Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had similar with Ali McCann, FWIW.

Media and club up here spoke about the fee breaching £1.8m, media and club in England said it was just over £1m.

Whether clauses/add ons, or the initial up front fee, are used depends on what side of the deal you're on.

Its very possible you turned down a six figure fee (3 installments of £50k) last season, but have now accepted a five figure fee (2 installments of £90k), and its just the English bothering to report their perspective the second time thats making it look weird.

Wish someone would pay £ 1.8 m for his brother I would even drive him myself .

The lack of communication from the club is really getting on my tits. The only thing coming out of EEP is all about this fan zone. I don’t know for sure but I’ve heard it’s not selling well at all? Words like disaster and flop are being bandied around by some? 
Even if they were to tell us that things are going well or slower than expected would be better than the wall of silence we are getting. 
ANYHOO…… rant over. Let’s hope we hear something soon 

On 29/05/2024 at 18:57, North West said:

Apparently we're interested in a St Pauli II player, 20 year old striker Bennet Winters. Scored 8 in 22 games. 

Sure he played the first half of the friendly last summer and played pretty well.  He was the one that kicked off the overhead kick sesh.  

19 minutes ago, Wacky said:

The lack of communication from the club is really getting on my tits. The only thing coming out of EEP is all about this fan zone. I don’t know for sure but I’ve heard it’s not selling well at all? Words like disaster and flop are being bandied around by some? 
Even if they were to tell us that things are going well or slower than expected would be better than the wall of silence we are getting. 

I’m not being funny but you can actually check the sales yourself?

Game against Germany looks like it will have a very decent attendance, the other games have less interest probably neither are as exciting as the opener, folk will be travelling out etc. I would also hope that if people enjoy the atmosphere and facilities at the Germany game then they rebook or there is some business done on the day.

For the Germany game all 3 central sections are about 80% full, each wing was always going to be slower sales.

Some folk just love to bump their gums.

24 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I agree but I do think club should get a little slack on the fan zone. They're trying to find extra revenue streams and taking a bit of a punt. Some ideas will work, some won't. If Germany game goes well the other games will pick up. Once they've covered costs though, I don't expect it to be a big money spinner. I think they deserve some credit for trying something. Never know, there could be lessons from this that lead to better events.

Other than that though, would be good to see some signings soon!

39 minutes ago, Wacky said:

The lack of communication from the club is really getting on my tits

What are you expecting them to say at the moment?

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

I’m not being funny but you can actually check the sales yourself?

Game against Germany looks like it will have a very decent attendance, the other games have less interest probably neither are as exciting as the opener, folk will be travelling out etc. I would also hope that if people enjoy the atmosphere and facilities at the Germany game then they rebook or there is some business done on the day.

For the Germany game all 3 central sections are about 80% full, each wing was always going to be slower sales.

Some folk just love to bump their gums.

Being honest I’ve never attempted to find out for myself, I’m going on hearsay. 

22 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I agree but I do think club should get a little slack on the fan zone. They're trying to find extra revenue streams and taking a bit of a punt. Some ideas will work, some won't. If Germany game goes well the other games will pick up. Once they've covered costs though, I don't expect it to be a big money spinner. I think they deserve some credit for trying something. Never know, there could be lessons from this that lead to better events.

Other than that though, would be good to see some signings soon!

fair points, and I hope it picks up on the sales front.
I just don’t want us to end up like last season where we appeared to aim for target signings and missed out. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What are you expecting them to say at the moment?

Maybe point out how devilishly handsome we all are, and perhaps something about player activity as opposed to nowt. Just anything because I’m an impatient fecker

HIV YE HEARD OANYHING? 

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Being honest I’ve never attempted to find out for myself, I’m going on hearsay. 

Well maybe change whatever it is you’re reading because it’s clearly pish.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I’m going to be honest. This post is the first time I’ve seen anyone describe the fan zone as a disaster/flop. You either want to go, or you don’t. If it’s not your cup of tea, fine. But that doesn’t mean it’s a terrible idea. I think it’s incredibly harsh to be battering the club for trying to find additional revenue streams.

Anyway. I actually came here to say that there is a group of us that have sponsored a training shirt for the last 4 years or so. It was initially Kevin O’Hara, but last 2 years we have sponsored Andrew Tod.

On the back of this, myself and 101 have spoken to Drew Main and are planning to set up a P&B Pars Supporters Group. As part of this, we will be able to have a couple of people attend regular meetings, with representatives of the board and the management team/players.

If you have any interest in joining this group, please let me know and I’ll happily drop you a DM with information on this.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Well maybe change whatever it is you’re reading because it’s clearly pish.

It was hearsay, I have to stop listening to the half pished ramblings from folks in pubs. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Sure he played the first half of the friendly last summer and played pretty well.  He was the one that kicked off the overhead kick sesh.  

Yeah, he was on the pitch that game.

I personally would be interested in him coming along to the Pars, but not sure how feasible it is.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Utter pish. Sales for the first game have been good as as others have said I think if it’s a good event it’ll improve for the other two games.

The start of June, pre-season begins on the 21st or 24th June, so that’s still plenty time to recruit. I’d imagine the manager has been on a well deserved holiday for the past couple of weeks, will explain why Dave McKay was doing the Chris Kane signing photo. I’m sure they’re hard at work, trying to improve the squad. Will be no news on Josh Edwards either as he’s off on holiday. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

38 minutes ago, Wacky said:

It was hearsay, I have to stop listening to the half pished ramblings from folks in pubs. 

Tbh I think you're entitled to voice any concerns you may have. 

On the communication front I think it's correct to be pushing the fan zone initiative. I hope it's a financial success and I'd welcome revenue into the club overtaking our outgoings given our consecutive losses.

On the player front, obviously it's slow at the moment but that just seems to be how we go about our business. I'd like nothing better to see the pen Gif coming out in the near future.

Drew Main is busy communicating with existing fan groups and encouraging others to join up to the supporter communication sessions. Personally I support these collaborative efforts and I hope this initiative is a success. 

On the social media front, I think it's stale and largely unimaginative. It needs some inspiration.

5 minutes ago, North West said:

On the social media front, I think it's stale and largely unimaginative. It needs some inspiration.

What would you like? No signing news yet, maybe season ticket sales aren’t where the club would like them to be hence the lack of output. There’s a new guy(s) involved in the media stuff team year, give them a chance, they’re probably on holiday as well.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

100% of it. Just whining for the sake of whining.

I resent that, I’m a moaning faced hoor not a whining whiner. 
Like I said, I’m only posting what I’ve been told and haven’t looked into the figures myself. We’ll know for sure if it’s a success if the club does it again, if we reach another tournament that is.