Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Anyone going tonight?

Here's a little preview from the Pars United website:

Dunfermline Athletic manager Jim Jefferies will be at the Alhambra Theatre tonight for the launch of Keep The Pars. It’s the third phase in an ongoing campaign to secure the future of the club and it follows the hugely successful efforts of fans fighting to Save The Pars and Buy The Pars.

Looking forward to the occasion, the much-admired manager has exclusively revealed that he intends to take the opportunity to thank the fans.

Jim said: “What our fans have already achieved, saving our club, when we were just days or even hours from liquidation and in dire adversity on several occasions, and going on the buy our club is absolutely phenomenal. I really can’t praise our supporters and everyone who has contributed to saving and buying Dunfermline Athletic highly enough. I intend to stand on stage tonight and show my appreciation. I also hope to share some thoughts on my ambitions and plans for the future.”

Ross McArthur, who has been a driving force for fans throughout the club’s recent travails, will be taking part in tonight’s Q&A alongside new chairman, Bob Garmory, and the recently appointed interim board.

Ross responded saying: “It’s great news that Jim Jefferies is going to make it along to the Alhambra tonight. He is doing a wonderful job in difficult circumstances and I can only imagine he’ll receive a very warm reception from us all.”

Doors open at 7 for a 7.30 start.

http://bit.ly/19PbWct

Ross responded saying: “It’s great news that Jim Jefferies is going to make it along to the Alhambra tonight. He is doing a wonderful job in difficult circumstances and I can only imagine he’ll receive a very warm reception from us all.

Do any Pars fans not rate JJ? Can't imagine any other manager going through two successive relegations yet keeping seemingly total faith and respect of the fans. He just feels like an institution. The players seem to worship him too.

Do any Pars fans not rate JJ? Can't imagine any other manager going through two successive relegations yet keeping seemingly total faith and respect of the fans. He just feels like an institution. The players seem to worship him too.

He's a c**t.

Nah, kidding of course. I'm not sure he's an institution though, and he's nowhere close to being one of our best managers. There are a few I'd rate above him easily.

Of course I'm happy with him at the moment, and I too don't know of anyone who isn't.

I think it's pretty hard to even start judging JJ like any manager as I don't think any Pars manager before has had to deal with the same financial issues he has. Possibly Macca towards the end I guess. He has done a great job in keeping the players focussed the best he can, happy to keep working hard despite the uncertainty and is clearly relishing the challenge. I don't think anybody would have blamed him for jumping ship when this all started nor if he left for a better opportunity in the future.

Jefferies has been the person we needed to have in charge of the team during this time and things could have been a lot uglier had someone less qualified been in the role. As a coach and a tactician I don't think he's outstanding by any means but he's good and he' s passionate and he works his arse off to help the team be successful. What more can you ask of a Dunfermline manager?

Our Home match vs Rangers on Saturday 28th December has been moved for Sky Sports live coverage. The game will now take place on Monday 30th December at 7:45pm. Not good... Will be a terrible crowd :( hopefully I'm proven wrong.

Four days between games is better than two. I don't think it will have much impact tbh.

People will still come out to see the biggest draw in the league play a brand new team at East End Park for the first time.

Was a bit disappointed with the turn out last night tbh. It seems a lot of people think that's everything settled and that's it, we're safe, no more needs to be done.

Too much complacency setting in already I feel. One question last night that was asked to Jim Jefferies last night and I thought it was ridiculous was "Do you think it's realistic to get back to back promotions ?"

Obviously Jefferies isn't going to completely dismiss it but the answer is a big fat no in my opinion.