Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

You can't remember the game, of course it's not worth discussing. Just take my word on it, there's a good lad. 

I dunno where this weird tone on it is coming from but you’ve sent multiple messages with it now and I don’t know why. It’s weird, stop.

55 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

To put it politely, that's simply not true.

Stand by it, in both games we created near enough nothing, in both games we gave up multiple chances. 

If Ayr had scored a couple of their chances and had won 3-1 would we still have posts lauding us competing in the game? Would we buggery. If we play like we did against Ayr we'll have more results like we did against Falkirk and Hamilton. 

Unless Tomi is the second coming of Allan McGregor right enough, which would be nice but I wouldn't count on it. 

10 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

I dunno where this weird tone on it is coming from but you’ve sent multiple messages with it now and I don’t know why. It’s weird, stop.

Geez peace, you're the one saying there's no point discussing a game which you can't remember. 

30 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Geez peace, you're the one saying there's no point discussing a game which you can't remember. 

I don’t remember the header, big wow. It was weeks ago and why bother, the game was absolutely shite from our perspective no matter how you frame it. I thought we were absolutely hopeless against Falkirk, and less so against Ayr. We disagree, marginally, on a performance, and that’s it. 

As a result, you’ve been dishing out shite like “can’t agree on that matey” “there’s a good lad” “don’t take this the wrong way but maybe your judgement is clouded”.

It’s patronising as f**k, and was never called for. Sorry for slightly disagreeing with your all-knowing football opinion.

And the header isn’t why it isn’t worth discussing further. It’s because neither one of our opinions is going to change, and this is already very tiresome.

33 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

I don’t remember the header, big wow. It was weeks ago and why bother, the game was absolutely shite from our perspective no matter how you frame it. I thought we were absolutely hopeless against Falkirk, and less so against Ayr. We disagree, marginally, on a performance, and that’s it. 

As a result, you’ve been dishing out shite like “can’t agree on that matey” “there’s a good lad” “don’t take this the wrong way but maybe your judgement is clouded”.

It’s patronising as f**k, and was never called for. Sorry for slightly disagreeing with your all-knowing football opinion.

And the header isn’t why it isn’t worth discussing further. It’s because neither one of our opinions is going to change, and this is already very tiresome.

I've never framed the Falkirk game as anything other than shite, my point is that the performance in the Ayr game wasn't much better. 

Calling someone "matey" and saying there judgement may be clouded because the defeat had came against Falkirk isn't patronising, especially as you'd just said you couldn't remember aspects of the game. 

"There's a good lad" absolutely was, and that was only said because you'd taken the hump. It turns out at being called "matey", christ. 

It seems you're angry for some reason & also wrong.

Everyone I've spoken to since last Saturday said it was a much improved performance compared to Falkirk a few weeks ago.

9 hours ago, HoBNob said:

If Ayr had scored a couple of their chances

What about if McCanns' free kick had crept in at 1-1? What if their defender had been correctly given a second yellow?

Can't have it both ways, matey.

8 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I've never framed the Falkirk game as anything other than shite, my point is that the performance in the Ayr game wasn't much better. 

Calling someone "matey" and saying there judgement may be clouded because the defeat had came against Falkirk isn't patronising, especially as you'd just said you couldn't remember aspects of the game. 

"There's a good lad" absolutely was, and that was only said because you'd taken the hump. It turns out at being called "matey", christ. 

Ah ken, matey. Do you think he may have felt you were being condescending, pally pal? At least you didn’t call him “neebs” or “neebur”, that would have given the impression that you were being friendly, eh bud? Be a “good lad/lassie/whatever you identify as” and cut him some slack, ya wee scamp.
Run along now and play nice like a good boy/girl/or whatever you want to call yourself. 😉

19 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It seems you're angry for some reason & also wrong.

Everyone I've spoken to since last Saturday said it was a much improved performance compared to Falkirk a few weeks ago.

What about if McCanns' free kick had crept in at 1-1? What if their defender had been correctly given a second yellow?

Can't have it both ways, matey.

Not angry in the slightest, come up with some better patter neebs. And everyone I've spoken to thought it was pish. Does that now make you very wrong aye? Or maybe we all tend to live in our own bubble. It's absolutely no surprise that people view a draw better than a defeat against Falkirk, you've already said your old school in that you focus on the result, no problem with that. 

McCann has scored one? Free kick in his time with us, we can't rely on that as a source of goals, much like Otoos screamer it will have an extremely low xG due to how rarely they actually get scored, I'm not having it both ways, matey. They're not great chances, if someone belts one in from 35 yards it's a wonderful feeling but if that's the only chance you create in a game it's fair to say you've got lucky if you've got one goal from it. 

