would make too much money for the club I guess. 

Screenshot_20230716_214842_YouTube.jpg

There’s a 1/4 zip in the same style. I think it might be exclusively for the squad. There was what would be deemed an anthem/walk out jacket we wore against StPauli. Not sure if that was exclusively for that night but it was really cool!

10 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

No way of buying this top is there?

Would make too much money for the club I guess. 

Screenshot_20230716_214842_YouTube.jpg

Definitely a cracking top. Much better than the referee tops we’re the team wear for warmups.

Was hoping Errea would have a wider range of leisurewear available for fans to buy, but so far it seems to be the same kind of thing as Joma. Still time though.

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Euan Murray leaves Hartlepool. Wonder if he’s on his way back to Fife, either ourselves or Raith. 

Rumoured to be us apparently terms and everything has been agreed and we were just waiting on Hartlepool letting him go