Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Angry, angry man.

It's perfectly plausible that Moffat is on that much. That equates to about £36k which is not unreasonable given it's now his full time occupation. He was supposed to be on circa £300 p/w at Ayr. I don't know what he did for a living but even if he was on around £20k, he'd only be marginally better off going to Dunfy if that was to be true.

Rather than venting your spleen perhaps you could reply with facts?

Michael Moffat worked at the Ayr United youth academy.

Michael Moffat worked at the Ayr United youth academy.

Don't know what the wages for that are but I'm sure it'll not be particulary high, however, the point still stands. He's given up on coaching and part time training for a shot at full time. I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying he's not done it on a whim, and it's plausible that, in order to attract him, the remuneration had to be much better.

Don't know what the wages for that are but I'm sure it'll not be particulary high, however, the point still stands. He's given up on coaching and part time training for a shot at full time. I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm just saying he's not done it on a whim, and it's plausible that, in order to attract him, the remuneration had to be much better.

Lauchlan Cameron pretty much intimated that in his recent statement on the Ayr website. Certainly sounds as though DAFC made him an offer he couldn't refuse:

We were all disappointed to lose Michael period never mind to a competitor, but the fact is there was no way we would be able to compete with the financial package they put on the table for him.

What we did do is offer him a more than competitive wage for this division, a job within the community department that would most likely go beyond his playing career and a coaching school with his name on it. I was also hoping that given his trouble with the SFA this year and the support we gave him during that time with continued financial and moral support that it would tip the balance in our favor.

Angry, angry man.

It's perfectly plausible that Moffat is on that much. That equates to about £36k which is not unreasonable given it's now his full time occupation. He was supposed to be on circa £300 p/w at Ayr. I don't know what he did for a living but even if he was on around £20k, he'd only be marginally better off going to Dunfy if that was to be true.

Rather than venting your spleen perhaps you could reply with facts?

Oh dear.

Moffat is on at least £700 per week at Dunfermline.

He was on around £600 per week at Ayr with his two jobs, and has more than doubled his footballing wage with his move. Obviously the Ayr Chairman is fully aware of all the figures involved.

Edited by Cliche Guevara

Posted this on .net -

I've refrained from commenting so far on this post but I have to admit I initially cringed when I read our update last week. IMO on the face of it, it doesn't look good that we will make a loss next year - after all at the time of exiting administration the majority of us were keen to re-build relationships with the clubs & creditors we had shafted previously. Obviously signing some of our rivals best players will irk them & to read that in doing so we will spend more than we take in next season doesn't portray the correct message to those we wish to regain trust & respect as a club.

All in my opinion.

^^Agree 100%.

It's not creating the right image.

I'm not comfortable that ex creditors and people lost jobs because of the previous regime and now we're just doing the same thing again after only six months.

You'll prob get a yellow card for that DA?!

I'm not overly concerned tbh. Yeah, I agree that creditors have a right to be aggrieved about what happened previously but we're not spending anything we don't have unlike in the past and for the first time that I can recall in my lifetime DAFC are actually in the black. We do have the option of tapping PUEEPL for money if there is any shortfalls but I don't believe it will come to that.

On a tie-in deal with DAFC/Deep Sea World.....

It is hoped a further visit to Deep Sea World can be planned in July when some of the Pars players will be able to sign autographs, after they have swam with the sharks!

Not that I'm advocating human sacrifice (I am) but a DVD of wee Falky being fed to the sharks could rake in a good few quid from his many fans around the lower leagues.

On a tie-in deal with DAFC/Deep Sea World.....

It is hoped a further visit to Deep Sea World can be planned in July when some of the Pars players will be able to sign autographs, after they have swam with the sharks!

Not that I'm advocating human sacrifice (I am) but a DVD of wee Falky being fed to the sharks could rake in a good few quid from his many fans around the lower leagues.

Well he is a diver!!

Edited by nofixedability