Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely no idea what Dunfermline have done to his shooting ability, as it was never an issue with us. If anything you would say he was pretty clinical. 

It's just the pressure of playing for a big team. He had no bother scoing against Morton as he probably thought they were some Ayrshire Junior outfit. 

If the rumours are to be believed about Ryan Williamson going on loan to East Fife, it would certainly free up some wages for a couple of players. Think AJ intimated that he'd only be signing players that would improve the squad and probably be first-starters a la Callum Morris. 

Unless there's a brilliant player out of contract/up for loan that we could realistically afford, then I don't see the need for any more signings. But then again, you're always wary in case Clark or Moffat pick up an injury. Reilly just can't cut it. 

Unless there's a brilliant player out of contract/up for loan that we could realistically afford, then I don't see the need for any more signings. But then again, you're always wary in case Clark or Moffat pick up an injury. Reilly just can't cut it. 

Agreed. Hypothetically, Clark and Moffat both being injured/suspended at the same time would leave us humped. Even if either of them are playing, Reilly starting with no more backup isn't ideal at all. With that in mind, I'd like to see another striker brought in if possible.

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

Agreed. Hypothetically, Clark and Moffat both being injured/suspended at the same time would leave us humped. Even if either of them are playing, Reilly starting with no more backup isn't ideal at all. With that in mind, I'd like to see another striker brought in if possible.

Genero Zeefuik is out of contract. Pretty sure he scored for fun when he played for Hearts in the Championship. Whether we'd be able to afford him is a totally different matter. 

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

If the rumours are to be believed about Ryan Williamson going on loan to East Fife, it would certainly free up some wages for a couple of players. Think AJ intimated that he'd only be signing players that would improve the squad and probably be first-starters a la Callum Morris. 

How would one player going on loan free up wages for two players? Have you been using the Masterton calculator

6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Callum Smith has been scoring for fun in the U20's would he not be worth a shot in the first team should the worst happen.

Johnson doesn't have the baws to go with that unless we have cover.  I think we'll see another striker in this window. 

10 minutes ago, P475 said:

Johnson doesn't have the baws to go with that unless we have cover.  I think we'll see another striker in this window. 

he threw duthie in could see a few others in the U20's making it in 

32 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

he threw duthie in could see a few others in the U20's making it in 

I agree we have some talented players in the 20's, but I can't see Johnson using any of them other than a wee run off the bench. He'll defiantly want more experienced cover. 

Ill be amazed if we don't see another striker soon. Hopfully a RB too. 

How would one player going on loan free up wages for two players? Have you been using the Masterton calculator

I didn't allude to El Alagui leaving tbf because others already did before me. So Williamson going on loan and El Alagui leaving would mean two in two out.