Evil Neighbours Thread

Wise words Jack. Hedgie should get in and see what she's got. A bit of time spent now could see you in the will. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Even if you don't, it's a foot in the door for the funeral and free sasij rolls.

Serg’s best post by a country mile and sage advice as well.

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Suddenly feel like visiting all the local retirement homes.

School boy error. Do you know how much those places cost. They burn money, if you're not poor and being kept by the social, you soon will be lodging there.

Care in the community is where the money is. Try and avoid the times the carers go in to wipe their arse.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for P&B to confirm if I'm being difficult here....

Our neighbour across the landing has decided that 04:30am would be a good time to take his bins out.  He does this once or twice a week which wakes me up as he does about 2 or 3 trips and makes no attempt to be quiet at all. He also doesn't bother to put stuff actually in bins, just leaves about 8 or 10 Asda bags full of shite piled up in the corner of the bin area (which I then put in bins for him as I'm a complete mug  it piles up and eventually we need to pay the factor to have someone to come in and clear it).

As well as the above, whenever he does this the landing absolutely stinks for hours afterwards, and there are loads of wee flies in the landing and some manage to find their way into my flat. Would I be out of order to report this guy to the landlord? 

(although having read this back I now feel like I should have done so already)

Our neighbour across the landing has decided that 04:30am would be a good time to take his bins out.  He does this once or twice a week which wakes me up as he does about 2 or 3 trips and makes no attempt to be quiet at all. He also doesn't bother to put stuff actually in bins, just leaves about 8 or 10 Asda bags full of shite piled up in the corner of the bin area (which I then put in bins for him as I'm a complete mug  it piles up and eventually we need to pay the factor to have someone to come in and clear it).
As well as the above, whenever he does this the landing absolutely stinks for hours afterwards, and there are loads of wee flies in the landing and some manage to find their way into my flat. Would I be out of order to report this guy to the landlord? 

You could report him...I guess if you do it’s confirmation, if it was needed, that you couldn’t beat him in a fight.

Anonymous note through his door made up of letters cut out from newspapers and magazines threatening to have him kneecapped if he doesn't stop being a)noisy as f**k at inappropriate times, and b) a clatty b*****d. Should do the trick.

15 minutes ago, beesher said:

100% report the clatty b*****d.

28 minutes ago, beesher said:

Set your alarm, wait for him then throw him down the stairs a few times. It will look like an accident. 

Just now, NJ2 said:

Have you chapped his door and asked him not to do any of the things he’s doing that annoy you? I’d try that before reporting him.

I was thinking about this but I thought if the guy is that selfish that he just throws his rubbish all over the bin area when he knows his neighbours will have to pay to have it cleared, why should I give him the courtesy of speaking to him first? 

I was thinking about this but I thought if the guy is that selfish that he just throws his rubbish all over the bin area when he knows his neighbours will have to pay to have it cleared, why should I give him the courtesy of speaking to him first? 

Effectively just so you can say you’ve tried, I guess. Boy sounds like a total helmet but if you report him and they say have you asked him to stop, I’m guessing they’ll say try that before bothering us again...

Just now, NJ2 said:

Effectively just so you can say you’ve tried, I guess. Boy sounds like a total helmet but if you report him and they say have you asked him to stop, I’m guessing they’ll say try that before bothering us again...

Alternatively instead of speaking to the manky b*****d he could just lie to the landlord if he asks and say yes he's asked him to stop. 

15 minutes ago, beesher said:

Take the moral high ground and stick untraceable posters on lamp posts saying he's a paedophile.

I could lie but I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing that as there's a bit of a back story....

He went through a phase of stomping around the landing in the middle of the night int his pants screaming that he was going to kill someone named 'Jenkins'. Obviously this was a bit unsettling so the police had attended a couple of times (not called by me). His behaviour was becoming more erratic (he cracked the glass in the landing door by punching it)  so I eventually wrote to the landlord as this was beginning to freak my girlfriend out. 

It turned out the guy has seizures that cause him to become aggressive and disorientated and this is what caused these incidents, which was fine as he's not in control of what he's doing. I now have a contact number for his sister and occasionally have to phone her or an ambulance if he's having one of these seizures. 

But the thing that annoyed me is that when the landlord spoke to him he denied the police had ever been in attendance and that he damaged the window, basically calling me a liar, so again this is why I'm inclined to go straight to the landlord.

None of this actually bothered me that much until one of the wee flies landed in my glass of red wine the other week....

8 minutes ago, beesher said:

I could lie but I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing that as there's a bit of a back story....

He went through a phase of stomping around the landing in the middle of the night int his pants screaming that he was going to kill someone named 'Jenkins'. Obviously this was a bit unsettling so the police had attended a couple of times (not called by me). His behaviour was becoming more erratic (he cracked the glass in the landing door by punching it)  so I eventually wrote to the landlord as this was beginning to freak my girlfriend out. 

It turned out the guy has seizures that cause him to become aggressive and disorientated and this is what caused these incidents, which was fine as he's not in control of what he's doing. I now have a contact number for his sister and occasionally have to phone her or an ambulance if he's having one of these seizures. 

But the thing that annoyed me is that when the landlord spoke to him he denied the police had ever been in attendance and that he damaged the window, basically calling me a liar, so again this is why I'm inclined to go straight to the landlord.

None of this actually bothered me that much until one of the wee flies landed in my glass of red wine the other week....

Why don't you ask his sister to have a word first?

Well I thought because this is unrelated to his medical issues that it probably wouldn't be relevant, also I didn't want to embarrass him by having his sister come down to tell him how to use a bin properly.

I think I'll have a word with him directly and put the posters up claiming he's a paedo, just to be on the safe side. Thanks P&B.

I'd mention it to the sister, I understand your point about not lying but if he has aggression issues with his seizures then that's your 'get out' for not going directly to him but through the sister or landlord. You can explain to the landlord how you know about his issues too. I'd also speak to the neighbours, its affecting you then its probably affecting them too. You can then tell the sister/landlord that the wbole stair (or whatever) is in the same position. The landlord has responsibilities to the neighbours.

Good luck.

39 minutes ago, beesher said:

I can't understand why you're being so calm about things.