Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Agree with pretty much everything DA Baracus said there.

So do I. Theres a lot of support just now and early crowds will be quite good. The 2nd Division is a cesspit however and it requires significant will power to continue to go week in week out. It helps if you are winning it but, with Sevco in attendance, this will be a huge challenge for you guys this year.

Whether your fanbase will drop to wee team levels though....

Some people seem to forget that fans were right on the players' backs when we were 0-1 down at East End to Forfar, yet the 'official line' seems to be that the support was brilliant for this game. It certainly picked up, but only after we'd scored.

Where I was sitting the support was fairly constant throughout the game, yes it did pick up when we were scoring but this isn't exactly surprising.

Considering we were 4-1 down to Forfar which in turn was about to get us relegated, any sort of support was brilliant for that game.

If east fife do sell out their end the fair enough, but they couldn't get that for the play-offs that's why I'd be surprised.

I agree we are likely to see a fall in crowds later in the year because I've no doubt that too many will be deluded into thinking it will be easy, but even if I'm wrong those turning up that aren't used to going every week/fortnight will get bored/return to what they normally do on a saturday.

On the negativity issue, I agree that at times our fans have been negative including in the play-offs, but I think most are making a genuine effort to be more positive/forgiving to the players. I think that the attitude would have been more negative had this effort not been made, but old habits die hard and those that used to berate anything and everything for 90 minutes aren't going to stay silent.

Pretty sure The stadium company bought it for £1.1m largely funded by John Sim. We have only been paying interest on this so assume the purchase price would remain similar.

2nd para :lol: Who'd a think it, we're benefiting from the cva already. That tie could be a cracker given it may be at least a season before another one and for the first time in 25 years we go in as the big team!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

initially we were only paying the interest on the bank loan for the stadium for which sim is the guarantor but have been making inroads on payment and the loan was sitting at under 400k a few years back however the complicated structure of who owns what at starks,the inner workings of our finances and the fact were still waiting on the accounts from 2012 or is it 2011 ^_^ its difficult to tell the exact sum still outstanding

sims committment at the time of the rescue was and still is to my knowledge to do his best to gauarantee football at Stark's Park until 2021 by which time he was hoping to have the bank debt retired.he has or had no intention of selling the ground although i know the directors are doing their level best to reclaim the ground somehow

2ndpara,aye how ironic

baws that east fife are only giving us 780 for next saturday.

new money wankers :thumbsdown;)

What? Why would we give more tickets to the away fans without trying to sell our allocation first? I don't think the last time we played and beat you in the cup a few years ago it was a sell out either.

The principles of the people involved in the rescue of Dunfermline F.C. must be questioned. Yes they have saved the club from extinction and will probably be euphoric with the outcome. But to achieve this there has to be some "small" victims, creditors who have had to accept that they have no say in the agreement. Who gave much thought to their predicament ? Going by past experience some of these small companies may not survive. Has any commitment been given to these companies who may have serviced Dunfermline over many years as to their involvement with the club in the future ?

Edited by Allan

good post allan

some small victims may be an understatement ,it would be interesting to know how many voted against the cva,

