Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, the way we deliberately kept punting balls in behind the full back in the second half hoping that something would happen was genuinely incredible, it looked like a deliberate tactic aswell.

The eternal optimist that I am I still believe we have a squad that could comfortably be outside of this relegation farce and hoping to fluke a playoff place, I don't believe we have the manager though. Keep this diddy in charge and we'll finish a best position of eighth. Ayr signed Balatoni, we offered extensions to Fordyce and BRE.

Bit harsh on Dycey. The guy has played less than half a dozen games after almost a year on the shelf! 

Think Ashcroft and Wedderburn would be our best shout.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yep, the way we deliberately kept punting balls in behind the full back in the second half hoping that something would happen was genuinely incredible, it looked like a deliberate tactic aswell.

The eternal optimist that I am I still believe we have a squad that could comfortably be outside of this relegation farce and hoping to fluke a playoff place, I don't believe we have the manager though. Keep this diddy in charge and we'll finish a best position of eighth. Ayr signed Balatoni, we offered extensions to Fordyce and BRE.

:lol: Laughably fickle stuff. Now the manger is a diddy! Oh and we signed Ashcroft which you've conveniently left out.

Of course there are issues but they can still be sorted. Calderwood lost 7 games in a row once.

But aye, lets spunk money we don't have on paying off this management team and hiring another. And whilst we're at why not just spunk a load more money we don't have on players like we did before the club nearly died?

Edited by DA Baracus

We're desperate for guys like Geggan and Fordyce to start turning up again. When they're performing well, other players thrive off that. Can't help but think Higginbotham has the same effect but we just haven't seen him put in the shift he's capable of.

Bit harsh on Dycey. The guy has played less than half a dozen games after almost a year on the shelf! 

Think Ashcroft and Wedderburn would be our best shout.

It is harsh but he evidently isn't up to it, the year out has evidently stunted his development, he didn't look all that hot defensively to begin with. Great guy, not so great a player.

[emoji38]Laughably fickle stuff. Now the manger is a diddy! Oh and we signed Ashcroft which you've conveniently left out.

Of course there are issues but they can still be sorted. Calderwood lost 7 games in a row once.

But aye, lets spunk money we don't have on paying off this management team and hiring another. And whilst we're at why not just spunk a load more money we don't have on players like we did before the club nearly died?

Fucking hell.

Yes the manager is a diddy, he's lost 7 games in a row against full time sides, that's the epitome of being a diddy. I left out Ashcroft because that's been a good signing, offering extensions to Fordyce and BRE wasn't.

Of course the issues can be sorted, it's one thing saying that and another thing them actually happening, is AJ the man to sort them out? The fact he's went 7 games unable to get even a draw against a full time side having had months to prepare would say no.

Yes, let's do that, because that's exactly what I said. Word for word. I actually want us to start offering out 5 grand contract again, surprised you didn't pick that up? I precisely said I want the club to risk it's future by overspending. I definitely said that.

Give your head a wobble man ffs.

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

What happened to this side?

Look at the fight and skill, now we are utter pish but have signed better players supposedly?

The second goal is just orgasmic.

Josh, Reid and Wallace. Utter pish players.

get in the sea AJ

Away you go :lol:

That team was awesome because they were up against part-time diddies. We got away with the defensive errors because the opposition were that pish that they couldn't capitalise. 

Reid is a very sound full back and could have smoked a cigar when he played with us, totally strolled it. Big Marc McAusland was the same. 

The biggest mistake AJ made, IMO, was not signing two competent full backs. I like Martin and Williamson but they just can't cut the mustard in this league. Fordyce has made a shakey start but he's been out for a full year. Ashcroft doesn't really look like a good replacement for Marc. We also don't have Fais who was integral to the way we played last season. 

AJ isn't getting the best out of the players, obviously. We've got the nucleus of a good, solid 6th/7th placed team but we're struggling. He needs to revolutionise his tactics and nail his first team down. 7 defeats in a row to full-time teams is very, very disappointing. Give him more time to get it right. We've been out this league for what, 4 years? We need to remember we're a newly promoted team and it was always going to be a tough start but I don't think anyone pictured us bottom even this early.

Signs aren't good but let's give him an opportunity to get it right. Although, in saying that, if we get beat by St. Mirren and Ayr then it could be Goodnight Vienna. 

That shouldn't be happening.

If we get 6 points from Ayr and St Mirren, plausible but unlikely. Our 9 points will be equal the points gained from QoTS in there first season up and they still got in the playoffs.

We are pretty rancid so we'd need to kinda improve though.