Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Brutal to have lost Moff. All the best to him of course. You may get the odd weird game where he looks a bit disinterested for periods, but overall he is a top player. Has the knack of retaining possession and doing that almost McFadden like thing of skinning folk in less than aesthetically pleasing manner.

With the right man up front with him, he will score a good amount next season with some good service.

Saying that, I can somehow see a semi difficult first season for him. Even then, he'd still hit 12-15.

Great signing for The Pars on a couple of levels though. Well played.

Wonder if he's getting the £700/we that was rumoured, suppose we'll never know. Well played Jefferies though.

Yep, money no object. Congratulations on your new found wealth.

Been an Ayr supporter for over 60 years now. As someone mentioned in an earlier post, a very sad day to be an Ayr fan. Our club has an owner who can't wait to get rid of us but can't find a buyer. He's clearly given our useless manager a tiny budget so we can't compete with teams in our own league to try and retain our better players. Older Ayr and Dunfermline fans will be well aware of the old Rangers/Celtic tactic of taking the better players of their league opponents. Strengthens them, weakens the opposition. Looks like the Pars have become the OF of League 1. Moffat from Ayr, Buchanan from Airdrie for starters.

Can't blame Michael for moving to a better run club, for better wages and a much better chance of promotion. A no brainier for him. For us, unfortunately, it will result in a relegation battle next season. How do you replace someone who scored 27 goals playing for a pretty duff team. I wish him well, except against us of course. Not only does he score goals, he works his socks off in virtually every game. His first touch is excellent and he holds the ball up very well. His distribution is also excellent, hardly ever wastes a ball. His level of consistency is remarkable. I don't think I've seen him have what you would call a bad game. On top of all that, he hardly ever gets injured so is almost always available. In short, an excellent pro at this level. Even at 2nd tier level he was not out of his depth and scored about 10 goals despite Brian Reid playing hime wide right or left for some incomprehensible reason. Should be an excellent addition to the Pars squad. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't exceed his total for this season.

I'm on holiday in Cancun, it's the first wifi I've been on for 2 weeks, wtf Dunfermline, what the f**k? Can't beat Cowdenbeath? I am actually so disappointed, never thought I would be but I am, totally. Think of the league it would have been!

Yep, money no object. Congratulations on your new found wealth.

You're aware that many of us fans pay the club in excess of £20k a month? We also have by far the highest attendance in the league - by more than double. This is how we can afford to pay good wages.

Yes, we've been dirty b*****ds in the past, we are still doing our time for it. People suggesting we're 'at it' again, is laughable.

Two excellent signings, very happy with the players brought in so far.

Personally, assuming all players offered a new contract re-sign, I'm still looking for 1 Goalie, 1 Winger and 1 Target Man - another LB would be nice too but with the budget cut and squad size reducing then I'd guess that's probably unlikely. I still have faith in Whitts and Drummound, though. Would've just liked a more experienced and natural LB but I'm not concerned if we don't bring one in.

Our squad as it stands at the moment:

GK-

DEF-

Ryan Williamson

Ross Millen

Gregor Buchanan *

Lewis Martin

Alex Whittle

MID-

Josh Falkingham

Andy Geggan

Shaun Byrne

Ross Forbes

Ryan Thomson

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

ST-

Ryan Wallace

Allan Smith

Michael Moffat

* Not officially confirmed by the club yet, but Buchanan has announced it on his Twitter account.

Two excellent signings, very happy with the players brought in so far.

Personally, assuming all players offered a new contract re-sign, I'm still looking for 1 Goalie, 1 Winger and 1 Target Man - another LB would be nice too but with the budget cut and squad size reducing then I'd guess that's probably unlikely. I still have faith in Whitts and Drummound, though. Would've just liked a more experienced and natural LB but I'm not concerned if we don't bring one in.

Our squad as it stands at the moment:

GK-

DEF-

Ryan Williamson

Ross Millen

Gregor Buchanan *

Lewis Martin

Alex Whittle

MID-

Josh Falkingham

Andy Geggan

Shaun Byrne

Ross Forbes

Ryan Thomson

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

ST-

Ryan Wallace

Allan Smith

Michael Moffat

* Not officially confirmed by the club yet, but Buchanan has announced it on his Twitter account.

