Walking Down The Halbeath Road

31 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Injury situation this season has been a total nightmare.

Mehmet, Bene, Todd, KRH and Wighton  all being missing at the same time is absolute worst case scenario. That’s the entire spine of the squad ripped out.

Guys who played the reserve game vs Dundee (Fenton, Sutherland, Tod, Little, Hoggan, Young, McLeod) should all be involved on Sat. We simply can’t afford to lose any more first team guys.

Breen out too. Nightmare scenario, the injury list couldn’t really be much worse right now. Everyone that’s out injured were among our most solid/consistent players last season.

We have to use this opportunity to give youngsters/fringe players game time.

Also worth pointing out Sharp is cup-tied, Fisher is suspended and Summers is on international duty. So our unavailable list is:

Mehmet, Fisher, Benedictus, Breen, KRH, Todd, Summers, Wighton, Sharp…

Is forfeiting not an option?

Edited by CallumPar

Late to the party but that injury update on the official site is soul destroying.

New injuries confirmed in that post alone

- Bene, Wighton, Richie-Hosler (again) & Breen

Long term injuries - Deniz, Matty Todd

Unavailable for the weekend - Sharp, Summers, Fisher

What the utter f**k is going on? 

One good thing from the separate manager interview is it sounds like there’s to be a signing before the game on Saturday - On the bright side 21 year-old Owen Moffat is eligible to play in this Saturday’s game.  Owen is currently the manager’s most recent acquisition but he is “hopeful to make another signing by Saturday.”

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Also worth pointing out Sharp is cup-tied, Fisher is suspended and Summers is on international duty. So our unavailable list is:

Mehmet, Fisher, Benedictus, Breen, KRH, Todd, Summers, Wighton, Sharp…

Is forfeiting not an option?

Probably end up with:

Little

Comrie

Otoo

Hamilton

Edwards

Chalmers

Allen

Tod

Moffat

O’Halloran

McCann

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Late to the party but that injury update on the official site is soul destroying.

New injuries confirmed in that post alone

- Bene, Wighton, Richie-Hosler (again) & Breen

Long term injuries - Deniz, Matty Todd

Unavailable for the weekend - Sharp, Summers, Fisher

What the utter f**k is going on? 

One good thing from the separate manager interview is it sounds like there’s to be a signing before the game on Saturday - On the bright side 21 year-old Owen Moffat is eligible to play in this Saturday’s game.  Owen is currently the manager’s most recent acquisition but he is “hopeful to make another signing by Saturday.”

I've heard that record before tbf although maybe now we're struggling to put a Power League side out there will at last be some movement. It's almost like injuries and suspensions are a big part of football and teams should have big enough squads to deal with things. It's all very well saying that we won't sign anyone who isn't already better than what we've got but a) every manager always says that and b) sometimes you need a few guys who can be squad players and come in when needed or offer something (even if it's just fresh legs) off the bench. 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Steven Mill right in saying it was between Stuart Kettlewell and John Hughes?! Are you fckn kidding me????

Where did he say this? He does a lot in and around the club, and we were an absolute shambles that season, so it’s believable. 

Scott Burns reporting on X that Jakubiak is a done deal. That’s probably the signing we were looking to get done by Saturday. 

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is Steven Mill right in saying it was between Stuart Kettlewell and John Hughes?! Are you fckn kidding me????

Where did he say this?

All rumours at the time but someone who was certainly ITK mentioned Kettlewell had been interested/interviewed when we got Peter Grant and Yogi.

I’m not defending the Yogi appointment, but at the time, he’d kept Ross County in the Premiership when it looked like they were doomed, and Kettlewell’s last gig was at Ross County where he was sacked with them adrift at the bottom of the Premiership. I can see why those making the decisions at the time might have thought Yogi would be the person to keep us up. I would be lying if I wasn’t fairly happy when he was announced, the first two weeks with two wins was incredible… then it went to sh*t. 😅

In other news, here comes the Jak!

Good that we’ve been able to sort a deal for Jakubiak. Hopefully he’s ready to start tomorrow and get some match sharpness - and doesn’t pick up an injury.

Hopefully we’ve told Wotherspoon to get stuffed. If he had any interest in signing, he’d have signed by now. Training with us, with a contract on the table, he’ll be well aware of our injury crisis and just can’t be bothered signing? He’s clearly wasting our time and just making the most of free facilities.

Courier now saying "set to sign" so I would imagine this'll be announced today.

If none of the players got injured last week and we were now signing Jakubiak I'd be pretty happy. But yesterdays' injuries and missing players news has taken the shine off a new signing.

Hopefully Wighton just miss tomorrow's game as he did say if it was a league game they'd be pushing him more, and he said they'll see where Kane is in terms of the Queens Park game. However Bene sounds like it could be a few weeks, and Breen needs a scan. Zero luck!

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

My memory is it was between Kettlewell and McPake for the current manager job, not to replace PG Tits. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Injuries a bit reminiscent of Raith last season. Training harder, rather than smarter? Sure the management will learn from it anyway. 

With all these injuries  yous are picking up must be the grass pitch that’s  causing them you need to change to Astro ASAP👍🙄

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Injuries a bit reminiscent of Raith last season. Training harder, rather than smarter? Sure the management will learn from it anyway. 

We got to a point where we had players who were injured still playing because there was no alternative. That's why Connolly has missed the start of the season.