Evil Neighbours Thread

5 hours ago, mathematics said:

Also, used to live in a block of flats - worst neighbours were the Chinese - inconsiderate arseholes who didn't know how to shut a door quietly, especially at 2am, or how to manage their rubbish.

^ Father Ted...

at one point i suppose i could have been considered an evil neighbour.

when i was 19 i moved into a flat and in order to find out an acceptable noise level i blasted the stereo and went to my neighbours and asked if she could hear it. i continued to nip back and forth turning the stereo up inbetween untill she could hear it. after that i always assumed 5 steps below what she couul hear was the acceptable level.

old bitch called the police everytime i had folk round, includinng a few times it was just me and a lady visitor, even when there was no music on.

there was a few times things got out of hand but i was only young!

19 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Three a.m. the doorbell rings. It's the cops, an anonymous call has reported screaming and shouting, with the phrase "get back in the silent room" being reported. Cops thinking it's some kind of Fritzl/Wolf Creek scenario. Turns out to be the crazy neighbour made the call. She's previously stalked my daughter and last Christmas day she was walking around naked in the front yard.

Should I ensure that she gets the psychiatric help she needs or should I kick her in the pie?

So it happened again last night; this time reports of someone screaming for help coming from our house. 

18 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Rules FFS, rules.

Normally I'm a stickler for rules but on this occasion you really don't want to see it. Think an uglier, fatter, more ginger Miranda Hart

16 hours ago, Estragon said:

Out of interest, what was the police response to the accusation of Fritzl-time?  Were the extremely thorough?

Asking for a friend.

Second time round cops said they won't wake us up if there's another call. Gives me free rein to start digging out the dungeon now. 

when i was 19 i moved into a flat and in order to find out an acceptable noise level i blasted the stereo and went to my neighbours and asked if she could hear it. i continued to nip back and forth turning the stereo up inbetween untill she could hear it. after that i always assumed 5 steps below what she couul hear was the acceptable level.

old bitch called the police everytime i had folk round, includinng a few times it was just me and a lady visitor, even when there was no music on.

Cock blocker

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

No problems here, as all my neighbours  are family members.

1, glitch - 12 yo girl (niece) beat me at badminton on Wednesday, in my own front garden!!!1

told her I'll be back with a bigger bat next time.

If you're using a bat for badminton then that will be why you're losing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2018 at 23:43, ah-dee said:

Where are the bodies?

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Are you three men who think half past midnight is a good time to take a van's worth of furniture up to the third floor of a close?

Pervert.

(I think)

Trying to work with the council to get our neighbours moved at the moment. We own our house and they are council tenants. Was told to report everything to the police, which we did. Out of the blue got a call from her ex, who is her kids dad warning me that if I call the police again he would get involved. The blokes not someone I could personally take on. So it has left us in a bit of a predicament. Noise diary's are being kept but we've been told unless we report everything to the police the council won't do anything other than issue a warning. My 10 month old being woken and kept up at night due to the loud music and shouting is beyond a joke. That fed up with it all that I am thinking of moving now. That would mean that they've managed to run two family's out of this house though and my stubbornness doesn't want them to win again.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Trying to work with the council to get our neighbours moved at the moment. We own our house and they are council tenants. Was told to report everything to the police, which we did. Out of the blue got a call from her ex, who is her kids dad warning me that if I call the police again he would get involved. The blokes not someone I could personally take on. So it has left us in a bit of a predicament. Noise diary's are being kept but we've been told unless we report everything to the police the council won't do anything other than issue a warning. My 10 month old being woken and kept up at night due to the loud music and shouting is beyond a joke. That fed up with it all that I am thinking of moving now. That would mean that they've managed to run two family's out of this house though and my stubbornness doesn't want them to win again.

I don't think that's true. Anti - social behaviour needn't be criminal. You do need to report everything to the council though. Which will probably have the same result, 

However, he has implied a threat and that is a police matter. You either call his bluff or don't.

I don't think that's true. Anti - social behaviour needn't be criminal. You do need to report everything to the council though. Which will probably have the same result, 
However, he has implied a threat and that is a police matter. You either call his bluff or don't.
Had the police in for the threats in the past. Have those ones in messages and they were "too vague" to be actioned upon. What the noise team deem to be too loud differs from what normal people do as well. The guys we had in for that agreed it was too loud and basey but due to it not breeching x decibels on their device their hands were tied. Iv known of the guy for years and know it won't be a bluff unfortunately. Iv challenged the guy from the council about putting in recording equipment, he again said that only happens after the police have attended 20 times for complaints but he would "try and organise it with out that"