Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I bumped into a boy I had not met for years when I was walking out today. He was positive about a handful of players then said ''Chalmers need punted though''.  I genuinely can't see how somebody can think that after today. Some folk just don't forgive.

A lot of our fans are thick as mince tbf.

Wighton is probably the latest scapegoat, although he has had a very slow start to the new season if I’m being polite. Hopefully will grab a goal at Tannadice and can push forward from there.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

21 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A lot of our fans are thick as mince tbf.

Wighton is probably the latest scapegoat, although he has had a very slow start to the new season if I’m being polite. Hopefully will grab a goal at Tannadice and can push forward from there.

There were folk crying that he "wasn't trying" and "didn't care" during the pre-season friendlies. 

Just disgracefully thick morons.

Another thing I seen today that was just class. Approaching half time loads of kids lined up at the front of the Norrie, all hoping to catch a closer look or even a high five from the players.

With about 10-15 to go in the second half the same thing happened again, there must’ve been easily 50 of them. The thing that pleased me the most, and it might be daft, but there were kids with a variety of players names and numbers on the back - Benedictus 4, Richie-Hosler 7, Chalmers 8, Todd 10 etc. I feel like that hasn’t been a thing for a long time. It just goes to show the impact in the community we’re having and it’s truly fu*king wonderful to see! 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Aye, there definitely looks like there is a lot of good things being done in terms of inclusivity since Cook came in. Noticed that there is a new kids play area, including a couple of PS5s, in the concourse area of the Norrie. Think that’ll be a cold one for the weans come November mind you! 

Edited by DAFC.

The kids play area looks a great addition,  It could maybe be improved if there was space to offer more active activities, especially for as mentioned when it gets a bit colder thinking if a similar sized area with the painted on pitch could be barriered and those mini nets added so they can have a 2/3 aside games, a kick in net with an attached ball which maybe tracks ball speed in some loose manor, tek-ball table etc.  I'm being ambitious and there's only so much money and space available. But anything that's going to encourage kids along to east end on a regular basis has to be a good thing. 

Edited by parsforlife

14 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Another thing I seen today that was just class. Approaching half time loads of kids lined up at the front of the Norrie, all hoping to catch a closer look or even a high five from the players.

With about 10-15 to go in the second half the same thing happened again, there must’ve been easily 50 of them. The thing that pleased me the most, and it might be daft, but there were kids with a variety of players names and numbers on the back - Benedictus 4, Richie-Hosler 7, Chalmers 8, Todd 10 etc. I feel like that hasn’t been a thing for a long time. It just goes to show the impact in the community we’re having and it’s truly fu*king wonderful to see! 

Also shows the benefit of offering cheaper tickets to younger fans; get them excited about coming to EEP and you can keep them hooked for life!

Almost 5,000 at the game yesterday as well. I remember getting less than half of that during our last SPL season.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Aye, there definitely looks like there is a lot of good things being done in terms of inclusivity since Cook came in. Noticed that there is a new kids play area, including a couple of PS5s, in the concord area of the Norrie. Think that’ll be a cold one for the weans come November mind you! 

image.jpeg.5f9b2a3a502834ee571f1108e280e66e.jpegNever noticed the concord in the Norrie before....

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Paul Allan to do a Matty Todd this season?

I was thinking about the potential for this earlier today hahaha.

In all seriousness, hope that goal does loads for his confidence.

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Paul Allan to do a Matty Todd this season?

I don’t think he will reach the levels Matty did, he’s not as athletic as Matty which played a big part, but I do think he’ll feature a lot. McPake seems to like him and walking on and pinging one into the top corner won’t harm his case at all. 

He did well for the goal but his tracky backy looked a bit lazy for someone who’d just came on the park. Suppose he was playing a bit higher up in place of Andy Tod. Still, he showed some lovely little touches and bits of play on the left with Edwards. If the ball has dropped just a half second more he could have had a second as he was about to go for the volley until the Airdrie boy nipped in.

McPake’s post match comments pointed towards Otoo getting played in the middle of the park more often. Said he should have scored and they’re on his case about scoring more goals, could make a proper box to box midfielder. If that was the case I could see Allan still being 4th choice behind Hammy, Chalmers and Otoo but if we’ve learnt anything so far it’s that the squad will be used.

In other news, sounds like the Wotherspoon deal isn’t completely over but some stallings over the players side of the deal. Just a Twitter rumbling but could be true.

If we go to Tannadice with the same squad minus Rhys Breen then we’ll struggle for the full 90. Dundee Utd have a big squad, we will be able to compete, hopefully keep it tight at the back but tired kegs with only Little, Sutherland, Hoggan, Allan, Fenton will be tricky.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The kids play area looks a great addition,  It could maybe be improved if there was space to offer more active activities, especially for as mentioned when it gets a bit colder thinking if a similar sized area with the painted on pitch could be barriered and those mini nets added so they can have a 2/3 aside games, a kick in net with an attached ball which maybe tracks ball speed in some loose manor, tek-ball table etc.  I'm being ambitious and there's only so much money and space available. But anything that's going to encourage kids along to east end on a regular basis has to be a good thing. 

Probably the best thing the PST have spent cash on in a good while.

Some limitations with what can go in there for health and safety reasons so I don't think too much more can go into there, something to make it warmer would be good!