Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 08/08/2024 at 16:33, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Hoping one of you chaps could settle a pub argument for us?   Was there a time, maybe late 70's early 80's, when away fans were housed in the opposite end at EEP?  

I have vague memories of being behind the goals at what is now the NM stand, for a super-tense promotion decider between us;  Falkirk needed to win, it ended up 1-1 due to a blunder by our gk. Would that be right?  

My first visit to EEP was a 4-2 win in 1970 was there with Father and Uncle and we were on the terracing at the town end now N McC Stand

Another game I remember was in 1977 a 1-0 win and we stood basically where the NW Section is

We also stood there in the 1974 Cup Replay loss on a Wednesday Afternoon in 1974

Anyone see Chris Kane come up to the front of the Norrie right behind the goals and talk to a fan after the game? As the players were applauding the fans he must’ve caught eyes with someone and came over, they had a chat which didn’t before he headed up the tunnel. It may have been someone he knows but didn’t look that way, certainly looked like a bit more than a friendly chat. Seemed to finish okay and they shook hands.

2 hours ago, par-adise said:

I'm not sure exactly what the threshold for professional negligence is in Scots law. But not having a subby keeper or a single left sided player in the entire squad by mid August must be pretty close. 

Mind you Southgate took only an injured left back to the euros 

A deserved and relatively straight forward win yesterday against a poor Dunfermline side. However it is a performance not without room for improvement in both personal and team performance. 

Move on to Partick at home and this should be a far sterner test, but we should go into it with confidence.  

Until then, bring on the Hearts. End of sermon and the Navy Blue train keeps chugging along.

Genuinely from all the pre-match talk, I expected you to be much less effective yesterday. Course you may have raised your game because of the Derby but I thought apart from your strikeforce you weren’t too bad  I thought the left back dealt very well with Morrison apart from his booking after a few minutes. We didn’t feel safe till the penalty we usually play a bit better. 

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Exactly. The general public seem to see this but these clueless idiots seem to think they are visionaries. They don't have a clue about the dynamics of Scottish football. 

I'm sure all Rovers and Falkirk fans take great delight in reading this though.

Yes...you are in a bad way, no doubt about that.

However, both ourselves, Falkirk and numerous others, have felt the same at different times.

Appears to me you need to get rid of McP asap...

Within all the threads the main source complaint is McPake and his management of the games.

The beautiful game???   Aye...sometimes!!

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Handed over the keys to the club to a bunch of charlatans. You’d think after nearly losing it before the Dunfermline fans would be more careful.

What use is a shiny, expensive, youth academy when you are in Legaue One, where you’d be lucky to demand a 6 figure fee for even a once every 20 years type talent? If you were a very decent young player why would you want to be in that academy with Hearts and Hibs so close?

You're a total fud, btw.

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

What use is a shiny, expensive, youth academy when you are in Legaue One, where you’d be lucky to demand a 6 figure fee for even a once every 20 years type talent? If you were a very decent young player why would you want to be in that academy with Hearts and Hibs so close?

Isn't the academy an entirely different business? AUFA is a different company from AUFC and the successes and setbacks of one have no direct impact on the other. And Ayr's academy was still considered one of the best in the country while the club were shitting it out in front of crowds of 500 in Lee Guan.

Edited by Thumper

13 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Is the academy in the same project that put Rosyth juniors out the game ? 

Gavin masterton(or more likely his daughter) put the final nail in, but it was really a series of errors by politicians.

Wasn't anything really to do with us apart from we didn't agree to let them use the training ground as their home ground. Something they'd not have been able to wait around for anyway given the state of the place

Just now, parsforlife said:

Gavin masterton(or more likely his daughter) put the final nail in, but it was really a series of errors by politicians.

Wasn't anything really to do with us apart from we didn't agree to let them use the training ground as their home ground. Something they'd not have been able to wait around for anyway given the state of the place

Yeah it’s not true where people say that Dunfermline killed Rosyth, more that you could have saved them but decided not to.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Yeah it’s not true where people say that Dunfermline killed Rosyth, more that you could have saved them but decided not to.

As could Raith Rovers, but decided not to. 

This is easy enough. 

Posted elsewhere but since the start of last season this is McPake's record in all competitions (friendlies not included):

P: 48

W: 14 (could be 15 if you include winning the penalty shoot out at Starks)

D; 13

L: 19

GF: 52 (12 of these were in the League Cup)

GA: 64

Since the start of 2024 we've played 26 (competitive) games, have won 6 and haven't scored in 11 of them.

Edited by DA Baracus