The red card is a seperate subject all together, it absolutely should have been a red card and if we'd gotten beat I would've felt hard done by due to it. I would've liked to see us try and attack that defender, try and pray on the Referee in that he might feel he owes us one etc. But that second half was brutally lacklustre. 

11 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Ah ken, matey. Do you think he may have felt you were being condescending, pally pal? 

Not at all, it's been a fairly amicable greeting towards someone you may not know throughout my whole adult life. If you're going out your way to be offended by it then it's on you. 

That "whatever you identify as" is shite patter aswell, Mon. 

4 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Can we move on? This is f**king painful

Apparently not..........

image.png

I'm oot. If he's going to batter his keyboard like this in response to me being pleasantly surprised that we competed well with the league leaders & current in-form championship team, then there's little point.

I've met plenty Pars fans like him over the years, who seem to find little pleasure or enjoyment in following our team.

Edited by da_no_1

18 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That "whatever you identify as" is shite patter aswell, Mon. 

I put that as you appear to get very easily enraged by small details and other people’s opinions on here. I was thinking about your wellbeing 

19 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I've met plenty Pars fans like him over the years, who seem to find little pleasure or enjoyment in following our team.

This. It’s bizarre how many fans appear perpetually unhappy with the team, and turn up solely to pour scorn on the players and manager 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

I put that as you appear to get very easily enraged by small details and other people’s opinions on here. I was thinking about your wellbeing 

Absolutely reeking patter confirmed, christ. 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Apparently not..........

image.png

I'm oot. If he's going to batter his keyboard like this in response to me being pleasantly surprised that we competed well with the league leaders & current in-form championship team, then there's little point.

Apologies, in future I'll try and keep my replies to you very short, don't want to be accused of battering the keyboard eh? 

Ayr Result - Good

Performance - Still bad. 

Aye? I love following the Pars, when we're good it's great and when we're bad it's something to laugh and moan about with your mates. 

Just chuck me on ignore matey and move on. 

37 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Can we move on? This is f**king painful

This would definitely be best.

As it happens, I don’t usually give a rats about the SPFL Trust Trophy and I won’t be able to make the East Fife game. Get the sense anything other than a win might sour any positive notion anyone got from Ayr, deserved or not. We need to string some results together.

I don’t particularly like having to care about it but that’s where we are.

1 minute ago, ADFC said:

As much as it is the diddy cup, would take any type of cup run after our honking cup record last few years

We made noises in pre season about taking it more seriously with the increased prize money. 

In that regard it's a shame to get East Fife, they looked handy in pre season and they've been in great form so far this season. 

I'd loathe to criticise the players or manager over a challenge Cup game but this one feels about as important a tie as we've had in it since we were in the final. A loss to East Fife will not be a good look going into the Raith game, while a win will almost be disregarded as expected. Tricky tie. 

Tricky one tomorrow tbh. It's not going to be easy and as you say, a defeat will dampen any small lift from last week.

Do we do the usual and play a mix of reserves to protect from that or do what we really need to and go full strength to win and gamble.

14 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

In that regard it's a shame to get East Fife, they looked handy in pre season and they've been in great form so far this season. 

They made us look amateurish in that pre-season game, and they won’t be easy to beat in this one either 

32 minutes ago, ADFC said:

As much as it is the diddy cup, would take any type of cup run after our honking cup record last few years

I'd love us to win it. Odd that a lot of fans deem it to be a 'diddy' cup when we've spent so many years in League One in recent times. 

East Fife have had a decent start to the season, beat us in pre-season, beat Morton convincingly in the league cup and sit second in L2, four wins on the trot. That being said, we should be beating East Fife in a proper game. I wouldn't look too much into the pre-season result.

Failure to win tomorrow will be very bad for James McPake. We really need a win of some sort, ideally a convincing one ahead of the Fife derby a week today. Raith have to go and play Ayr at Somerset so a loss for them would be ideal ahead of next week.

I'll be heading along to the game tomorrow. Usually wouldn't be fussed with this cup most seasons but really feel like we need to support the team to get a win that could spark a bit of life into the season, especially given we play Raith Rovers the following week.

If McPake loses both these games, I don't really see how the board justify keeping him on. Hopefully can find another one or two domestic/free agent signings that can come in and make a difference as well. 

Certainly with Oluwayemi and Foggarty they've looked decent in their limited game time and Cooper looks to have something about him once he's up to match sharpness. Todd coming back soon as well will have a massive impact if he can stay fit for a prolonged period. 

Edited by Nat Weederburn