Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Benjamin and Fagan-Walcott are certainly terrible yes, but again that's not indicative of a board failing to provide backing for the first team, simply the money which is provided being spent terribly. There are clubs in this division who don't sign English loanees because they can't afford to put them up in digs, so whatever the reasons for this failure of recruitment it isn't financial. How much of the recruitment ultimately being shite is the board's fault for involvement of backroom staff in recruitment compared to McPake I have no idea.

On the biggest squad, yeah it's been enforced by the injuries, but I would put Dunfermline's first team squad now at 24 with the addition of Welch-Hayes since I made that post, going by the previous standard of not include the likes of the Sutherlands,  Tod or Fenton:

Mehmet, Little (2nd choice keepers count), Comrie, Edwards, Benedictus, Otoo, Brent, Fisher, Benjamin, Fagan-Walcott, Welch-Hayes, Hamilton, Ritchie-Hosler, Chalmers, Todd, Summers, Allan, Wighton, McCann, Moffat, O'Halloran, Jakubiak, Kane, Holmes

Fair enough on our squad size, at least 8 have been long term injured and 5 more out for 4 weeks +

To say meagle is background staff seems mental, he is the main man of the company who hold de facto ownership and has quoted to want sign off on every single player in or out, he’s phones the manager weekly and turns up every month or so(rarely at game tho 🤷) he’s not a a minor player in our recruitment in the slightest

Why is Meggle not being at games suddenly an issue?

Rhetorical by the way. I know exactly why, that being because we're losing. Didn't see a single comment about him not attending last season or earlier this season when we were doing OK.

Would him being at games somehow improve the team?

11 hours ago, Wacky said:

I see there's a wee laddie missing in the Kirkcaldy area  

thought I’d copy and paste this here, more eyes looking out for the lad the better 

Police Scotland Fife
11h • ® We are asking for the help of the public to trace a 14-
year-old boy reported missing in Kirkcaldy.
Ewan Park was last seen around 4pm on Thursday, 22 February, near a bus stop at the junction of
Ostlers Way and the A901 in the town. He is described as around 5ft 4ins, of slim build with shoulder length blonde, curly hair. When last seen he was wearing grey jogging bottoms, a blue hoodie and
grey Adidas trainers with a white stripe. Inspector Conrad Musgrave said: "Concerns are growing for Ewan's welfare and we want to make sure he is safe and well. He has connections in the
Gillespie Grove area of Kirkcaldy. "I am asking the public to keep a look out for Ewan and if you see him or know where he might be then
please get in touch." Anyone who can help is asked to call Police Scotland
on 101, quoting reference number 2742 of Thursday,

IMG_6857.thumb.png.b6bdcaed72cd55c718fb9b248838e0c5.png

Found safe and sound thankfully

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Rhetorical by the way. I know exactly why, that being because we're losing. Didn't see a single comment about him not attending last season or earlier this season when we were doing OK.

Surely a case of if it’s not broke ? 

now it is broke so yes he should be here more often and at games 

would happen in any business 

Just now, Well over Par said:

Surely a case of if it’s not broke ? 

now it is broke so yes he should be here more often and at games 

would happen in any business 

To do what?

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

for me, if your not there it’s harder to see the full picture of what’s happening on the pitch. But more importantly it’s harder to get the feel of the atmosphere, fans feelings etc.

now maybe that shouldn’t matter but certainly from optics it does 

also Comrie confirmed to be out for the season Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

Edited by parsforlife

Ok. I’ve been critical of McPake and the club lately. Time for some praise when it’s due.

McPake got the team and tactics right tonight. System looked really weird early on, with McCann and Holmes coming so deep when we didn’t have the ball and the full backs playing so narrow. But it worked and, for that, McPake deserves some credit.

We got a bit of luck, yes. But I think we earned that luck.

Todd looked like the same player we all thought he was. Brilliant goal from him. If we can keep him fit, we’ll have a goal threat again. Jakubiak was also a handful for Thistle’s defence - bringing him on once we had the lead was a great tactical move.

MFW looks a very good CB. Edwards looked back to his best, back in his LB role. Allan and Otoo in the middle worked fine, with Otoo putting in a great shift. Forgot how good he is in midfield.

Hamilton is just a brilliant player to have. 

Not getting carried away, it’ll still be a tough final 12 games. But it’s good to finally get that win - and against one of the better sides (who have comfortably beaten us twice earlier in the season). There are players in there that can help us get results and we need to keep the likes of Todd fit and get others (Bene, Fisher, Breen) back.

24 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Cheers guys, think Partick fell to bits after the disallowed goal, but you deserved a bit of luck after all the injuries 

Thought Partick were lucky to keep 11 men. Thought Matty Todd was the best player on the park, Thought we dominated that second half.

Nae luck about it.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Thought Partick were lucky to keep 11 men. Thought Matty Todd was the best player on the park, Thought we dominated that second half.

Nae luck about it.

Aye disallowed goal then efe ambrose mk2 scoring within a few minutes of each is not luck at all and did not turn the tide in the game at all... 

Todd really does seem a player and he should make you some money if he can keep himself fit, mcpake isn't going to, so he has to. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Aye disallowed goal then efe ambrose mk2 scoring within a few minutes of each is not luck at all and did not turn the tide in the game at all... 

Todd really does seem a player and he should make you some money if he can keep himself fit, mcpake isn't going to, so he has to. 

Yeah. Luck nothing to do with dominating that second half before and after that disallowed goal.

Benjamin had a good game. What has luck got to do with that you obsessed Raith weirdo?

Edited by Chubbychops