Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is AJ under any pressure or is it too early in the season !!

If we're sitting in the bottom 2 before Christmas, then he'll be under pressure. The fans aren't happy just now but we are only a quarter of the season gone. Just my opinion, but I can't see us getting much points between now and Christmas the way we're playing and can see him getting turfed.

Can we afford to pay off a manager to stay up? I'm not sure. Can we afford to go straight back down to the seaside league? Absolutely bloody not and it would be a disgrace considering our resources.

Fans are disgruntled at the moment but the win over Ayr lifted a lot of pressure off of AJ, a general level of level-headed understanding but still with an expected standard has given a message of "this isn't good enough, improve."

I think AJ finally dropping McCabe would help, as well as finding a defensive unit that trusts each other and is solid.

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Fans are disgruntled at the moment but the win over Ayr lifted a lot of pressure off of AJ, a general level of level-headed understanding but still with an expected standard has given a message of "this isn't good enough, improve."

I think AJ finally dropping McCabe would help, as well as finding a defensive unit that trusts each other and is solid.

When did this happen?

U

7 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Can we afford to pay off a manager to stay up? I'm not sure. Can we afford to go straight back down to the seaside league? Absolutely bloody not and it would be a disgrace considering our resources.

You realise if the club can't afford to pay off the management team and hire a new one then neither will happen? Saying "but we can't afford not to pay him off!" means nothing now. The club has no credit facility and so can't spend money it doesn't actually have.

The club could afford to go down but it would have to go part time

Edited by DA Baracus

Is the manager getting the best from his resources?

Is the manager making tactical errors?

Have we been naïve in terms of signings and thinking certain players would be good enough?

Are other teams with less resources getting better results and more from their players?

If we targeted top four then has the season been a failure so far?

With the first few games, you could have (and I think we all did) put it down to a 'bad start', but we've yet to shake that off and really get started. Might be straw-clutching here, but one of the few 'positives' is that we haven't been pumped in terms of the scoreline in the league, we've lost 4 games by a one goal margin and should have done so much better than the games in which we've lost by 2 (Raith and United).

We've got what we deserve so far this season, but we know that it's just not been good enough. It's up to Johnston to start making the right decisions tactically and with his team selection.

I'd have thought staying in the division would have been your remit this season, anything else being a bonus, but with the likes of Clark, Farid, Higginbotham it's pretty clear you have speculated to accumulate a bit and were aiming for the playoffs, bit of a gamble as you look like you won't be anywhere near them.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd have thought staying in the division would have been your remit this season, anything else being a bonus, but with the likes of Clark, Farid, Higginbotham it's pretty clear you have speculated to accumulate a bit and were aiming for the playoffs, bit of a gamble as you look like you won't be anywhere near them.

:lol:

What are we paying these players and what is the club's budget?

14 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You'd have thought you'd have accepted the fact that we went into administration after cheating for a long time, nearly went bust, managed somehow to get a CVA accepted, spent 3 seasons in the seaside leagues and are now struggling at the foot of the division we were leading when it went tits up.

Apparently not - it seems you're still utterly desperate to hear that it's all going horribly wrong again (even though we recently reported a modest profit for the first time in years)

Kinda sad, really.

Edited by da_no_1