Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I honestly understand where the Ayr chairman, Ayr fans and other teams' fans are coming from in terms of anger that we seem to be signing, arguably, 3 or 4 of the best players in the league when we only exited administration 9 months ago. However, I would say in those 9 months, we've made a significant profit, mostly down to the Rangers' Scottish Cup game, and that has allowed us to remain FT this season, despite incurring losses. Are we spending money we don't have? No. It was said last night at the Supporters' Council meeting that between 50-75% of the profit from this season will be used next season to see us through. Are we making a big decision by staying FT when we will lose money? Of course. Is this the right thing to do - well, that's for people to debate. Personally, I am happy with the situation - we've made that money, it's sitting in the bank ready to use if it's needed; next season it will be needed so it will, mostly all, be used. I can see why, as I said at the start, other people looking in would be angry at this and see us as doing what we have been doing for the past 10-15 years and living outwith our means, and I can understand why people complain that we never paid a penny to the creditors and now we're signing guys like Michael Moffat; I completely see there point, I acknowledge it and I think I speak on behalf of all Pars fans when I say I honestly wish the creditors had got their money originally and they weren't ripped off; I also wish that we could've afforded something to pay them out from the CVA and that we're entirely grateful that they wrote off that money, many people and businesses losing thousands of pounds in the process, to save our club. I couldn't be more grateful to them. We all need to move on though, imo. We can't stand still and not sign a player who we can afford just because we've been in admin - we must strive to have the best possible squad at EEP that we can afford and that is what this BoD are doing. People may say we weren't punished enough - again, that is up for debate depending on individual opinions, but punishment is similar for all clubs so it wasn't as if we were given special dispensation. We served the punishment given to us and we're now trying to rectify our mistakes and be a better, community, club, for it. I'm looking forward to this season knowing we're now in safe hands with Pars United in charge and I'm looking forward to wholly concentrating on the footballing side of things. It's gonna be a great battle and I hope for promotion, but whatever happens, I'll enjoy the ride as I always do.

COYP! :)

Edited by dafcburty

We pay the electric to a separate company, obviously.

Originally Masterton took out a loan to pay for the stadium. He then created another company called stadia group or similar and they owned the stadium etc. This was also the group that tried to help Livingston and nearly crippled them too.

Unbelievably the bank of Scotland then gave Masterton more money to save him from going bankrupt and exposing their involvement with the poorly planned stadia group. Masterton then effectively wiped out the debt at the club by transferring the stadium to another company called masterton holdings. This was when we were in the SPL and Calderwood walked after being lied to.

Gavin then piled up more debt and wiped out the twelve million loan, now his businesses and money was all built on a house of cards and an entangled web.

He lied and cheated hundreds of businesses and people and sat in front of the now desperate fans and lied again, he also lied to the players to their face about wages. I'm guessing that there is a company somewhere that is taking back some of the money due for building the stadium and the loans to the bank. It's either 40k a year or nothing, that's all we can afford.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better than me, Masterton got away with it for so long because it was deliberately complex to hide accountability.

Soooooo...PUEEPL own the stadium and rent it to DAFC at £40k per annum. I'm assuming this company is made up of philathropists? Surely £40k aint enough to pay the electricity bill every year?

DAFC operating at a loss and surely the stadium company must be operating at a loss. Glad it's sustainable though.

I may be wrong, but I believe the rent is to cover the cost of PUEEPL buying EEP from the bank and that DAFC pay all the bills and pay for maintenance etc, not PUEEPL. Sorry if you already know this and I've misunderstood your post quoted above.

I may be wrong, but I believe the rent is to cover the cost of PUEEPL buying EEP from the bank and that DAFC pay all the bills and pay for maintenance etc, not PUEEPL. Sorry if you already know this and I've misunderstood your post quoted above.

DAFC pay £40k, all the maintenance costs, and all associated bills with EEP? Wow.

We pay the electric to a separate company, obviously.

Originally Masterton took out a loan to pay for the stadium. He then created another company called stadia group or similar and they owned the stadium etc. This was also the group that tried to help Livingston and nearly crippled them too.

Unbelievably the bank of Scotland then gave Masterton more money to save him from going bankrupt and exposing their involvement with the poorly planned stadia group. Masterton then effectively wiped out the debt at the club by transferring the stadium to another company called masterton holdings. This was when we were in the SPL and Calderwood walked after being lied to.

Gavin then piled up more debt and wiped out the twelve million loan, now his businesses and money was all built on a house of cards and an entangled web.

