Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Good to see the Copper deal go through nice and quick. Don’t know much about him but happy to see a new face.

We've had him on trial since the first day of pre season. Which is pretty quick for us tbf. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reading the announcement about Cooper - why does McPake have to state so many obvious but not necessary to be stated comments:

'We could have easily have gone out and got a goalkeeper, I’m not saying Tobi was the only one we tried for that’s not true.'

'When Max came in he was young in his career and late to coming in to being a goalkeeper. Over the course of the two seasons he improved but in my opinion not to the level of Championship football in Scotland.'

'Tobi comes in after two loan spells that I’m not too bothered about how they have gone'

Why do you care? You've had about 835 managers since you bulleted him. 

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Why do you care? You've had about 835 managers since you bulleted him. 

A multitude of reasons really.

Firstly, he was at my club for almost a decade - I always take an interest in how our former players and managers get on.

Secondly, it's a multi-club forum and I post on a range of stuff within Scottish football on it that isn't necessarily related to my own club - I like being nosy about all things Scottish football and none more so than for my first reason.

Thirdly, your club has also had (off the top of my head) 8 former Dundee players play for you over the past couple of seasons so again it makes me interested.

Fourthly, I don't mean to be a dick, but there's a bit of a circus exhibit going on with you lads in recent times (and being a Dundee fan I know all about that) so again it's something that piques my interest.

Fifthly, I'm a pretty boring c**t - I read most one club forums across the country, I read and listen to most pre and post match interviews from a range of different managers and especially ones with links to my team so I'm always going to nitpick at stuff.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

A multitude of reasons really.

Firstly, he was at my club for almost a decade - I always take an interest in how our former players and managers get on.

Secondly, it's a multi-club forum and I post on a range of stuff within Scottish football on it that isn't necessarily related to my own club - I like being nosy about all things Scottish football and none more so than for my first reason.

Thirdly, your club has also had (off the top of my head) 8 former Dundee players play for you over the past couple of seasons so again it makes me interested.

Fourthly, I don't mean to be a dick, but there's a bit of a circus exhibit going on with you lads in recent times (and being a Dundee fan I know all about that) so again it's something that piques my interest.

Fifthly, I'm a pretty boring c**t - I read most one club forums across the country, I read and listen to most pre and post match interviews from a range of different managers and especially ones with links to my team so I'm always going to nitpick at stuff.

I hope that answers your question.

Thank you.

Too much pish min

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

We've had him on trial since the first day of pre season. Which is pretty quick for us tbf. 

More referring to the time taken after the board have released the funds for the team to work with. 
Obviously worrying that we didn't have the funds available to sign a player at that level before, but now that some money's been freed up we're not wasting time.

6 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

100% no. I'm not a huge fan goal music, but if we must have goal music then keep Glad All Over. I think it's only us and Crystal Palace that use it. Bits n Pieces is shite (unless you mean the other Dave Clarke Five song of the same name in which case fine, fire away). 

Glad all over is awful as well. Not that we score many goals at home anyway but it doesn't add anything at all to the excitement level 

Happy we have another couple players through the door, obviously not proven players at this level but surely will be an upgrade than the kids we have on the bench at minimum. As others have said, there was previous success under Crawford in bringing in players from league 1 and developing them. 

18 hours ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Good to see the Copper deal go through nice and quick. Don’t know much about him but happy to see a new face.

Surprised to see Cooper sign. I’ve seen him play a few times and he’s a decent player but not Championship standard. Also I’m told that he left Morton because he had a terrible attitude. He may have matured since then, but I still don’t think he’s good enough for a team hoping to survive in the Chamlionship.