Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

He got a cameo, think most fans were expecting him to start, get a goal, then get subbed to a standing ovation.

I think the fact that it was Ryan fucking Wallace who started ahead of him is the fact that irks me.

Then I remember D.A.F.C saying we started weaker this season when our squad contained Ryan fucking Wallace last season.

Gavin fucking Reilly is worse.

Gavin Reilly has certainly achieved enough in his career to say he should be better.

Presently though I'd probably say Wallace was the better player based purely on how they've played for Dunfermline, which says allot for how poor Reilly has been.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Gavin Reilly has certainly achieved enough in his career to say he should be better.

Presently though I'd probably say Wallace was the better player based purely on how they've played for Dunfermline, which says allot for how poor Reilly has been.

Early on at East End, yes, last season he was utter pish.

Early on at East End, yes, last season he was utter pish.

He scored ten goals in the league as a sub, he was pish but not as desolate as you'd think. Even with that he still contributed.

Reilly has time to come good but at this moment I'd lose him in January.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

He scored ten goals in the league as a sub, he was pish but not as desolate as you'd think. Even with that he still contributed.

Reilly has time to come good but at this moment I'd lose him in January.

Moffat scored 12 and missed about 20 sitters too.

Coming on for half an hour against tiring part timers does not a good player make.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What happened to this side?

Look at the fight and skill, now we are utter pish but have signed better players supposedly?

The second goal is just orgasmic.

Josh, Reid and Wallace. Utter pish players.

get in the sea AJ

I'd imagine soom of the more zoomy zoomers will be calling for his head now.

After 5 defeats in a row questions do have to start being asked though, if we lose to St Mirren and Ayr as well I think most will be thinking it's time for the chop.

:rolleyes:

To address the point you actually made, as much as I liked falky he didn't have much involvement in any of those goals, neither did Reid so not really sure why you're using that game as an example, Wallace had a good game that day. That game was largely down to Faiss being a fantastic player. Jo Cardle also featured heavily in almost every one of our attacks that match.

That Ayr side were a lot worse than the teams we are facing now, including the current AYr side.

Our team's performances are also largely based on confidence, our 14 games before that we had 11 wins 2 draws and 1 loss, Ayr had 7 wins and 7 losses in their last 14.

The defenses and tactits we are facing this season are a lot better than we faced in that league.

It is a lot easier to look sharper, fitter, more skillful and have more fight when you are a Full-time team playing part-timers.

Our defensive mistakes were not punished nearly as often, nor did missed chances come back to haunt us.

I agree, we should have kept Falky, I think most fans do, McCabe's ineffectual, pedestrian performances make the decision to let him go even more frustrating, but Wallace was pish and Reid would both cost to much and not be willing to be a backup to WIlliamson, which he would have been.

Settle yourself down a bit for a couple of weeks, aye? 

Edited by TheMessiah

Reid would have been a starter for sure and I'm sure we'd have offered him terms had that court case not been hanging over him. As it happens, it was thrown out and he'd already signed with an Icelandic team by then. If we could have persuaded Marc McAusland to stay that would have been superb.

As for the more general point, I wonder if we're going to have to go to a 4-2-3-1 for a while to try and get a bit more solidity at the back while allowing the likes of Higginbotham, Cardle, even Moffat some freedom in the 3 behind the striker. We really need to close the huge gaps between the lines and that might be the way forward. Not convicted we'd be creating much going forward if we continued to hoof it long but maybe changing shape would help being about a change there too.

Yep, the way we deliberately kept punting balls in behind the full back in the second half hoping that something would happen was genuinely incredible, it looked like a deliberate tactic aswell.

The eternal optimist that I am I still believe we have a squad that could comfortably be outside of this relegation farce and hoping to fluke a playoff place, I don't believe we have the manager though. Keep this diddy in charge and we'll finish a best position of eighth. Ayr signed Balatoni, we offered extensions to Fordyce and BRE.