Video game music

Swampy

Somebody posted Puzzle Bobble a while back, but the original Bubble Bobble deserves a mention for pressing all the happy buttons in the player's brain.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

System Shock 2's music didn't really fit with the game, IMO, and I've always had it turned off when playing. But I always liked the end credits tune.

Always liked David Whittaker's intro tune to Zombi on the Atari ST. There doesn't appear to be a decent video of it on YouTube, so I guess I'll have to make one myself.

Edit: and here it is!

I still get the tune from Grandstand's BMX Flyer handheld stuck in my head, despite not playing it since the '80s. Thankfully, some crazed genius made an absolutely perfect Flash version of the game, which can be found here.

The loading/menu music to R-Type on the Atari ST. It's all good, but that one's the best. Plus, I think it was different to the other conversions.

The menu music for Chuck Rock on the Atari ST was regularly ripped and used by cracking groups back in the day. It's a nice jolly little tune.

(starts at 0:37)

• 2 weeks later...

This tune used to really get me hyped up for the race ahead, especially after the weird sound effect as the camera panned in

This tune is just so ridiculously chilled that you could easily spend hours playing, sadly you move on to the next tune fairly quickly if you're ot just fucking about

Bit younger than most folk here so have no idea about any of the games that were out before PS1. These are my favourites that haven't been mentioned.

Call of Duty: Finest Hour. Memories.

Uncharted (the whole trilogy has a great soundtrack tbf)

And Crash Team Racing!

Archived