creditors

excluding staff and players

3663 Food Services
Aberdeenshire Larder
Aberdeen Football Club
Air Temperature Control
Almor Carpets
Arbroath Football Club
Automatic Retailing (Vending) Ltd
Aldermore Invoice Finance
L BaIgen
The Belhaven Brewery Co
Bitwise Ltd
Craig Brown Photography
David Brown Gas Engineers
Booking Services International
BMI Healthcare Collections
BMI Healthcare Collections
130C
Bank of Scotland
British Red Cross
Mr Graham Brown
Caledonia's Larder Ltd
Campbell Medical Supplies
Camtec
Charisma Blinds
Charlie Irons Coaches Ltd
Chrystal Petrolium Co. Ltd
Cowdenbeath Football Club Ltd
Stephen Curtis
I Clark
D&G Autocare
Disclosure Scotland
Discounted Office Supplies
Douglas Scott
B Duncan
Elite Sports Analysis Limited
Equinox Access Solutions Ltd
Ewan Smith
Fairways GM Ltd
Fife Council
Fife Chamber of Commerce & Enterprise
Fife Airport
First Scottish Document Management
First Post Ltd
First Scottish Searching
Food Options UK Ltd
Football Safety Officers Association
Garthland Print Limited
Gibb & Beveridge Engineering Agencies
Glen Bakers Ltd
Graham's Dairy Ltd
Greentech (Sportsturf) Ltd
G4S Secure Solutions (UK) Ltd
Gunnebo UK Ltd
Greene King Brewing and Retailing Ltd
Hamilton FC
HBJ Gately Wareing
Heart of Midlothian FC
H&G Burgoyne Ltd
Hunter Executive Coaches Ltd
HCA International
Mr an Hunter
Mrs Helen Irvine Hunter
A Hood
IMG Media Ltd
Infowork Ltd
Inntel Limited
Interstadia Ltd
J R Fine Foods Ltd
Kingdom FM Radio Ltd
Konica Minolta
Libero
Lisney Chartered Surveyors
J Leishman
Keith Love
Macklin Motors
Malone & Associates
Donna Martin
McLean & Stewart
Morpeth Town F.C.
J Meiklem
Ross McArthur
Mrs S Masterton
C McBay
F McConnell
Mr G Masterton
Mr C Martin
Sandy Morris
Muirhall Energy Limited
Gordon McDougall
H Melrose
N.C.S. Group Ltd
Nightingales
Glasgow Nuffield Hospital
Optimum Football Consultancy
Phonographic Performance Limited
Platinum One
Premier Services
Preston North End FC
Performing Rights Society Limited
Robert Purvis Plant Hire Ltd
Robert Purvis
Pars Supporters Trust
Rangers Football Club - In Liquidation
B Robertson
Sage (UK) Limited
Sa!tire Patisserie Ltd
Scottish Power UK plc
Scottish Ambulance Service
Scottish Gas 600073165
Sentinel Employment Law
Scottish Football Association
Sign Plus Ltd
Kevin Simpson
British Sky Broadcasting Ltd
Software Foundation Ltd
Space Clinics Ltd
Sportsmed UK Ltd
Stefano Salvatori Sport Management Ltd
Richard Street
The Sunlight Service Group
Mr and Mrs Sinclair
Rodney Shearer
Sunlight textile Services
E Spreung
John Simpson
Technology Telecom Ltd
Thistle Site Accommodation
Thomson Cooper & Co
ThyssenKrupp Elevator UK Limited
Total Teamware Ltd
Trophy Centre
Tuft Ltd
The Edinburgh Clinic
Universal Sports Management
University of Stirling
R Weymes
Yellow Pages
John Young Signs

Is this really any different to the thousands of businesses that do the same and are not mentioned in the press?

It's not right and it's all down to one or two people who should be facing the jail but instead they can just walk away and start a new business.

I'll bet that every football club in the country has bumped off at least one company at some point and used another. Be it catering, paper or something small.

DAFC vs Raith - Ticket Prices

Credit to both Clubs for agreeing the prices they have, and so quickly too.

£10 Adults, £5 Concessions. Hopefully a big, big, crowd, for what promises to be a great game.

http://www.raithrovers.net/9705/ramsdens-cup-fife-derby-tie.htm

Big credit, really looking forward to this one!

You sound like a tit. What a horrible 'billy big time' attitude you've got. Wake the f**k up.

You couldn't be further from the truth. However, you're entitled to your own opinion (maybe something you should consider before launching into a tirade of abuse towards others who dare to voice theirs).

I will agree that it is up to East Fife how many tickets they decide to give us. However, I'm just disappointed that I may not be able to get a ticket for my old man, who attends near on every game with me but doesn't have a season ticket.

