Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

It's a weird one with McGowan. On one hand I think he done quite well in pre-season, and probably merited a deal. Yet, the board not signing it off maybe because they think we could do something better for the club is pleasing to hear. I'd personally give Gowser the deal, I think he'd feature, can take control of games and dictate play a bit, he's streetwise and probably has a knack of winning fouls when trying to kill a game off. We've quite a young squad, that kinda thing will be welcome in the Championship.

Cmon Friday, give us three wins, a Wotherspoon signing, a McGowan signing and a positive Matty Todd injury update.

I think his experience would add a lot to the midfield this season. There’s times we could probably do with an experienced head in the middle of the park.

Hamilton will pick up suspensions/knocks - or need subbed off to avoid a second yellow. There will also be dips in form for Hamilton and Chalmers and I’m not sure we can rely on Paul Allan to be the only cover - which will be the case if we have a defender out at the same time, meaning Otoo has to play there.

If we add Wotherspoon, we’re probably only a striker short of our full attacking options - although, it won’t feel like it if Todd and KRH are both out. I think it would leave us with a good mix of youth and experience, particularly in those wider roles of the front 3.

We’re still very light in the middle of the park. Not convinced about Allan at all (although I’ve said the same about McCann and Todd in the past year), McGowan was never top of my wish list but he could add the experience we’re missing at the moment. Is John Herron still kicking a baw?

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

Is John Herron still kicking a baw?

Last I heard of him, he was sacked by Larne (or someone like that) for wearing a top with pro-IRA nonsense. Keep guys like that well away from East End.

Joking aside I forgot about that. Thought he was one of these ones that didn’t really manage to make a career out of it but it looks like he’s playing in Gibraltar. 

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Seems like it was like Wenger's Arsenal when they'd only ever offer one year extensions to over 30s even though they could and did keep going until 4 or 5 years after that. 

Two players who would have been shit hot under McPake IMO. 

1 minute ago, Coypars said:

Hearts have got Matty Todd on their radar according to a Hearts fan,Callum Smiths brother Connor is with Hearts and could be on loan to us.

Any club with one full brain between them will be keeping an eye on Matty.

I take it as read that thats the case for all clubs, worldwide.