Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Shocking performance again. Never threatened Hamilton’s goal, other than one mis-hit cross from McCann that hit the bar. We don’t look like a team at all. We also just don’t look as fit as the teams we’re up against.

McPake had 2 weeks to prepare the team for that game and we still looked really unprepared. Nobody seemed to have a clue what they were meant to do when we were in attacking areas.

Cooper looked good, much better than anyone else in a Pars shirt. Also don’t know what Breen’s done to piss him off. Playing Hamilton and Young as a CB pairing in the second half, with Breen on the bench seemed odd. Young looked alright though, I thought.

2 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Only team in Scotland not to score a league goal this season. 

You're only just behind us thanks to us getting a soft spot kick the other week against Thistle. It's going to be a long season for both clubs and, yes, it's only August but there's nothing to be seen so far to think anything else.

11 minutes ago, embow said:

You're only just behind us thanks to us getting a soft spot kick the other week against Thistle. It's going to be a long season for both clubs and, yes, it's only August but there's nothing to be seen so far to think anything else.

We're going down which is bad. 

You're finishing in the promotion play offs at least which is pretty good. 

33 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Genuine question.

When will we actually score a goal?

Consolation goal against Raith. 

Just as worrying, when do you think we'll actually get a point or be ahead in a game? Ayr, Raith and Partick up next, I reckon 0/9 there. I think we'll go ahead against QP before drawing 1-1.

I spent a large part of today hoping Hamilton would make as big of an arse of defending a set piece as we did to allow us to score,  someone will do that or similar at some point, but that's going to result, if we're lucky in 4-5 goals this season. Where the rest are going to come from get the magic 44 points I've f**king no idea.

There is a positive spin on today on how the 2nd half went, we played a bit quicker and their was a lot of huff and puff trying to get an equaliser, but that's all if was, not great play to create opportunities, just banging our heads against the wall hoping it would fall down.

7 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

McPake must be under pressure?

A bit of fan pressure which hasn't really spilled over into the stadium yet. Board situation taking a lot of the heat just now and that situation will complicate things from that side about who makes the call and if there willing to do that when we don't know who will run the club in the medium term.

I heard that Breen has some kind of hamstring issue? Strange how he was on the bench if that’s the case. 
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It looks like our guys heads are down already, it’s almost as if they have given up already. At least Cooper tried to get so kind of forward momentum going, but I fear that enthusiasm will get sucked out of him. 
Saying that tho, stats don’t matter when the results are piss poor, but 

IMG_8867.thumb.png.43270727cc4037d09240bb6f04f81ab2.png

at least we are keeping our foul count down, our sportsmanship is pure oozing out of our lads. 
I don’t have the answers to this but IMO  the best form of defence is attack. We don’t do that forward momentum type thing, and McPake doesn’t seem interested in even trying it out for a wee change. 
This is the classic rock and hard place scenario, it doesn’t seem like a good idea to change managers while all this boardroom stuff is going on, but it’s not the best idea to keep a manager that built this team and can’t even inspire them to score one single league goal. 

We are a rubbish team incapable of playing it in the deck. 

We punt it forward in the hope we win a foul, then do nothing with the territorial gain. 

Then when we go behind, suddenly we play the ball about because the other team camped in, knowing we will never find a way past.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Then when we go behind, suddenly we play the ball about because the other team camped in, knowing we will never find a way past.

That's it, normally deciding when to drop deep and defend your box is a difficult decision because you're worried that eventually a team will grind you down and get a goal.  Against us? Is a simple decision, there is no threat of us having possession.

Our least shite attacking threat is on the counter attack which you can't even do if you're constantly going behind early in games