P&B subcrawl

All the best to those going. As I said much earlier in the thread I have no wish to become one of those middle aged rat arsed guys I used to laugh at in town!

Twenty years ago I'd have been right in there.

I have to back-peddle on my previous commitment to attend this day out. Sadly, my finances will not withstand a subcrawl on Saturday, plus a weekend away with the missus next weekend.

Before I'm called to task on my piss-poor prioritisation, I have to think of my longer term welfare and that of my testicles when making this call.

Apologies for this ignominious, 11th hour withdrawal. I had harboured the notion that I might be able to wangle something up to late this week, but with estimates on the cost of the day hitting £70+, and the requirement to factor in my taxi fare home after inevitably missing the last train, my bottle crashed. I'm also a drinking lightweight, if truth be told :(

I hope everyone who goes along has a great day. Be careful, and stay safe :)

Edited by Drooper

People pulling out of things isn't restricted to P&B events though. Why you'd get any enjoyment out of it is really rather bizarre though.

Ever follow the GA Fives thread? Its this forums equivalent to Eastenders, and I'm always strangely pleased when they manage to make 10! Its just entertainment. I don't understand what people get out of something like (say) River City, but some people find it entertaining!

:lol:

No.

Its great fun! A bit quiet at the moment, but in summary:

15 people declare themselves in.

Incomprehensible nicknames are used.

A list of said nicknames is put up in a list.

A poster called Soap MacTavish declares himself in.

Eventually, someone sensible (i.e. Fudge) asks for a list of real names, as nobody actually knows the nicknames.

7 people pull out by Sunday night.

Frantic texting happens, while everyone tries to contact all their mates.

Someone announces "I'm not playing with less than 10" and pulls out.

Eventually, with an hour before kickoff, they get 10 people.

Soap MacTavish pulls out. This happened pretty much every week for months.

They play 5 vs 4.

Its very entertaining. :ph34r:

A list of said nicknames is put up in a list.

My personal highlight is how everyone get's a football nickname, apart from Smurph who simply get's "The Snooker Player" laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to this now, taking it easy tonight since i know Sat/Sun will kill me. Might turn up to Sammy Dow's for 11, depends on what time i wake up.