Walking Down The Halbeath Road

8 minutes ago, P475 said:

There are still many fans who don't have access to internet. Then there are folks like me who won't put their bank details into a computer. I don't have PayPal or any kind of online banking. This now means I can't go to this game unless I get someone to order me a ticket. 

A ticket tout could maybe make a couple of quid out of this scenario, buy tickets and sell them out side the ground. I know they'll have to give their name, but you could claim that your pals couldn't make it to the game so you sold the spare tickets. 

As far as I'm concerned some smart people will turn over a few quid via this set up, and it'll not take long until they do. 

I would imagine you would still be able to buy a ticket from a cash gate on the day considering the amount of tickets sold is pretty low.

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

I would imagine you would still be able to buy a ticket from a cash gate on the day considering the amount of tickets sold is pretty low.

I hope they let us know soon, because I don't fancy turning up to find a can't get in. 

On 1/22/2017 at 11:20, DAFC. said:

Apart from his finishing, Moffat has been absolutely brilliant since getting back into this squad. Farid can't run the length of himself. 

He's been good but the lack of any kind of quality in the final third can't be ignored.

30 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Last time at Falkirk the police didn't allow any tickets to be sold on the day apparently - hence the meltdowns.

40 minutes ago, P475 said:

There are still many fans who don't have access to internet. Then there are folks like me who won't put their bank details into a computer. I don't have PayPal or any kind of online banking. This now means I can't go to this game unless I get someone to order me a ticket. 

A ticket tout could maybe make a couple of quid out of this scenario, buy tickets and sell them out side the ground. I know they'll have to give their name, but you could claim that your pals couldn't make it to the game so you sold the spare tickets. 

As far as I'm concerned some smart people will turn over a few quid via this set up, and it'll not take long until they do. 

I'm not sure there's "many" fans who don't have access to internet - or at least, go to games with someone who does. Personally I don't know anyone who goes to away games and doesn't have internet access. There will be a few, but not many.

Anyway, I agree that it seems silly that they're not allowing fans to buy tickets in the club shop and give them the details when you buy. Can't see any good reason why they can't make this happen - especially with the additional £1 charge online.

But still, boycotting because a website isn't working for 1 day? Madness!

1 hour ago, P475 said:

This seems a pretty helpful option from the club.. you can go in and they'll help do it for you..

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Away_Ticket_Sales&ID=9778

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

1950.jpg?w=940&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Sorry if somebody has already posted this!

Seeing as you're here, why don't you tell us how Cowden are getting on? Normally teams have to go bust to go from second tier to non-league in such a short space of time but Cowden seem to be doing it on sporting merit. 

2 hours ago, DBA said:

Last time at Falkirk the police didn't allow any tickets to be sold on the day apparently - hence the meltdowns.

I'm not sure there's "many" fans who don't have access to internet - or at least, go to games with someone who does. Personally I don't know anyone who goes to away games and doesn't have internet access. There will be a few, but not many.

Anyway, I agree that it seems silly that they're not allowing fans to buy tickets in the club shop and give them the details when you buy. Can't see any good reason why they can't make this happen - especially with the additional £1 charge online.

But still, boycotting because a website isn't working for 1 day? Madness!

But saying "many" fits my grumpy agenda better DBA. I'm old and farty, it's my duty to whinge and be grumpy at new fangled stuff like this :wacko:

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

This seems a pretty helpful option from the club.. you can go in and they'll help do it for you..

http://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Away_Ticket_Sales&ID=9778

Thanks neebs:thumsup2

Seeing as you're here, why don't you tell us how Cowden are getting on? Normally teams have to go bust to go from second tier to non-league in such a short space of time but Cowden seem to be doing it on sporting merit. 

We're certainly falling down the leagues at an impressive rate! Any decent loan players we could borrow? Somebody who can play left back preferably.

Had heard a rumour we almost had Talbot on loan after his injury but he's been doing well since getting back - our loss!

Thanks for asking anyway ya dick [emoji38]

When you order the tickets can you pick them up from the club or do you need to post?

It does seem like extra hassle and expense for something that's already overpriced and that a few idiots ruined it for everyone.

No real problem in the grand scheme of things but it is excluding some and making it difficult. Surely season ticket holders or centenary club members should be able to buy tickets directly from the shop? The club already has their address.

Perhaps the SFA can setup a known good fans website or membership scheme that you register for once you give a club your address? It's all too easy for them and the police to roll out a punishement to everyone though rather than deal with issues like sectarianism or a few idiots causing bother. It will drive down crowds for a while.

Hopefully this won't last long the first game involving both Celtic and Rangers where sectarian singing is widespread the police are hardly going to ban every address from buying tickets in the future meaning the whole thing is pointless and is canned. 

On the day sales are allowed so may as well make before the day tickets as tough to buy as possible. The idea of " all ticket" matches will then become a running joke similar to the fife derby u turn to allowing on the day sales. If this causes issues, they'll really have to revisit the rules.

In the last few decades, the worst behaviour I have seen from Pars fans at games include such atrocities as...

A cup of tea was thrown
A linesman was skelped with a pie
Some boys celebrated near the corner flag when we scored two magnificent goals against a team from two leagues above last season
A streaker gave himself some carpet burns
A bear in a tank offended some people

I also saw an act of theft of some confectionery from the pie stall at an away game. It was an audacious, brazen piece of criminality, bordering on artful. I ain't no grass so I ain't saying nuffink more on that.

I've seen a few occasions where fans have went on the pitch. Think only once was during the match though. 

Worst thing I saw and it was pretty recent, within the last couple of seasons anyway. A guy punched an old steward in the face down the front of the Norrie stand. Brutal to watch.