Walking Down The Halbeath Road

24 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Someone on .net posted that. Can’t see it tbh. 

He plays at the 4th level of German football, I can't imagine the standard is any better than the Scottish Championship.

54 minutes ago, Islay said:

He plays at the 4th level of German football, I can't imagine the standard is any better than the Scottish Championship.

Having watched a few regionaliga games in various parts of the country, my sample size is 4 or 5.  The standard is way, way worse than the championship. 

However, thso guy can't be any worse than Holmes. That can't be possible. 

Unless a player born outside of the UK is good enough to be a full international then work permits are just not happening. They would need to be eligible for uk citizenship like from parents/grandparents

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Unless a player born outside of the UK is good enough to be a full international then work permits are just not happening. They would need to be eligible for uk citizenship like from parents/grandparents

Funnily enough that again was a topic brought up one of the supporters communication sessions about the complexities associated with potentially bringing players in from Europe. The concensus from the board was that it was feasible and doable. I'd like to see it happen if there's real potential with a player.

1 hour ago, North West said:

Funnily enough that again was a topic brought up one of the supporters communication sessions about the complexities associated with potentially bringing players in from Europe. The concensus from the board was that it was feasible and doable. I'd like to see it happen if there's real potential with a player.

Aye, we tried to sign a Ghanaian? 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Livingston just signed a French goalkeeper, it must be feasible. 

14 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, we tried to sign a Ghanaian? 

Livingston just signed a French goalkeeper, it must be feasible. 

There were suggestions we tried to sign a few more players since vytas, all refused work permits tho.

I wouldn't trust livi's ability to use the work permit system successfully just yet given the teto situation.

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

No can do my friend, he's not left footed

Haha f**k sake, what a rambling mess that was.

There's plenty of foreign players in Scotland. There would be next to none if they had to be international standard, surely? 

6 hours ago, DAFC. said:

There's plenty of foreign players in Scotland. There would be next to none if they had to be international standard, surely? 

Will depend how and when they arrived. I think it’s much easier to argue for them to get a visa if they are in the national team because it suggests a certain level of prestige and quality, even though clearly someone who is 1000th in line for a Spain cap is probably a better player than the Faroese national players. 

Free movement of people would help us loads but neither Labour or the Tories are interested regardless of where the public are on that issue.

30 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Paul Allan linked with Kelty. See he played quite a few games for the Pars last season, guessing he'd be a good signing at our level? 

Yes, he would be. The lads got good character and he's got ability.