Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, parsboi said:

Probably very true.

however, still a lot this ownership and CEO need to do to convince the wider fanbase.  

Massive amount, however there's been a supporters communication session tonight. Expect feedback in some detail on EEB from a fellow supporter later.

58 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Gonnae get the salt out 

As in, taking things with a pinch of salt?

I wasn't there so don't know what was said; what was not credible/not believable in what was said?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, North West said:

If anyone is interested, fellow Pars fan Digs has put up feedback on the East End Bounce. It pretty interesting from Meggle. Link below.

https://www.eastendbounce.org/topic/6924-fan-groups-meeting-tonight/#comment-92972

Worth a read. Pretty much was what I thought about the Courier piece and us not breaking the wage structure for players. 

Reading this it looks like loans it is then for a back up GK and most likely any other cover at the back etc.

Edited by Heaton

Is Meggle saying we're just needing a back up keeper who will be a loan or We need a goalkeeper plus loans elsewhere in the team?

I hope it's the latter as there's running a small squad and then there's being under staffed. We need a goalkeeper and 2-3 outfield players as it stands right now,

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Is Meggle saying we're just needing a back up keeper who will be a loan or We need a goalkeeper plus loans elsewhere in the team?

I hope it's the latter as there's running a small squad and then there's being under staffed. We need a goalkeeper and 2-3 outfield players as it stands right now,

My understanding, from someone else who was at the meeting, was a goalkeeper and defender permanently and loans to top up the squad. Although they’ll be keeping an eye on the market and taking action and making the money available, if the right players are available for permanent transfers.

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

My understanding, from someone else who was at the meeting, was a goalkeeper and defender permanently and loans to top up the squad. Although they’ll be keeping an eye on the market and taking action and making the money available, if the right players are available for permanent transfers.

Cheers. I'm a lot more comfortable with that.

On 29/06/2024 at 16:46, Well over Par said:

can’t see too many more signings this season. Suspect a goalie and and a left sided defender for cover. 

we will pick up a couple of loans near the end of the window 

That’s it I think 

Looks like Meggle confirmed this last night? Squad depth could be an issue if we get unlucky with injuries again

14 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Interesting reading. I'm not having that £1700 a week figure for Ashcroft though. 

Does seem high although I have no evidence to the contrary.  Do you?

9 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Interesting reading. I'm not having that £1700 a week figure for Ashcroft though. 

Silly money. Even if that's slightly exaggerated, it's clear this is the ballpark some teams are paying for experienced players. I'd imagine Hanlon at Rovers will be demanding this kind of wage for example. Absolute lunacy IMO, and I'm encouraged to see that we're applying some sanity. We're running a fine line financially for some short-term infrastructure investment, but if I were a Raith/Partick/Ayr fan I'd be a little concerned about what happens if the money they appear to be throwing about doesn't get them promotion.

2 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Silly money. Even if that's slightly exaggerated, it's clear this is the ballpark some teams are paying for experienced players. I'd imagine Hanlon at Rovers will be demanding this kind of wage for example. Absolute lunacy IMO, and I'm encouraged to see that we're applying some sanity. We're running a fine line financially for some short-term infrastructure investment, but if I were a Raith/Partick/Ayr fan I'd be a little concerned about what happens if the money they appear to be throwing about doesn't get them promotion.

We posted a million loss recently with rumours of similar this year. would like to compare that with these 3 teams. if nowhere near these amount of losses then maybe explains why they have more cash to throw at promotion this year?

15 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Does seem high although I have no evidence to the contrary.  Do you?

I don't. But it is far higher than anything I understand us to be paying,and it also suggests Partick are throwing similar money around. Doesn't seem to quite add up. Plus a figure a journalist heard through the grapevine, whosaid to McPake (for a cheap headline it seems), who said to Meggle, who said to a group of fans isn't very robust. 

Regardless, even if it has been slightly inflated I'm glad we're not pushing the boat out for someone like Ashcroft (as much as I would have liked him back). 

1 minute ago, Well over Par said:

We posted a million loss recently with rumours of similar this year. would like to compare that with these 3 teams. if nowhere near these amount of losses then maybe explains why they have more cash to throw at promotion this year?

Maybe. Like I said, League 1 and infrastructure investment are mostly behind our losses and I'm happy to see club taking reasonable measures to balance the books in the short-term. All three clubs I've listed have had more stability than us over last 3 years so I wouldn't be surprised they have more money. But even were that not the case, I'd still pass on paying Lee Ashcroft (who pulled his hamstring as soon as he went on loan to Rovers) £1700/week (and that's not intended to be any disrespect to Ashcroft). 

13 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

All three clubs I've listed have had more stability than us over last 3 years

That's debatable - it was common knowledge that Thistle were on their arse 12 months ago.

32 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

If that figure is accurate then it explains why we missed out on him as even that is above what we’d be willing to pay for a player. I’m not sure who our highest earner would be. Best guess is someone like Dowds or McMann and I reckon even they will fall short of that number. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If that figure is accurate then it explains why we missed out on him as even that is above what we’d be willing to pay for a player. I’m not sure who our highest earner would be. Best guess is someone like Dowds or McMann and I reckon even they will fall short of that number. 

Dode Oakley is on 3k a week