Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

When did we get to four points in the relegation season, maybe after the clocks went back? 

We reached four points in 21/22 after a 1-all draw at Starks at the end of Sep.

If we beat Rovers on 26th Aug, we will have as many points after 3 games as we did after 13 that season.

23 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If we beat Rovers on 26th Aug, we will have as many points after 3 games as we did after 13 that season.

Haha yup, our 7th league game.

Abysmal season.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can I borrow the Neuralyzer from Men In Black and erase that season from memory? 

Early days obviously but this management team/squad is such a far cry from that season. I gave every player kept on a free pass last summer after dealing with Grant/Hughes for a year. Mehmet, Comrie, Edwards, Chalmers especially all look like completely different players now. Especially Chalmers who once again had another great game yesterday.

Mention for Otoo who was excellent as well, really think we've lucked out on getting him on a permanent deal, can see him playing at a much higher level if his anticipation and heading can develop over the season. 

Positive to have good things to say about the pars after the misery of a couple years ago, long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Looking back over our results from that season I think I must have repressed memories because I don’t remember some of those games whatsoever.

Lucky you! Nah, I think a lot of those kind of blend into one in my memories, cause we watched the same nonsense week after week.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Lucky you! Nah, I think a lot of those kind of blend into one in my memories, cause we watched the same nonsense week after week.

I think I missed a couple of matches tbf because I have literally *zero* memory of Arbroath winning 3-0 at EEP.

Just watched the highlights there and didn't go to the game. Otoo is a bit bombscare like at time at the back from what I've seen of him playing there. Hopefully it improves with experience but midfield looks a better fit for him. Still handy obviously having him able to play at the back

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Dunfermline being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414736417?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

Edited by Hank Scorpio

35 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Just watched the highlights there and didn't go to the game. Otoo is a bit bombscare like at time at the back from what I've seen of him playing there. Hopefully it improves with experience but midfield looks a better fit for him. Still handy obviously having him able to play at the back

Where are the highlights up? Cannae find them 

5 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

Aye the Nouble show. That whole season nearly finished me. 

I mind sitting in a hotel room in Moldova when Hughes was announced as manager. I've literally never felt that level of disbelief before or since and I'm getting waves just thinking about it.