Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, AuldReekie said:

With hopefully no skeletons in the cupboard, an owner selling because they don't want to do it anymore is far better than an owner selling in financial distress. Reasons to be cheerful.

Do you think they’ll be too bothered about who they sell to? So long as they get their money, I guess that’s all they will be bothered about.

13 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

John Sim and Mr Barrowman should buy DAFC.....we could have them as our

.................................................................FEEDER TEAM??

Any thoughts.....Nah.....the supporters should buy them out.

Thoughts??

Just now, Enigma said:

Do you think they’ll be too bothered about who they sell to? So long as they get their money, I guess that’s all they will be bothered about.

Possibly not. The quality of the buyer though reflects the quality of what is being bought. I don't think there's any huge amounts of debt but they haven't exactly been transparent on other commitments. Commitment to new players is a good sign though - not like we are broke. I suspect all non-football funding cancelled ahead of their exit and that will not be channeled into first team.

Unless I start to see we're in financial distress, this can only be a good thing. That statement has made clear they should not be running this club.

Just now, DeclanG said:

Wonder if we're gonna sell the "training academy" to the council for pennies now? Won't be any money to continue building it and it's effectively just an astro pitch.

Back to life, back to Alloa?

Pleased, these guys are completely out of their depth and had no idea what they were doing. I appreciate the pipe dream of a long term vision with the academy, however when you refuse to spend money on the first team and bring the club continually towards league 1, what did they actually expect? 

23 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Barrowman and McKenzie were interested in Dunfermline before getting Raith. They've already ditched one fife team for another bigger one, the logical next step is for our pie sales to increase 5000%.

That thought crossed my mind, but hell they wouldn't............. would they, perish the thought 

That is up there with the pettiest, toy throwing out of the pram, bonkers mental, Scot Gardiner-esque, incompetent and wild but oh, so ever Scottish football-y statement I have ever read.

And the fact that it's not from Rangers?

Star Trek Applause GIF

35 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

As someone who bought into the larger plan, I'm actually disappointed. But while the last 3 months raised serious questions about whether they had a short or even medium term plan, that statement clearly shows them as being completely unfit to run this football club. It does actually sound like League 1 football might have been acceptable to them which is an absolutely astounding position to take. 

So with that in mind, I'm taking this as good news. I think signings will now be imminent - the sale and the return on their investment will go far better with a squad that's likely to play championship football next season.

With hopefully no skeletons in the cupboard, an owner selling because they don't want to do it anymore is far better than an owner selling in financial distress. Reasons to be cheerful.

How much did they put in?  And given the club is losing £1m a season that needs to be covered by their owner, who in their right mind is going to buy?