Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure he is directly talking about us? If he is he's wrong and clearly just deflecting blame for lack of ambition or failing to attract crowds.

Our fans backed our club and as a result we can afford full time and three or four decent signings.

Deal-with-it-glasses-gif.gif

Not sure he is directly talking about us? If he is he's wrong and clearly just deflecting blame for lack of ambition or failing to attract crowds.

Our fans backed our club and as a result we can afford full time and three or four decent signings.

Deal-with-it-glasses-gif.gif

It's pretty obvious he means us.

Taken from the statement by the Ayr chairman linked above:

"Michael Moffat – We were all disappointed to lose Michael period never mind to a competitor, but the fact is there was no way we would be able to compete with the financial package they put on the table for him.

What we did do is offer him a more than competitive wage for this division, a job within the community department that would most likely go beyond his playing career and a coaching school with his name on it. I was also hoping that given his trouble with the SFA this year and the support we gave him during that time with continued financial and moral support that it would tip the balance in our favor.

He obviously believes that the short term benefits are worth the move and I can only thank him for the entertainment and goals that he provided during his time here. For those of you decrying the fact that we didn’t receive a transfer fee, under the current system we are not entitled to one. We all wish him luck, just not against us.

It baffles me how a team that a year ago were on the brink of extinction with no assets and debts far outweighing any reasonable chance of getting out of can offer such a rewarding package to a single player and while some may say we should have matched it pound for pound, there was no way given our goal of playing within the financial fair play rules that we would have been able to match it and still put together a supporting cast behind him. With the catalog of teams that have gone into administration or out of the game in the last eight years, it disappoints me that there seems to be no real consequences for financial misbehavior. If I had no moral compass, I would suggest that Ayr United should screw the creditors, tax payers and everyone else and end up debt free with a shiny bank balance. It may be viewed as a fault by some, but I am unwilling to play the game that way.

We will continue to strive to play fair and although for now we do have to inject additional income by support from the directors, the long term plan is to eventually succeed on merit alone and to achieve financial stability by living within our means."

Wow, I skimmed over the article and missed that bit.

What an utter gimp, well done just created bad feeling between the clubs.

In what way are we cheating or overspending?

I think our board should respond.

I think our board should respond.

They should just ignore it and continue to work on the good foundations they have laid out so far, no point responding to tear-strained rants.

Also I completely disagree with Pars Fan above regarding the plastic pitch. It will make us money in the long term, we should be aiming to expand and build on every revenue stream possible.

They should just ignore it and continue to work on the good foundations they have laid out so far, no point responding to tear-strained rants.

Also I completely disagree with Pars Fan above regarding the plastic pitch. It will make us money in the long term, we should be aiming to expand and build on every revenue stream possible.

I thought the club and stadium company were sererate entities? Surely any revenue from plastic pitches at the stadium would go to the Stadium company to help fund the costs of running that?

Have Dunfermline settled on a rent figure yet?

Are folk so thick to realise the money the club generates on our fan base and fan financial backing pays for all this? Jealous and raging mumbleclown by the sounds of it is their chairman.

I thought the club and stadium company were sererate entities? Surely any revenue from plastic pitches at the stadium would go to the Stadium company to help fund the costs of running that?

Rent is 40k per year I believe. There is a detailed document somewhere online that describes the situation with the stadium, I'll see if I can dig it out.

This is from Pars United when they initially took over the Club:

"The first 12 months of the amended lease will be rent free to assist the Club further. In years 2 to 5, the annual rent will be £40,000. From year 6 onwards there will be five yearly adjustments to the rent at a fixed rate equal to 3% per year."

Here is the document Islay mentions:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dafc.co.uk%2FstaticFiles%2F2%2Fbf%2F0%2C%2C10288~179970%2C00.pdf&ei=doCHU4LeJMGi0QWkhIHICA&usg=AFQjCNGkZSEbQ_IktEDR7V697SvZVXonew&sig2=1pdzVGxx801Ka3zMllgMhQ&bvm=bv.68114441,d.d2k

Edited by dafcburty

Rent is 40k per year I believe. There is a detailed document somewhere online that describes the situation with the stadium, I'll see if I can dig it out.

Yeah, it is. That was the figure mentioned last night.

Artificial pitch? I hope not! No matter what anyone says, in my opinion they're pish. Grass all the way.

I make no apologies for this. The above is fucking garbage and exceptionally backward thinking and archaic. It's simply untrue that artificial pitches are no good. Many these days are far superior to the garbage grass pitches some clubs have. Not only that they offer a consistent surface all year round.

Leaving the quality of the surface for now, the financial argument is beyond a no brainer. I'm stunned that fans of our club, a club that were a judge's decision away from going out of business forever, would want to turn down such a good and dependable money maker. It indicates massive ignorance and is unacceptably blase about the finances, and thus future, of the club. The club need to move forward and always need to be looking for new sources of income. To reject such a good source of income, and one that would save the club money as the team could train on it and would reduce call offs, is fucking obtuse, thick headed stupidity of the worst amd highest kind. It's stubborn crap mired in the past and totally closed minded at a time when moving forward and being fresh and forward thinking is vital to the club.

When the best arguements against it are 'it's not grass' or outright lies about unnatural bounces or the ball not running right (aye it would be much better for it to get stuck in the mud in winter or have a defender slide on a bare baked solid goalmouth in summer) or that it cause injuries (injuries never happen on grass pitches obviously) then you have to question the intelligence and motives of those saying it.

Edited by DA Baracus

I make no apologies for this. The above is fucking garbage and exceptionally backward thinking and archaic. It's simply untrue that artificial pitches are no good. Many these days are far superior to the garbage grass pitches some clubs have. Not only that they offer a consistent surface all year round.

Leaving the quality of the surface for now, the financial argument is beyond a no brainer. I'm stunned that fans of our club, a club that were a judge's decision away from going out of business forever, would want to turn down such a good and dependable money maker. It indicates massive ignorance and is unacceptably blase about the finances, and thus future, of the club. The club need to move forward and always need to be looking for new sources of income. To reject such a good source of income, and one that would save the club money as the team could train on it and would reduce call offs, is fucking obtuse, thick headed stupidity of the worst amd highest kind. It's stubborn crap mired in the past and totally closed minded at a time when moving forward and being fresh and forward thinking is vital to the club.

When the best arguements against it are 'it's not grass' or outright lies about unnatural bounces or the ball not running right (aye it would be much better for it to get stuck in the mud in winter or have a defender slide on a bare baked solid goalmouth in summer) or that it cause injuries (injuries never happen on grass pitches obviously) then you have to question the intelligence and motives of those saying it.

What this man said!