The weird stadiums thread

Swampy

Or perhaps they go even further than that and have a block of ruddly flats on the touchline:

post-269-0-55385700-1341019695_thumb.jpg

(Tunavallen: Ekilstuna, Sweden - Eskilstuna City)

Does Leyton Orients ground not have flats in the corners of there ground?

I also know that West Hams main stand is also a hotel

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly in the second photograph, Cowdenbeath were away from home. :P

its the first one we're away, thats central park isn't it? it's a few months since i was there, the mind can play tricks rolleyes.gif

or perhaps we're at home to montrose tongue.gif

ETA

always thought this was an odd stand

thedell8.jpg

2250168_c9befde1.jpg

Allan Park. Home of Cove Rangers. Weird looking plexiglass.... press room? What the f**k is that?

IIRC the description from the defunct "Scottish non-league football grounds" site, this is the viewing area for board members and their families (guests, I'd presume as well). There is no "public" seating at the ground.

Borys

Does Leyton Orients ground not have flats in the corners of there ground?

Connected tot he local hospital I believe. :huh:

:lol: Never seen that one, that's awesome. But get the pics uploaded here rather than linking out, otherwise I bet someone deletes them due to the MASSIVE BANDWIDTH consumption of what's sure to be the most popular thread of all time. (edit: if it's not your laptop get it formatted and down to Cash Converters before the rozzers find it)

Somewhat along the same themes as the above, and knocking five shades of crap out of Craven Cottage, is Het Kasteel (The Castle), nickname of the home of Rotterdam's second team, Sparta:

post-269-0-50985400-1341020967_thumb.jpg

(Het Kasteel (facade): Rotterdam, Netherlands - Sparta Rotterdam)

post-269-0-64279900-1341021033_thumb.jpg

(Het Kasteel (stadium): Rotterdam, Netherlands - Sparta Rotterdam)

This is the only European ground I know of that has what appears to be a fucking beer garden on the halfway line.

With the exception of the castle area, the entire stadium is a modern affair. The facade of the opposite side of the ground is as modern as it gets:

post-269-0-66698400-1341021224_thumb.jpg

(Het Kasteel (facade): Rotterdam, Netherlands - Sparta Rotterdam)

That looks absolutely fantastic.

I know he spent time in Holland, so if you read this; vikingTon, did you ever go to Sparta's stadium while you were over there? Is it as good in person as it is on here/any other quirks to it?

2250168_c9befde1.jpg

Allan Park. Home of Cove Rangers. Weird looking plexiglass.... press room? What the f**k is that?

IIRC the description from the defunct "Scottish non-league football grounds" site, this is the viewing area for board members and their families (guests, I'd presume as well). There is no "public" seating at the ground.

Borys

And that's the mob lots of people want in the SFL? :lol:

Borys

Aye, and yet it fulfils HFL's seated stand requirements!!

And that's the mob lots of people want in the SFL? :lol:

They were to have had a new stadium built as part of Aberdeen's new training centre including a 1k seater stand, IIRC.

However the new Labour councillors blocked the permission last month.

That looks absolutely fantastic.

I know he spent time in Holland, so if you read this; vikingTon, did you ever go to Sparta's stadium while you were over there? Is it as good in person as it is on here/any other quirks to it?

Nah, I was at the other end of the country.

Nah, I was at the other end of the country.

LOL!

Considering the size of the Netherlands ...

And sorry for the red dot - fat fingers. I'll greeny you somewhere else.

Borys

Archived