Evil Neighbours Thread

3 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Honestly, I believe this old guy will do anything. He's proper old school - I'm sure he's an old farmer or brought up on a farm or something but also think he may have been in the army at some stage. 

I'd hardly spoken to him before this and I'm seriously glad I've never pissed him off myself 😂 

I'm open to selling them this idea if and when there's a reboot.

I'm not actually that far from Invergowrie...do you have a hedge...? And are you a dope smoking theiving b*****d?

No hedge.

Does anyone know about boundaries?

My good neighbour has dug up his driveway and I think hes encroached onto mine according to ordinance survey and this matches my deeds and land register.

He said that the garage was built squint onto his property but I have no way of proving this. I really wouldn't care normally but I struggle to get the bins out between the cars as it is.

The red line comes from the garage. He says the driveway is equal. Cant be arsed going down a legal route but how to prove?

Is the deeds enough?

Also he never asked me and did it when I was at work. Technically he has damaged my property?

355352375_IMG-20190919-WA00032.thumb.jpeg.ad8b7209746b1ac8967e3ae8a3bb00c9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My good neighbour has dug up his driveway and I think hes encroached onto mine according to ordinance survey and this matches my deeds and land register.

He said that the garage was built squint onto his property but I have no way of proving this. I really wouldn't care normally but I struggle to get the bins out between the cars as it is.

The red line comes from the garage. He says the driveway is equal. Cant be arsed going down a legal route but how to prove?

Is the deeds enough?

Also he never asked me and did it when I was at work. Technically he has damaged my property?

678BF2B1-25AD-458E-A923-1F0E533FEBE9.jpeg.e14ee4aad65d11af6818f47e7c873e4a.jpeg

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is the deeds enough?

Kick him in the pie (copyright P & B circa 2010)

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is the deeds enough?

If it's more than a petty encroachment I'd get a solicitor involved. I'm no lawyer but I think if it's uncontested it eventually becomes his by right.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If it's more than a petty encroachment I'd get a solicitor involved. I'm no lawyer but I think if it's uncontested it eventually becomes his by right.

That’s what I’m worried about also for me surely if the garage hasn’t been contested then that’s now the boundary. The garage is over 20 years old at least.

10 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

That’s what I’m worried about also for me surely if the garage hasn’t been contested then that’s now the boundary. The garage is over 20 years old at least.

I'd get it sorted for better or worse, if it comes up when you try to sell the place it would be a pain in the arse. Unless it's just a couple of inches you're talking about.

Is the deeds enough?

The logical response would be to burn down his house.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is the deeds enough?

Put up a gate and kill his chickens.

Set mishtergrolsch's neighbour's chickens on fire and throw them through his window. 

edit: I mean garage guy's window. Or Christmas decorations guy's window. Not mishtergrolsch's window. Unless he's done something to deserve it.

Edited by nsr

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Is the deeds enough?

Where on the plan is the encroachment - i’m assuming right hand side? Is he saying your garage was built squint? Because unless the picture has distorted your title seems to show the boundary slightly offset from the edge of your garage in his favour - it’s not a flush continuous line from the garage (assuming the garage is smaller building at the top right?). Is there any physical boundary at present?

If it is a modern-ish property, all you will have is a 1:1250 plan which is a bit crap for dealing with this type of dispute because of the scale. I had issues with our common garden (Glasgow tenement) and luckily the old Register of Sasines plans for previous sales had detailed description and large scale plans which you just don’t get in modern property register in the Land Register, which simply refer to the red line on the 1:1250 plan. 

Where on the plan is the encroachment - i’m assuming right hand side? Is he saying your garage was built squint? Because unless the picture has distorted your title seems to show the boundary slightly offset from the edge of your garage in his favour - it’s not a flush continuous line from the garage (assuming the garage is smaller building at the top right?). Is there any physical boundary at present?
If it is a modern-ish property, all you will have is a 1:1250 plan which is a bit crap for dealing with this type of dispute because of the scale. I had issues with our common garden (Glasgow tenement) and luckily the old Register of Sasines plans for previous sales had detailed description and large scale plans which you just don’t get in modern property register in the Land Register, which simply refer to the red line on the 1:1250 plan. 
I believe that the deeds drawing shows that the boundary line comes out from the garage. Hes dug into the drive over this line. I've tried to park to the left to be courteous for years and already struggle to get bins past. Now hes going to park even closer so I'm worried I wont be able to get out of my car if he parks on the new boundary.
Hes just decided that its half and half but the deeds show a slight diagonal from my side. If anything I appear to own more of the driveway imo.
It seems petty but giving up a few inches will be the difference in being able to get bins out or shopping to the house etc.
It's all his way or nothing.
I think I will need to get a surveyor unless my lawyer has detailed plans.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd get it sorted for better or worse, if it comes up when you try to sell the place it would be a pain in the arse. Unless it's just a couple of inches you're talking about.

Image result for kenneth williams