I reckon we'll have Scully again on loan.

Just waiting for those pesky Cowden fans to hack the thread with their inquisition of how we funded these signings.

Saw the Archie Campbell rumour on dot fud as well, will take that with a good pinch of salt however. Take it he was released by the Ton then? Can't remember him much from season 12-13, but he was decent. Don't know what he was like last season, obviously. Could any Ton fans elaborate?

The signing of Buchanan, a centre back, makes it even more likely that Morris is on his way.

Good day at the office for us.

We've offered Campbell a new contract but no news on his response yet, and as he's originally from Fife I wouldn't be surprised to see him go. He's got a massive amount of pace and although his finishing isn't great, if you're able to play him in behind defences he will score a lot as he'll get himself into good positions time and time again. I'll be pretty disappointed if he goes to be honest as he's one of the few players from last season who I reckon would genuinely be a stand out in this league, whereas most will be every bit as shite as they were last season.

Edited by Dunning1874

All the well played JJ stuff is hilarious. Aye what a hero. He's certainly mine

;)

Are you suggesting that they aren't good signings? Are you saying that getting players in early, thus giving them the maximum time to integrate and settle in to the team as well as more playing time and establishing an on field connection with their team mates is a shite bit of business? Edited by DA Baracus

Are you suggesting that they aren't good signings? Are you saying that getting players in early, thus giving them the maximum time to integrate and settle in to the team as well as more playing time and establishing an on field connection with their team mates is a shite bit of business?

Are you suggesting that JJ is a good manager. I think we should erect a statue of him outside the San Siro or at least a bust of his greeting torn faced puss

Ayr United = Pars feeder club. First Geggan and now Moffatt. Pleasing!

Yep

Must be pretty galling for supporters of other clubs who run a tight ship trying to pay bills watch a club who robbed the tax payer and many small businesses,offer 0 pence in the £ stay full time,hoover up players and general carry on regardless with a GIRUY attitude

Yep

Must be pretty galling for supporters of other clubs who run a tight ship trying to pay bills watch a club who robbed the tax payer and many small businesses,offer 0 pence in the £ stay full time,hoover up players and general carry on regardless with a GIRUY attitude

Indeed.

GIRFUY.

Are you suggesting that JJ is a good manager. I think we should erect a statue of him outside the San Siro or at least a bust of his greeting torn faced puss

I'm not saying he's good (or bad). But he's definitely done good business here, which is what people are saying. You rightly can slag him and us off for the pumping you gave us a East End in which you utterly played and outclassed us all over the pitch, but he's being praised for the signings he's just made.

Yep

Where/when did this happen?

Like it or not, the club were given their punishment and have served it. You can argue about the punishment all you want (I wouldn't have objected if we were relegated to the third division personally and given a year's transfer embargo) but it's done. The club either have to get on with business or they should just quit and fold the club right now. The punishment you think we should have got isn't going to happen, so what really do you want to happen? From your post you're desperate to paint the current incumbents as the same as the old ones (ascribing a GIRUY attitude when none exists with absolutely zero evidence to back up your claim), but in my experience thus far that's far from the truth. The club are making signings as they want to get promotion and be as successful as possible, but not in the way it was done before. We have released/let go of some players, thus freeing up wages. It's pretty simple adding and subtracting (although not simple enough for the previous 'custodians'). And as I say, you've fabricated the 'GIRUY attitude'.

Edited by DA Baracus

Hope the rumours re Archie Campbell are true, terrific wee player with bags of pace and a knack for getting goals. JJ is certainly getting the business done early.

Kerr Young has also signed a new deal with the club. I'm neither delighted or hugely disappointed with that, he had a good few games at the tail end of the season and the experience at a consistent level will only help him.

To be fair to us I think that's why we threw the second leg against Cowdenbeath. We as a club obviously realised we hadn't been punished enough and another year in League One was the least we desereved.

Dunfermline Athletic - care about sporting integrity.