Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Pars United Meeting Tonight:

Here is an update from the meeting, posted by JBPar on DAFC.net;

Lots covered in the Pars United meeting tonight over a period of about four hours!

I volunteered to help organise an open day style atmosphere and a number of events for the first home game of the season, against Arbroath on the 17th August.

Spoken to Marvyn already tonight and the green light has been given for The Gallery to be open (as well as the new non members Legends) for any punters wanting a drink pre/post match. Hopefully there will be some live music on the day in there too!

Off the top of our heads at the meeting, we thought of the following ideas to kick things off:

As many former players in attendance as possible. From the 60s through to the 00s, we'll have them in all bars/lounges to chat to folk throughout the day.

Stadium tours will be held for anyone that wants a behind the scenes look at the players area under the Norrie, to the hospitality lounges, the boardroom, access all areas.

We're going to ask if the manager and some of the players can arrive a bit earlier than usual, again to chat to supporters and ask any questions they might have about the coming season. Pre and post match, players will definitely be making appearances in lounges where they've perhaps been posted missing in the past.

Still need to speak to Craig Brown (on the list for tonight) but hopefully photographs can be taken for anyone who wants photos taken in the dressing rooms, boardroom, hospitality boxes, on the corner of the pitch (as long as it's not too near the game obviously) Anywhere within reason.

Hopefully try and get a couple of competitions organised for prizes from the club shop or ideally a sponsored event. Will get on the case tomorrow morning.

In other news from the meeting, the club are just shy of 1,500 season tickets sold now. Only 50 short of this stage last season which is remarkable given the uncertainty and circumstances of the past few weeks. Jock Stein Suite and Rennie Lounge are nearly booked to capacity already, over and above this total.

More patrons have provided funds in the past few days, but the more that can be found, as well as the PST funds continuing to grow, will obviously make the job a whole lot easier for Pars United moving forward. All the indications are pointing in the right direction, but inevitably more funds will be required as per the statement released on the official website yesterday.

If anyone has any particular suggestions for things they might like to see on the day of the Arbroath game, please feel free to email me on Jason@dafc.net and I'll pass it around the guys who are going to help pull this together.

Edited by dafcburty

Pars United Meeting Tonight:

Here is an update from the meeting, posted by JBPar on DAFC.net;

Lots covered in the Pars United meeting tonight over a period of about four hours!

I volunteered to help organise an open day style atmosphere and a number of events for the first home game of the season, against Arbroath on the 17th August.

Spoken to Marvyn already tonight and the green light has been given for The Gallery to be open (as well as the new non members Legends) for any punters wanting a drink pre/post match. Hopefully there will be some live music on the day in there too!

Off the top of our heads at the meeting, we thought of the following ideas to kick things off:

As many former players in attendance as possible. From the 60s through to the 00s, we'll have them in all bars/lounges to chat to folk throughout the day.

Stadium tours will be held for anyone that wants a behind the scenes look at the players area under the Norrie, to the hospitality lounges, the boardroom, access all areas.

We're going to ask if the manager and some of the players can arrive a bit earlier than usual, again to chat to supporters and ask any questions they might have about the coming season. Pre and post match, players will definitely be making appearances in lounges where they've perhaps been posted missing in the past.

Still need to speak to Craig Brown (on the list for tonight) but hopefully photographs can be taken for anyone who wants photos taken in the dressing rooms, boardroom, hospitality boxes, on the corner of the pitch (as long as it's not too near the game obviously) Anywhere within reason.

Hopefully try and get a couple of competitions organised for prizes from the club shop or ideally a sponsored event. Will get on the case tomorrow morning.

In other news from the meeting, the club are just shy of 1,500 season tickets sold now. Only 50 short of this stage last season which is remarkable given the uncertainty and circumstances of the past few weeks. Jock Stein Suite and Rennie Lounge are nearly booked to capacity already, over and above this total.

More patrons have provided funds in the past few days, but the more that can be found, as well as the PST funds continuing to grow, will obviously make the job a whole lot easier for Pars United moving forward. All the indications are pointing in the right direction, but inevitably more funds will be required as per the statement released on the official website yesterday.

If anyone has any particular suggestions for things they might like to see on the day of the Arbroath game, please feel free to email me on Jason@dafc.net and I'll pass it around the guys who are going to help pull this together.

Heard Stephen Simmons and Jim Hamilton are in VIP.

JJ on talks with new owners:

They have asked me to sign for two years and an option for longer or to step out of it. I think they are keen for me to get involved, not just on the management side but maybe on a lot of the football matters at the Club because they need a bit of help and guidance.

Full story... http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130802/manager-on-thursday_2208031_3334698

Dunfermline U20 3-2 St Mirren U20 tonight in the opening U20 league game of the season. The Pars came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 with two Jordan Moore penalties and trialist Robert Thomson grabbing the winner with minutes to spare. However, Stephen Husband was shown a straight red card in injury time. Does anyone know if his dismissal will mean he's suspended for Saturday again, due to him being over 20, or if it only counts in the U20 league despite him being an over-aged player?

The match report seems like we attacked well but a little week in defence. I have a feeling he will be suspended again which is stupid, no need to be diving in during a youth game. Seems unusual cos I can't remember him making a bad challenge before the Alloa match and he's done it twice in quick succession.