Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Jobs with good salaries?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, in my case it was pretty good!  All in perspective I suppose though. I don't think clubs want to advertise how much their paying anyone in the public eye. 

Tbf I've seen plenty of high paying jobs (managerial etc) advertised as £ Competitive. Guess if you know your worth you'll know how much that is. Could also mean it's open to negotiation - a guy leaving a job on £100,000 a year might not move unless he gets more than that, but you might get a very able candidate who'll leave his £60 k Jon for £80 k etc. 

In a shock development there doesn't seem to be much on dotnet about this although I'm genuinely surprised there isn't more on Facebook and the likes. Don't recognise the name of the guy Tom but is Raymie on EEB the same Raymie on dotnet and occasional co-commentary duties for Pars TV? 

In my experience, people who have some information relating to concerns are better to share it, carefully in the first instance to allow the party in question to respond appropriately and then freely if/when the party in question fail to deliver. If rumours are shite, then the club should say why it's shite. If it puts the club in a difficult spot, good - it's on them to answer or take appropriate action.

Almost always, a well-run, well-managed business/club/whatever will be transparent and provide sufficient information to allay any fears. The club should do so here. If they don't, the rumours will continue and the pressure will increase. This is a good thing IMO.

Transparency is rarely a bad thing. 

23 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Tbf I've seen plenty of high paying jobs (managerial etc) advertised as £ Competitive. Guess if you know your worth you'll know how much that is. Could also mean it's open to negotiation - a guy leaving a job on £100,000 a year might not move unless he gets more than that, but you might get a very able candidate who'll leave his £60 k Jon for £80 k etc. 

In a shock development there doesn't seem to be much on dotnet about this although I'm genuinely surprised there isn't more on Facebook and the likes. Don't recognise the name of the guy Tom but is Raymie on EEB the same Raymie on dotnet and occasional co-commentary duties for Pars TV? 

Yes, same guy.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No sure its the same bloke. 

No be easy replacing Gregg. Local boy and a good lad. Suppose it depends if they can get a young coach whose just done his badges and is looking for first job. Doubt we will be able to pay loads 

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Genuine question here. The role Greg Shields had… has the title been lost in translation somewhere?

“Head of Professional” - it just feels like there’s a word missing at the end. But it’s been used so often that it doesn’t seem like it’s just been missed in the article. The job title just makes no sense and you’d think someone would have tried to fix this? It’s just weird.

If you download the application (don’t worry, I’m not applying), the title is

Head of Professional / Academy Coaching U14-U18

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I noticed that the "Head of Professional" (dreadful name) is now advertised on the COWS. Wouldn't be shocked to see Joe Cardle doing something like this... 

I wouldn’t be unhappy if Joe got the job, but doesn’t he run a successful academy of his own? 

21 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy if Joe got the job, but doesn’t he run a successful academy of his own? 

He does, but he could probably get it ran for him. I’m sure his wife is involved in some of the stuff and then he has coaches like Nat Wedderburn, Dylan Easton and I think some other younger guys.

3 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

In my experience, people who have some information relating to concerns are better to share it, carefully in the first instance to allow the party in question to respond appropriately and then freely if/when the party in question fail to deliver. If rumours are shite, then the club should say why it's shite. If it puts the club in a difficult spot, good - it's on them to answer or take appropriate action.

Almost always, a well-run, well-managed business/club/whatever will be transparent and provide sufficient information to allay any fears. The club should do so here. If they don't, the rumours will continue and the pressure will increase. This is a good thing IMO.

Transparency is rarely a bad thing. 

If you’ve nothing to hide, hide nothing 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

He does, but he could probably get it ran for him. I’m sure his wife is involved in some of the stuff and then he has coaches like Nat Wedderburn, Dylan Easton and I think some other younger guys.

Get him signed up for the job then 

54 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

If you’ve nothing to hide, hide nothing 👍🏻

Missing the point of course that stuff some has to be hidden or at least obscured in any business.

There are at least three forums a year for fans to question to football and boardroom level management of the club and fan reps on both the boards of the clubs. Neither of which happened when we were taken to administration by the previous, previous board.

56 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Get him signed up for the job then 

Stevie Crawford gets my vote.

Lee Bullen might also fancy it, more what he was doing before the Ayr job.

However I guess there will be plenty non pars related applicants. Will be interesting if it's "someone who knows the club" or a fresh face.

Be shocked if Stevie C fancied it. I’m sure he still holds the club in his heart but I don’t think he left on very rosey terms. Not really against him but he resigned.

Christ, to think of the players Stevie brought in, Nisbet, Murray, Turner, Edwards and many more. Even some of the loans, Mayo who’s flying with Killie, Fraser Murray, Scott Banks, Ewan Henderson. A lot of really talented boys. He’s certainly got the eye for a player and I’d be delighted if he did fancy the role, I just don’t know if he would.

Craw didn’t like and probably wasn’t suited to the pressure of first team environment, I don’t think that spell will have soured his view of the club as a whole, more just his view on where he would want to move his career.

I know it’s natural to talk about guys who have already been at the club at some point but I hope our net is spread further, ultimately how many dafc appearances you have made have very little relevance to how you will do in the advertised job.

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Craw didn’t like and probably wasn’t suited to the pressure of first team environment, I don’t think that spell will have soured his view of the club as a whole, more just his view on where he would want to move his career.

I know it’s natural to talk about guys who have already been at the club at some point but I hope our net is spread further, ultimately how many dafc appearances you have made have very little relevance to how you will do in the advertised job.

Yeah you are right on Crawford. I think it was a surprise to the club when he handed in his resignation. I think there were some personal/family issues he was dealing with at the time as well. Which is fair enough. I don't think there was/is any baggage or bad feeling from either side.

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

1 minute ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Yeah you are right on Crawford. I think it was a surprise to the club when he handed in his resignation. I think there were some personal/family issues he was dealing with at the time as well. Which is fair enough. I don't think there was/is any baggage or bad feeling from either side.

Fair doos then, I stand corrected. I think I'd heard some rumour at the time that he handed in his resignation because the club wanted to change the coaching staff underneath him, letting go guys like Jason Dair and out of respect for him he said he was leaving too. Could be complete balls of course, more than likely. Love the Craw, one of my first ever real hero's. See that time he came back from Aberdeen and came on to score the winner in a 3-2 game against Killie! OFT.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Fair doos then, I stand corrected. I think I'd heard some rumour at the time that he handed in his resignation because the club wanted to change the coaching staff underneath him, letting go guys like Jason Dair and out of respect for him he said he was leaving too. Could be complete balls of course, more than likely. Love the Craw, one of my first ever real hero's. See that time he came back from Aberdeen and came on to score the winner in a 3-2 game against Killie! OFT.

Thats right actually that was a rumour going about. But I heard from someone at the club that was bollocks and tbh I didnt think it was true when I heard it either. 

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Oli Shaw recalled by Barnsley, remember being rumoured to be interested in the summer, maybe one we'll revisit

Going by the Motherwell fans comments, he sounds utterly dreadful.