Breaking Bad

Kejan

Just finished watching the series this morning and would have to say it is right up there with one of the best things I have seen on TV or film.

I posted earlier that I thought they may have taken it one series too far but having been compelled to watch the last 5 or 6 episodes in quick succession I have changed my mind.

The last couple of episodes were awesome.

Perhaps someone should start a Breaking Bad Discussion thread for those who have watched the whole series with a warning to those who haven't finished it not to read it!

I'll get on it.

Just wait until the next episode in the garage...

Insane scene.

By the way, I'm now up to 711 billion cooks per click, $311 trillion per click. Have also earned the Burnout achievement and have total earnings of over $92 quintillion :thumsup2

Edited by banana

Insane scene.

By the way, I'm now up to 711 billion cooks per click, $311 trillion per click. Have also earned the Burnout achievement and have total earnings of over $92 quintillion :thumsup2

I havent actually played it for ages, god knows what im up to lol

Just wait until the next episode in the garage...

Just watched Episode 9 and your right!

Powerful scene.

7 episodes left until i complete it. Gonna watch Episodes 10-12 tonight and watch the final 4 episodes tomorrow night.

This has to be the greatest TV programme I've seen since The Pacific a few years back :(

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I finished the last episode on Monday. The finale was well handled and gave us closure, the drama was better than the baws out action sequences. It's difficult to split The Wire, The Sopranos, and Breaking Bad but I'll probably always come down on the side of The Wire - irrationally I might add. Bryan Cranston's performance will go down as one of the finest in TV and film. Ultimately I'm gutted I've finished it. I look forward to going back to it in a few years time and enjoying it once more, like I did with The Wire.

PS: Dat alternative ending.

I finished the last episode on Monday.  The finale was well handled and gave us closure, the drama was better than the baws out action sequences.  It's difficult to split The Wire, The Sopranos, and Breaking Bad but I'll probably always come down on the side of The Wire - irrationally I might add.  Bryan Cranston's performance will go down as one of the finest in TV and film.  Ultimately I'm gutted I've finished it.  I look forward to going back to it in a few years time and enjoying it once more, like I did with The Wire.

The alternative ending is really quite something. I prefer the way the ending panned out but I would have been just as happy with the alternative one.

I've made this handy 'like-factor over time' graph to describe my feelings for the main characters throughout. Time axis might be a bit wonky proportion-wise.

bb2.jpg

Jessie had me over Walter for a short while, but then became a touch too much of a wee bitch, for his own good reasons mind. The redemption of Skylar, the sharp fall of Hank, the slow but unturnable increase in the irrelevance of Junior, the continued rise of Saul, and the slight rise at the end for the most unlikeable character of all, Marie.

Edited by banana

For me, the moment the whole series hinged on one scene, when Walt let Jane die.

From then on, you just knew he was evil and there was no turning back.

It was a mindfuck moment, and just brilliant television.

Gave in started watching it, this is the episode I've left it on (dragged to Fucking IKEA).

Safe to say I'm absolutely hooked now.

Can't believe I didn't get into it earlier, I'm loving it.

I finished the last episode on Monday. The finale was well handled and gave us closure, the drama was better than the baws out action sequences. It's difficult to split The Wire, The Sopranos, and Breaking Bad but I'll probably always come down on the side of The Wire - irrationally I might add. Bryan Cranston's performance will go down as one of the finest in TV and film. Ultimately I'm gutted I've finished it. I look forward to going back to it in a few years time and enjoying it once more, like I did with The Wire.

Completely agreed re BB. Thought Series 1-3 of the Wire were simply superb but that 4 and 5 dragged.

Started Beaking Bad in May and I've only just got halfway through Season 5. Absolutely loving it.

Did anyone else like Mike Ehrmantraut? I was close to tears when he died. For me, was really unexpected. Despite Walt becoming more unpredictable and dangerous, I was still shocked when it happened.

Started Beaking Bad in May and I've only just got halfway through Season 5. Absolutely loving it.

Did anyone else like Mike Ehrmantraut? I was close to tears when he died. For me, was really unexpected. Despite Walt becoming more unpredictable and dangerous, I was still shocked when it happened.

I thought both Mike and Saul were great characters to bring in

Someone who wasn't afraid to challenge Walt and became a kind of father figure to Jessie giving him confidence in himself. The death was to be expected as he wasn't willing to follow Walts plan and he has got to the point where his actions are to his mind for the greater good of maintaing his product and empire