If I have offended you I apologise, but I certainly wouldn't consider myself to have a "billy big time" attitude. I am completely aware of the size and fragility of our club, and no one was more relieved and humbled than myself after yesterday's outcome.

Is this really any different to the thousands of businesses that do the same and are not mentioned in the press?

I'll bet that every football club in the country has bumped off at least one company at some point and used another. Be it catering, paper or something small.

no,its not much different,similarly the ordinary punter in the street who can wrack up debt,appoint one of these companies to negotiate minimal repayments or in some cases nothing at all whilst living the life of riley and debt free after three years

It's not right and it's all down to one or two people who should be facing the jail but instead they can just walk away and start a new business.

agree and in your case the directors but unfortunately the system appears to allow it

You couldn't be further from the truth. However, you're entitled to your own opinion (maybe something you should consider before launching into a tirade of abuse towards others who dare to voice theirs).

I will agree that it is up to East Fife how many tickets they decide to give us. However, I'm just disappointed that I may not be able to get a ticket for my old man, who attends near on every game with me but doesn't have a season ticket.

If I have offended you I apologise, but I certainly wouldn't consider myself to have a "billy big time" attitude. I am completely aware of the size and fragility of our club, and no one was more relieved and humbled than myself after yesterday's outcome.

Apologies, but the fact you said it was a 'bloody disgrace' led to me assume that you are one of our fans who still thinks that we're somehow a 'big club' and has, for some reason, a superior attitude. Calling someone a tit is hardly a tirade either.

I remember when OldRangers were given the North Stand for a game a few years ago, and there were plenty of Pars fans complaining about it. I'm not saying you were one of them, but now fans have the audacity to complain about East Fife not giving us more tickets.

But I can admit my mistakes, and you seem to be a good guy who is grounded, so I offer my apologies.

Sorry about your old man, and hopefully you can both get a ticket somehow. Failing that then I'm afraid you'll both have to climb that tower you can see from the stand, if indeed it's still there.

no,its not much different,similarly the ordinary punter in the street who can wrack up debt,appoint one of these companies to negotiate minimal repayments or in some cases nothing at all whilst living the life of riley and debt free after three years

agree and in your case the directors but unfortunately the system appears to allow it

Do you actually give a f**k about companies you have never heard of, or are you simply trying to point score?

Certainly what happened is indefensible, but it seems that you're taking every opportunity to seem offended on the behalf of others and are trying to use everything about what happened to proclaim what an evil institution DAFC is. It's done now, and we can only hope that lessons are learned (although if I was a local business there would be no chance I would deal with the club again). Time to move on and try to rebuild relationships, which I believe the club are doing. I don't think it should be forgotten, but there's no point dwelling in the past. I know of a couple of businesses who were hit badly by the club, but they're moving on and one of them, one of the worst affected and most lied to, even had the manager and players in a few weeks back to do some promotion (the only promotion they'll be engaged with for a while I suspect).

Sorry about your old man, and hopefully you can both get a ticket somehow. Failing that then I'm afraid you'll both have to climb that tower you can see from the stand, if indeed it's still there.

The power station, if that's what you mean, has gone. The last of it went here.

Was down in Newcastle when I heard the news. Gave a whoop of delight and did a little dance. Fantastic news and very excited for the new season. Been great seeing all the positive thoughts from opposition fans and hilarious taking it all the seethe from others :lol:

One question, if you had ordered a season ticket will it get sent out to you or do you have to pick it up at the ground?

Do you actually give a f**k about companies you have never heard of, or are you simply trying to point score?

:blink: how am i trying to point score?

Certainly what happened is indefensible, but it seems that you're taking every opportunity to seem offended on the behalf of others and are trying to use everything about what happened to proclaim what an evil institution DAFC is.

am I ? where am i proclaiming to be offended on behalf of others?

we agree on one thing,what happened is indefensible

of course when rangers went down the tubs it was ignored