Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Rumoured to be us apparently terms and everything has been agreed and we were just waiting on Hartlepool letting him go 

Ah fair doos. I know we were interested in a loan back in Jan, was all but done then Hartlepool changed their mind. Rumour was he was going to join permanently in the summer if we'd went up, but sounds like we turned attention elsewhere with the permanent signings of Fisher and Otoo. Personally I'd have him if we could, purely for that experience if Bene was ever missing.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Ah fair doos. I know we were interested in a loan back in Jan, was all but done then Hartlepool changed their mind. Rumour was he was going to join permanently in the summer if we'd went up, but sounds like we turned attention elsewhere with the permanent signings of Fisher and Otoo. Personally I'd have him if we could, purely for that experience if Bene was ever missing.

Now he’s been linked with St Johnstone according to their fans so if he’s got a premiership offer then he’ll go their 

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Aiden McGeady talking himself up in The Guardian wages dependant I would be happy to see him come in.

Fucking no chance. He is absolutely finished at any decent level and is constantly crocked. Cost an absolute bomb too. What a strange shout tbh. 

Euan Murray is away to Raith I’ve heard. We’re sorted for centre halves anyway. We need three more players as a minimum before the season starts and I’d say, not counting Gowser (who will likely sign), we need an attacker and a couple midfield players. Possibly a loan for wing back cover too. McPake will get it sorted, but it is going to take time, and our fans need to get a grip and be patient. 

Can’t see us signing Murray. We were interested when we lost Fisher, before we brought in Otoo. Now both are here permanently, I can’t see a space for him in the squad. In terms of left sided defenders, we have Breen here for the next 2 years and Otoo for the next 3. Breen is currently a better defender than Murray and I think Otoo has the potential to be better than Breen in time.

Experienced defender, who is more than good enough for a top half team in this league though, sure he’ll do a job for Rovers. Maybe he’ll go to Queens Park though, for Dom Thomas’ corners?

4 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Only 70 seats left in the north west for next season, what an effort 

Daft question but is that all seats for the NW made available for season tickets? Will they save some for walk up tickets? 

Fisher isn’t getting enough credit for Saturday IMO. He played with a lot of maturity and composure, he reads the game so well for a young guy. 

Just now, smpar said:

Daft question but is that all seats for the NW made available for season tickets? Will they save some for walk up tickets? 

Club have never mentioned if some will be saved for walk up but I'd assume all tickets in the stand were made available to buy STs.

Just now, VinnyPar said:

Club have never mentioned if some will be saved for walk up but I'd assume all tickets in the stand were made available to buy STs.

I’d be a bit gutted if that was the case tbh. Can’t say it’s not fair that if the demand is there then why not shift the lot for STs but selfishly, I’d rather some were saved for walk ups as it doesn’t make sense for me to get a ST but I want to get in the NW when I go to home games. 

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Fisher isn’t getting enough credit for Saturday IMO. He played with a lot of maturity and composure, he reads the game so well for a young guy. 

Said the same towards the end of the game. The fourth or fifth time he's in exactly the right place at the right time, you know it's not a coincidence. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We need three more players as a minimum before the season starts and I’d say, not counting Gowser (who will likely sign), we need an attacker and a couple midfield players. Possibly a loan for wing back cover too. McPake will get it sorted, but it is going to take time, and our fans need to get a grip and be patient. 

In fairness, I don’t think I’ve seen/heard many folk panicking about signings yet? Obviously we’d all prefer signings to be made by now, but most people I speak to/pay attention to understand that it’s not that easy.

I think we’ll most likely have 2/3 more players in by the time the league campaign kicks off. With the potential of a few loans after that too.