He lied and cheated hundreds of businesses and people and sat in front of the now desperate fans and lied again, he also lied to the players to their face about wages. I'm guessing that there is a company somewhere that is taking back some of the money due for building the stadium and the loans to the bank. It's either 40k a year or nothing, that's all we can afford.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better than me, Masterton got away with it for so long because it was deliberately complex to hide accountability.

After reading that I'm glad that we have a biscuit tin mentality. When did your club lose ownership of the ground?

DAFC pay £40k, all the maintenance costs, and all associated bills with EEP? Wow.

I believe so, yes. I think that's the reason that the club are looking for volunteers to help this close season with maintenance work at the stadium, such as painting etc, but as I said I may be wrong.

It's either 40k a year or nothing. It's all we can afford

Bit of double standards here. Fans bring in £x0000s per month and you claim your skint to owners of stadium. Based in this you must be running at some loss per month regardless of owning stadium or not.

Bit of double standards here. Fans bring in £x0000s per month and you claim your skint to owners of stadium. Based in this you must be running at some loss per month regardless of owning stadium or not.

The stadium is owned between 2 wealthy fans and pars united. The cost involved of purchasing the stadium from the bank was seen as too big an investment for no return. The fans that bought the stadium put a low rate lease on it to recoup some of their investment. Long term plan for the stadium guys is to sell it back to the club.

No the agreement with Lloyds bank was made before we put forward the idea of the Centenary Club. I don't think this was done dishonestly.

Regarding the stadium we as a club lost control of it when Masterton set up the Stadia Group. This was years ago, early 2000's or maybe even earlier?

I think that this shouldn't be allowed, the council should always have control over the ground as a matter of public interest. We effectively remortgaged our ground and tried to run an idiotic business venture where we would build a hotel and run a conference centre from EEP. Not a great idea when there is another centre just half a mile away!

Dominic Keane said that Masterton approached him as an employee of the bank. He arrived for meetings in a business car and used BOS paper. He thought Masterton had the full backing of the bank. When Livvy went bust as a result of the collapse of Stadia Group Keane the claimed that Masterton had invited him to meet a business associate who turned out to be a gangster at the Hilton hotel in Glasgow. He was threatened and told to stop criticising Masterton.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SHUT+IT..OR+ELSE%3B+Ex-football+chief+claims+gangster+threatened+him...-a0127910608

http://www.ianfraser.org/keane%E2%80%99s-last-stand/

The Ian Fraser blog is excellent and was a major source of info when the whole thing came to light. Masterton tried to threaten people on the dot net forum with legal action and he had control over the moderators for years despite it being an unofficial forum. Anyone who tried to expose the truth was immediately banned for a week and warned.

From this atmosphere you can see how it took so long for him to be exposed.

Lots of pars fans tried to over the years and got nowhere, we've had ten years of his BS.

Scary to think that this man was so high up in a banking institution.

That's normally how leases work. All profits we make from the stadium stay with us and we are liable for all running costs. £40k lease is pretty cheap.

I know the club want the stock of next seasons kit in the club shop by mid-June, but I wonder when they'll give us a preview of it? I like to get the new home top as early as possible. Going to get 'The Moff' 9 on the back just to piss Jimmy off*

*I am, off course, jesting. I am not 12 years old and a total thundercunt.

I know the club want the stock of next seasons kit in the club shop by mid-June, but I wonder when they'll give us a preview of it? I like to get the new home top as early as possible. Going to get 'The Moff' 9 on the back just to piss Jimmy off*

*I am, off course, jesting. I am not 12 years old and a total thundercunt.

Don't know if there will be a preview of it before it's released tbh. The board want to have an open day in June with the strip as the central focus.

Bored?

Yes. Very.

Painful to step on sometimes? Agreed.

Nothing can be that painful. The floor of hell is made up completely of loose lego bricks of random size and shape.

That's normally how leases work. All profits we make from the stadium stay with us and we are liable for all running costs. £40k lease is pretty cheap.

Landlords are frequently, if not usually, responsible for major repairs and maintenance of a business property. Also, the tenant usually pays a service charge, which hasn't been mentioned, nor has the insurance on the Stadium.

In our case, we pay a rent and make no money from the stadium car parking etc etc. Our rent is high because that is the level the stadium company pitch it at to maintain their business.

I'd be utterly astonished if DAFC can make a profit on the running of the stadium. If you do, kudos.

So....what's the situation with the training facility? Is that ironed out?

Edited by Pesadilla