Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not a clue, cant get Lowland League data 😂

Dane Murray seems the obvious one though.

And he's just coming off an injury, ideal! 

It's a 23 year old, I don't reckon he's from Scotland. How exciting! 

Riley Harbottle at Hibs. 23, centre back, and has been made available for loan. 

Played most of last season in League 2 and chipped in with 6 goals from defence. Should be a decent shout for our level. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Played most of last season in League 2 and chipped in with 6 goals from defence. Should be a decent shout for our level. 

He seems really popular aswell. 

I'm going with Kofi Balmer, 23 year old on loan to Port Vale, hasn't played much recently though. 

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That's Partick Thistle put in a bid now. 

Really good interview, in my opinion. Reassuring to hear about the conversations he’s had with the board and the fact they’re looking to accelerate deals for targets that had been discussed for next season, if possible.

I’d still prefer experience. But we need someone in immediately. If experience isn’t available right now and someone else is, who we believe is good enough, we have to compromise and bring in the guy that’s available.

One of Fagan Walcott’s only games for Dundee was against us in the Covid season. We won the game 3-1 but he looked a class act and strolled the game. Strong, quick and decent on the ball. It was also Timmy Abraham’s debut for us and at the time we didn’t realise quite how poor he’d turn out to be so there is that caveat.

However, I’m pretty sure he is incredibly injury prone…

Fagan-Walcott only played two games for us before getting injured, but he impressed in those two games for his play at CB despite being so young, when I reckon most would prefer experienced defenders. Pretty sure he's bulked up a bit too since recovering from his injury, so I think he'll be a strong addition to the Pars and hopefully plug up some of the neverending defensive option woes at EEP.

Be a laugh if you got Ashcroft on loan too, fast turning into an ex-Dee party.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Interesting to hear that this signing was lined up for the summer but the board approached McPake and wanted to accelerate a deal due to the injury situation.

Sounds like we do have transfer targets that are not only for upcoming windows but planned for beyond that.

Edited by Chubbychops

I would definitely have Ashcroft back as well as this boy. We definitely need another centre back.

Sounds as if he is a decent enough player. Probably get injured on Saturday no doubt.