Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hopefully we can keep Wedderburn, Talbot, Morris, Moffat and Higginbotham. Would be ideal if we could get McMullen for another season unless Celtic release him then we've got every chance of signing him permanently. 
Not too sure on Herron or McCabe. McCabe was decent on Saturday and if he can keep performing like that instead of hiding then he's in with a shout of getting a contract extension. 
Notice on the club's Twitter page that next season will be some sort of tribute to 1968 cup winning team. If our home kit is the same as that season's kit, I will blow my load. I think it is the ultimate Pars kit. 

Surely you'll be releasing Moffat this time? As will surely be looking to challenge for promotion. Time for him to come home and fire us to fourth in league one next season [emoji23]

He's brilliant at everything except scoring goals :lol: I'd like to see him stay (as backup at least). Geggan maybe warrants another season as well. He's been decent at right-back but, as you say, if it's promotion we're looking for, we may need to hunt for better quality players. 

Based on our form second half of the season, we're not too far away from being a promotion-chasing side. For me, the starting 11 all probably deserve a new deal (if we can with loans etc.) - but we need at least another right-back, centre-mid and 2 strikers that will be in or around the starting line-up.

I wouldn't lose any sleep about any of the subs leaving - but our aim has got to be finding someone who can regularly put the ball in the net.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, how would you rate our season out of 10? Also, who's your outfield POTY, seeing as Murdoch is the obvious choice for overall.

solid 6, would have preferred to have been safer, sooner though. Higgy or Clark for me.

Just had a fucking miserable thought about next season to, we will most likely lose Ayr, Rovers, Hibs and one of Dundee Utd or Falkirk.

These will be replaced by Livi and most likely by Inverness, Hamilton and Alloa, making the stadium list for next season look like this:

Falkirk stadium/Tannadice

Cappielow

Palmerston

Paisley 2021

Dumbarton Fitba stadium

Pasta Bowl

Recreation Park

Caledonian

New Douglas

Fucking ew, praying that Dundee go down/ United stay down.

6/10. Solid first season back. Better start to the season and we could have been potentially chasing a play-off spot, but oh well.

Hopefully the revenue that comes with playing in a better division will result in more squad depth next season so we can properly push for a play-off place. 

So, how would you rate our season out of 10? Also, who's your outfield POTY, seeing as Murdoch is the obvious choice for overall.

5/10

Eh, the second part of your question is an odd one, I still reckon Callum Morris is our best outfield player by a bit but you can't give it to someone who's played half a season, can you?

All of our outfield players have had good games, most of the time though they've been a bit "meh" with the occasional howler thrown in, I'd go for McMullan in that his lows aren't as bad as Higginbotham, when he has a stinker, it's howling.

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 07:19, Poet of the Macabre said:

5/10 - should probably already be safe based on the squad available (and without any major injuries throughout the season, apart from BRE). AJ's inability to change things during a game has been frustrating, so hopefully he can prove on that next year.

POTY is a tough one, not had a stand-out player over the full course of the season. Probably stump for Higgy - most assists and joint-second top-scorer.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

5/10

Eh, the second part of your question is an odd one, I still reckon Callum Morris is our best outfield player by a bit but you can't give it to someone who's played half a season, can you?

All of our outfield players have had good games, most of the time though they've been a bit "meh" with the occasional howler thrown in, I'd go for McMullan in that his lows aren't as bad as Higginbotham, when he has a stinker, it's howling.

I'd say this is pretty much spot on. McMullan having a poor game (by his standards) just means that he's anonymous and no worse than that. When Higginbotham has a stinker, you just want him to get so far to f**k and never pull on a jersey again - it can be that frustrating. 

5.5/10 for me; a completely average season. We've had season after season of extremes since 2010 so I'm happy with mid-table mediocrity for a change. At the moment, I have confidence in AJ building a strong squad capable enough of challenging for a play-off spot. We don't have a bad squad and we certainly don't have a particular weak spot; just places that need strengthened and a bit of depth would be welcomed. Players like Hopkirk, Spence and BRE simply aren't good enough to even be back-up options if we want to be in the top 4 next season.

Edited by smpar

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:28, D.A.F.C said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-rangers-stars-boozed-up-10198019

:lol:

Nicky nicky, what's the time?

Ah pure fowt in afganstan so ah did, mah brer is Nicky clark

Oh dear, Nicky trying to be the big I am but failing and just showing what a dick he is. Must run in the family.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:09, TheMessiah said:

Suck my balls Gav you fucking loser.

ETA

Q3ZgUi7.png

m0b9mRd.gif

You seriously trying to compare Snicky to Dobbie and there was me naively thinking you were a reasonably stable character.

Dobbies's double was delightful last week and I see Nick couldn't even score against Raith, it must be a while now even though he seems to be getting lots of game time!Not to worry you play a part time team on Saturday so I'm sure everything will be planned to get him back on the goals trail. 

Your No 1 striker this season and next, does that not dishearten you?

You seriously trying to compare Snicky to Dobbie and there was me naively thinking you were a reasonably stable character.
Dobbies's double was delightful last week and I see Nick couldn't even score against Raith, it must be a while now even though he seems to be getting lots of game time!Not to worry you play a part time team on Saturday so I'm sure everything will be planned to get him back on the goals trail. 
Your No 1 striker this season and next, does that not dishearten you?

oft!

can you tell us about the time he fucked your bird? seems like it actually broke your heart [emoji23]