Walking Down The Halbeath Road

As we highlighted in our Chairman's letter to season ticket holders, the financial climate of the game in Scotland remains extremely challenging for every Club, and DAFC is no exception. Particularly as we will again be operating as a full time Club in the third tier of Scottish Football, which makes planning for the future very difficult

Make it less challenging and less difficult by not operating full time status in the third tier and build slowly

But we can afford a full time budget for next season so why wouldn't we keep full time status?

Would take other fans more seriously if it wasn't a case of them folding their arms and saying it's unfair. We are the biggest club in the league and more importantly are full-time. Of course players will consider joining rather than stay part-time in front of sub 1000 crowds. Can you honestly say you would have a problem with it if it was your team in our position.

Don't buy the Old Firm reference either. They would buy these top players from other sides and then sit them on the bench. We're going to be using these guys as first team regulars.

Dunfermline style economics. Win or Bust.

How on Earth did you come up with that piece of genius?! It literally says in that small sentence that it is sustainable as funds won't be depleted.

I'd imagine that if we failed to win promotion again then we would go part time.

How are Airdrie getting on with thier finances incidentally? How's the ground rental working out? Win or bust. Airdrie style economics.

I don't genuinely mean that. I'm just being petty in respinse to nonsense. I wish every club, except Sevco and Celtic who I hope both die, well.

Edited by DA Baracus

How on Earth did you come up with that piece of genius?! It literally says in that small sentence that it is sustainable as funds won't be depleted.

I'd imagine that if we failed to win promotion again then we would go part time.

How are Airdrie getting on with thier finances incidentally? How's the ground rental working out? Win or bust. Airdrie style economics.

:lol:

Losing money year after year is not sustainable. Clearly.

Dunfermline are gambling on losing money this year, signing players on FT contracts on decent money in the hope of being able to get back to a level where their average crowds will sustain full time football.

If you dont get there this year, will you go for another year losing money? Not a chance.

In anyones language, that's win or bust.

Our financial woes are well documented, especially around the stadium costs. Our chairman has stated that he wont lose money and that we'll have to cut our cloth to suit. Hence we cant match the wages of many teams who finished below us, or even in a lower league.

Edited by Pesadilla

Dunfermline are gambling on losing money this year, signing players on FT contracts on decent money in the hope of being able to get back to a level where their average crowds will sustain full time football.

If you dont get there this year, will you go for another year losing money? Not a chance.

Not when we will finish the year with surplus in the bank far from win or bust.

Not when we will finish the year with surplus in the bank far from win or bust.

If wrapped my job and sold my house, I'd have a surplus at the end of the year. The question is "Is that sustainable?", clearly it isn't.

Dunfy fans are getting their knickers in a twist at the obvious being pointed out. Odd.

If wrapped my job and sold my house, I'd have a surplus at the end of the year. The question is "Is that sustainable?", clearly it isn't.

Dunfy fans are getting their knickers in a twist at the obvious being pointed out. Odd.

It is sustainable for this season though, end of discussion.

The JJ old firm style master plan proceeds apace. Sign your most likely promotion competitor's better players to boost your squad and weaken theirs. That's Moffat from Ayr, Buchanan from Airdrie, and possibly Stirling from Stranraer and Campbell from Morton still to come. Good management and boardroom tactics but even the most blinkered Pars fan must be able to see how it sticks in the craw of the rest of us. Yet another club rises like a Phoenix from the ashes of administration to shaft the opposition.

Best was "Dunfermline showing an interest in Hemmings" just before the playoffs. Well that went well. Not like Dunfermline to try anything underhand.

Seems the Airdrie fans are a tad upset at us cherry picking their best players. Good.

You've got a decent player in Gregor, my POTY last season, not the finished article but FT football should help him. Can't grudge him, or Dunfermline, for offering him the chance. As much as I'd have liked to see him say with us, it's clear we're not on the up.

You seem to be confusing my clear and honest opinion on your finances as some sort of anger. You're wrong.

It's typical bunker mentality that those on the inside dont see what's going on, or chose to ignore it, when the rest of the world can.

Win or Bust.

The Old Firm was a rivalry between Celtic and a now dead club. Therefore, the comparison, before taking into proper consideration, is false.

Airdrie fans seem extremely upset that it's Dunfermline Buchanan has signed on for. Pleasing.

If we don't go up this year then we'll be going PT next season. Our chairman, Bob Garmory, confirmed this in The Courier during the week. I can't post a link up to that article atm as I'm on my phone but I'll do it tonight once I'm home from the Supporters' Council meeting at EEP and I'm on my laptop.

Grainger announced on Twitter that, at the moment, he won't be at Dunfermline next season.

Wouldn't be bothered if he leaves. Didn't think he offered much and the reliance on his long throws in the playoff final didn't bode well.