Oasis/Noel Gallagher/Beady Eye songs...

AberdeenHibee

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

The vast majority of all ticket revenue goes to the band. Ticketmaster take a fee. 

As I understand it Ticket master's parent company Live Nation is promoting the tour so will get another slice, as will the production companies involved. It would be interesting to know what percentage Oasis band members can expect to get after the split.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As I understand it Ticket master's parent company Live Nation is promoting the tour so will get another slice, as will the production companies involved. It would be interesting to know what percentage Oasis band members can expect to get after the split.

Probably a fair chunk. The Cure opted out of dynamic pricing for their last US four and kept prices low - I was too late for them, but nosebleeds at the Chicago show were $25. Ticketmaster duly responded by sticking $26 booking fees on $20 tickets, so they’ll get theirs; independently of the band if needs be. 

Edited by carpetmonster
Reading clarity

55 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

Not a direct reply but as a general reply to the raised prices for the resale of tickets, I think it's quite similar to a lot of industries that bump prices up when demand increases, train fares at the weekend, package holidays during school holidays, hotels when there are large events nearby. Supply and demand.

I feel no sympathy for those that were hit by the price increases, they all had the opportunity to say no.

The difference between this and holidays is that the high prices for holidays at certain times are known well in advance so you have a choice whether to book or not, and a chance to look at other times or with different holiday companies. With this you could have started the buying process with the price being £150, only to find when you come to checkout the price has more than doubled and it's a take it or leave it situation. The holiday price doesn't change during the booking process (although they do try to add 'optional' extras on to bump the price up).

53 minutes ago, throbber said:

What about the ones who couldn’t justify paying it who missed out?

What about them ? The ammount of publicity for these tickets and the numbers that were poised to buy tickets people must have known that the cheapest tickets would have went first. They haven't really missed out though, they have decided that they couldn't justify the going rate. 

3 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

It has to surely, also the rpice of the tickets advertised before the gigs I dont know anyone who got a ticket who paid what they were advertised for initially. 

The trades description act must be close to getting breached by this sort of scamming.

who gets the extra money that the price surging gives? Split between band and Ticketmaster?

The percentage Ticketmaster gets doesn't change. So it mostly goes to the band in the end.

A maximum ticket price should be clearly stated. I've heard in demand ticket pricing being compared to hotel or airline pricing. But in those two instances there isn't a high intensity period where those tickets go on sale. Sale of tickets using in demand pricing seems much more similar to betting and should be regulated as such.

15 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

What about them ? The ammount of publicity for these tickets and the numbers that were poised to buy tickets people must have known that the cheapest tickets would have went first. They haven't really missed out though, they have decided that they couldn't justify the going rate. 

But they aren’t paying extra for a VIP ticket - this isn’t a case of cheapest tickets going first they are charging some people £150 for a standing ticket and then others are getting charged £356 for the exact same thing because ticketmaster are hiking the prices up.

They have missed out as well - you’re talking about the going rate but these people are in a queue thinking they’re paying £150 standing or £75 seated which were the prices they announced days earlier. If you can’t see the injustice in all this I can’t help you.

36 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

Nowhere in the publicity did it say that the exact same tickets could treble the advertised price while you wait in the queue. Flights and hotels you just pay whatever it says when you pick your dates, it doesn't shoot up while you fill in your details.

Edited by welshbairn

This statement from Oasis on the day of the presale looks stupid now when the very next day ticketmaster were selling them above face value

""We have noticed people attempting to sell tickets on the secondary market since the start of the pre-sale," they wrote. "Please note, tickets can ONLY be resold, at face value, via @Ticketmaster and @Twickets. Tickets sold in breach of the terms and conditions will be canceled by the promote

Edited by ScotiaNostra

59 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nowhere in the publicity did it say that the exact same tickets could treble the advertised price while you wait in the queue. Flights and hotels you just pay whatever it says when you pick your dates, it doesn't shoot up while you fill in your details.

Plumpy is the sort of person who doesn’t understand why homeless people can’t just buy a house.

28 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Or solving world hunger by just making more sandwiches 

I think he might have the wrong end of the stick based on him thinking it was a case of the cheaper tickets going first so hopefully he comes back with a formal apology.

14 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think he might have the wrong end of the stick based on him thinking it was a case of the cheaper tickets going first so hopefully he comes back with a formal apology.

To make it easier for him, he can think of this analogy

You’re standing at the bus stop at 5pm on a Friday and everyone is wanting to get home. There are a two people in front of you in the queue, and several people behind. The bus pulls up with only 4 spaces left on it. The two people in front get on and pay the normal fare, but when you get on, as there are now only 2 seats left and there are more than 2 people wanting to get on, the driver applies dynamic pricing and says the fare has now trebled. I would assume most people would think that is wrong and shouldn’t be allowed, but this is what concert promoters and Ticketmaster do.  

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

You’re standing at the bus stop at 5pm on a Friday and everyone is wanting to get home. There are a two people in front of you in the queue, and several people behind. The bus pulls up with only 4 spaces left on it. The two people in front get on and pay the normal fare, but when you get on, as there are now only 2 seats left and there are more than 2 people wanting to get on, the driver applies dynamic pricing and says the fare has now trebled. I would assume most people would think that is wrong and shouldn’t be allowed, but this is what concert promoters and Ticketmaster do.  

They are basically doing what ticket touts do, theres no difference. 

The official Oasis Instagram account has posted pictures of them on billboards across various cities in the USA. Assume some stateside gigs will be announced shortly.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The official Oasis Instagram account has posted pictures of them on billboards across various cities in the USA. Assume some stateside gigs will be announced shortly.

It’s from The Scum, so take with a huge pinch of salt, but apparently, NYC, LA, Boston, Chicago, Toronto and CDMX

ETA - zoom the pic out and scroll down for the ‘dates’ 

IMG_4476.jpeg

Edited by carpetmonster

I know this is a bit cheeky, but if anyone has 1 spare ticket, or hears of 1, for my son, please give me a shout. He is happy to go on his own.  He's really down, compounded by a girl at his school having tickets and not being able to name a single Oasis song 😭

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

Sad but true - why don’t all industries adopt a dynamic pricing system while we’re at it? It surely doesn’t just need to be for ticket sales. 

Without copying in all the experts, heres just a historical news item on Ticketmasters dynamic pricing for tickets in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62919634

It certainly isn't a new thing and anyone with previous experience of buying highly saught after tickets from would have know. Waiting all those hours on hold would have been better served researching Ticketmaster than trying to learn some of the songs that Oasis released. My partners friend spent 8 hours in the que, when asked to name 3 songs she could only name Wonderwall.